Sign in to follow this  
jonthefox

View from Sheffield.

They will do OK and probably stay up this season but overall I dont rate them. They're not pretty, very hard working but very ordinary side. We were cruising in 2nd gear and yet looked comfortable spart from the last 5-10 mins and even then it wasn't that hard. 

McGoldrick and Robinson up front though, goodness me. 

I've been on this forum long enough to have seen very many similar threads on here about opposition teams following a poor result. 

People in glass houses and all that.

Oh well never mind, on to the next game. Why bother caring what other teams fans think of us?

• Like 1

Don’t like us at all do they? 

I know a few Sheff U fans and to be honest they’re just angry, about everything, all the time - so those comments don’t surprise me. 

12 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Deluded.

As many of you will know, I'm "pessimistic" and certainly not biased towards us at all but we controlled the game. There was 10 min spell where they were okay, in which they scored, but other than that we had more ball and better chances. Even in Wilder's post match comments he summed it up.

I don't think I've ever seen a team knock the ball out of play so much.

Everyone is a little bit biased.

9 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

A very interesting and balanced report of the game from a SUFC fan on their forums. 

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/united-1-leciester-2-report.74683/

Wont copy and paste as its quite detailed and long (prob will be a good 5 mins read) 

Thanks, a good read with fair comments.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Tinpot, small-time club with bitter and weird fans. Where have they got this idea that they've ever been relevant lol

Did you read the link, at all?

Even though they are in the Prem now, they have and always will, live in the shadow of Wednesday thats what makes them bitter.Must be difficult being the smaller side in the City.

Spoke to a few Sheff Utd fans on the train and to and from the ground, they all seemed reasonable and friendly enough. I thought they look solid defensively and their team will cause enough sides problems with the overload out wide provided by the fullbacks going forwards. They did vs. Palace last weekend but I think we handled that element of their game very well. Attacking wise they looked much better when McBurnie and Sharp came on, they need to play those two from the off. 

If you've got Billy Sharp and ex forest flop David McGoldrick in your side then sorry, you've got a one way ticket back to the Championship.

Said the same early on about Cardiff last season too (although they were extremely unlucky with what happened with Sala) but you need more than just grit and togetherness at this level, you need some proper quality, especially upfront. 

Just now, Collymore said:

If you've got Billy Sharp and ex forest flop David McGoldrick in your side then sorry, you've got a one way ticket back to the Championship.

Said the same early on about Cardiff last season too (although they were extremely unlucky with what happened with Sala) but you need more than just grit and togetherness at this level, you need some proper quality, especially upfront. 

They’ll be looking to McBurnie for that quality, he’s looked alright so far, I think he could get a fair few for them, maybe 8/9 goals. Sharp could weigh in with a few as well as he’s always scored goals wherever he’s been, whenever he’s played, but again, no guarantees. Still might not be enough however. 

As for McGoldrick, looks like the step up will be too much for him, Robinson hasn’t shown loads early on either.

They signed Moussett from Bournemouth as well I think? But his goal scoring record to date would suggest he’s not going to contribute too much either. They should have gone for Charlie Austin imo. 

They're a bit like Burnley in that they're a well organised side that play above the sum of their parts. Different style of football to Burnley though.