Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Koke

Sheffield United (A) pre match

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

 

Not joking here. The youth need chance. Otherwise, their development is stalled. 

 

We are top 10 team. We facing a recently promoted sides. Benkovic has a decent season with Scottish Top League. Barnes give the top six few problems last season. 

 

Playing them is not like throwing dices for dewsbury hall who's yet to prove their ability in PL sides. 

OK.... 

So what would your team be? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isnt the game to be chucking the youth in, these are the games we need to be guaranteeing 3 points.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You give the youth a chance when you play Sheffield United away with 3 games left to go, if you have nothing to play for. Not 3 games into the season. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why I read opposition forums but what ive gathered so far is... If we are confident we have our heads too far up our own arses since the title win...If we jest we're all arrogant ***** and if we're complimentary we're patronising...can't bloody win! I think we should stop being so reasonable...

 

Saying that majority of comments do seem to appreciate that we're not underestimating them. 

Edited by srex9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

 

Not joking here. The youth need chance. Otherwise, their development is stalled. 

 

We are top 10 team. We facing a recently promoted sides. Benkovic has a decent season with Scottish Top League. Barnes give the top six few problems last season. 

 

Playing them is not like throwing dices for dewsbury hall who's yet to prove their ability in PL sides. 

Benkovic will get his chance at some point but you can't bench Evans or Soyuncu when they have played so well in the first two games. Sheffield United have a good team and are going to be difficult to beat and this is not the time for experiments. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, srex9 said:

Not sure why I read opposition forums but what ive gathered so far is... If we are confident we have our heads too far up our own arses since the title win...If we jest we're all arrogant ***** and if we're complimentary we're patronising...can't bloody win! I think we should stop being so reasonable...

 

Saying that majority of comments do seem to appreciate that we're not underestimating them. 

This is basically what happened when we were first promoted. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is the place to put it, but I will be going to the game tomorrow without a ticket for our end.

 

There are plenty of tickets left in the home end so I will sit there if needs be, but if - for whatever reason - anyone has a spare student or adult away ticket available for tomorrow, I will happily buy it off you tomorrow in Sheffield!

 

If you do, so please get in touch - cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EJN said:

Not sure if this is the place to put it, but I will be going to the game tomorrow without a ticket for our end.

 

There are plenty of tickets left in the home end so I will sit there if needs be, but if - for whatever reason - anyone has a spare student or adult away ticket available for tomorrow, I will happily buy it off you tomorrow in Sheffield!

 

If you do, so please get in touch - cheers!

Have you got a ticket for the home end? A few posters found that you couldn't unless you had a certain number of points. 

And you're gonna want to look in the ticket thread to look rather than posting in here. Tickets for this are in high demand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

 

Not joking here. The youth need chance. Otherwise, their development is stalled. 

We have one of the youngest and most promising squads in the Premier League, I think youth is getting an opportunity :dunno:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UniFox21 said:

Have you got a ticket for the home end? A few posters found that you couldn't unless you had a certain number of points. 

And you're gonna want to look in the ticket thread to look rather than posting in here. Tickets for this are in high demand.

Hi mate,

 

i just noticed that ticket thread so have posted there - cheers!

 

I also notice on that Sheff U site saying they’re on general sale to people with over x amount of points. 

 

I will give their ticket office a call tomorrow morning and see what the deal is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

 

Not joking here. The youth need chance. Otherwise, their development is stalled. 

 

We are top 10 team. We facing a recently promoted sides. Benkovic has a decent season with Scottish Top League. Barnes give the top six few problems last season. 

 

Playing them is not like throwing dices for dewsbury hall who's yet to prove their ability in PL sides. 

Hanan96, are you an ostrich?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to tomorrow. In laws all Blades fans, seen them many times, only time I support the away team is when we are there.  Up the City. Hope Vardy scores for the comedy value.  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The start of the game is key. Sheff U will come all guns blazing, still riding off their promotion and with a good manager in their ear. We need to learn quick from our slow start last week. 

 

If we control the first 20-25 minutes, I think we will win as we have better players to dictate. 

 

This will Be a tough game though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Sheffield United will be fighting relegation like many have predicted, judging on their opening performances. They have a proper team spirit about them which goes underated at times.

 

But I do expect us to be improving on last season and we should be winning these games, put in the quality and work ethic that we know we can achieve and we will get the 3 points.

 

I'll leave the team selection and formations/tactics to BR and co as my fifa 08-15 experience doesn't qualify me, I believe.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Happy Blade said:

Getting the strong sense that most Blades would be very happy with a point giving us 5 points from first three which is way above expectations. Respect for LCFC as the best team we've played and for madison  & co is very solid.  It's a difficult game to call with both teams at a sort of tipping point. Foxes win and you're on your way, Blades win and people will seriously begin to believe we are going to be a  big surprise in the prem this season as the day one favourites for relegation. We are all going to know so much more atthe end of the match which is why it is such a fascinating fixture. May the best team on the day win and will show up very briefly on Sunday to eat humble pie or try not appear too smug.  Thanks for not being pr*cks about me sticking my head above the parapet  on here.

I genuinely never thought you were the nailed on relegation battlers that people labelled you as. Decent footballing team with a very good manager with momentum.

 

Considering the absolute shite that’s in the bottom half of our division you will (probably already have) definitely shock a few people. I guess the concern is goals for you but I think you will be fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EJN said:

Not sure if this is the place to put it, but I will be going to the game tomorrow without a ticket for our end.

 

There are plenty of tickets left in the home end so I will sit there if needs be, but if - for whatever reason - anyone has a spare student or adult away ticket available for tomorrow, I will happily buy it off you tomorrow in Sheffield!

 

If you do, so please get in touch - cheers!

Saying which one you are in your profile picture may make it easier to get a ticket...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Saying which one you are in your profile picture may make it easier to get a ticket...

 

Or the opposite :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nigerian press are reporting that Ndidi has a hamstring problem and will likely be out through the international break. Weird as Brendan didnt mention anything yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Nigerian press are reporting that Ndidi has a hamstring problem and will likely be out through the international break. Weird as Brendan didnt mention anything yesterday.

Maybe he's got exams?

 

https://www.dmu.ac.uk/about-dmu/news/2019/august/city-star-ndidi-improves-career-goals-with-dmu-business-course.aspx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Nigerian press are reporting that Ndidi has a hamstring problem and will likely be out through the international break. Weird as Brendan didnt mention anything yesterday.

Probably a tactical “hamstring problem” then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Nigerian press are reporting that Ndidi has a hamstring problem and will likely be out through the international break. Weird as Brendan didnt mention anything yesterday.

That would be an interesting twist. Hamza and Dennis in back, or maybe Mendy gets a look in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Saying which one you are in your profile picture may make it easier to get a ticket...

 

Unfortunately for most on this forum (I imagine), I am the guy! 😂😂

 

@Leeds Fox

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...