Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Bournemouth (H) Pre Match

20 hours ago, FIF said:

Not at all. Hamza is a fast passer and passes forwards but that's irrelevant since Tielemans and Madders are both in the team and it's their job to get us moving. The only midfielder in our squad who has problems passing quickly is N'Didi but I'd play him for his interceptions, tackling ability and his height/heading ability. You don't need to play 11 Albrighton's in order to pass quickly.

I think the problem with playing ndidi and hamza is that hamza tends to come deep to collect, teams mark out YT and maddison then all hes got to pass forward to is Ndidi, of which isnt the best at starting attacks. Its good defensively but i feel just one DM is fine, madders has upped defensive workrate now so he should play next to YT

Lads it's Bournemouth. :ph34r:

Which normally means we lose. >_<

Still, having finally broken that duck last season I'm optimistic, especially knowing how they play and knowing we're far more effective these days against expansive sides. :scarf:

Frankly, you'd be mad to have any Leicester or Bournemouth defenders in your fantasy team, but if you do, bench them. I smell a high scoring game - a 3-2 to us or a 2-2 draw.

Edited by OntarioFox

I would be a lot more confident against one of the top 6 than I would be against Bournemouth. Our bogey team in recent times.

It was great to get one over them last March and on all known form its one we can win. Depends on Bournemouth playing us the same way as Wolves.

You don't want to go too defensive but it's hard to leave N'Didi out. Would keep Barnes in reserve for now. 

It'd be great to get another win before a tough run of games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I never said they had. Fact is, the points have been picked up. I was merely countering your 'what if' we've an equally valid 'what if'. Those things didn't happen, ergo, not relevant.

Fair point well presented. 

Maybe I'm just a little frustrated that I know we are way off of our potential and worry we could end up losing value points to teams we could and should be beating. We do have a fantastic squad which makes the lacklustre performances more frustrating. 

Edited by adejo92

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Fair point well presented. 

Maybe I'm just a little frustrated that I know we are way off of our potential and worry we could end up losing value points to teams we could and should be beating. We do have a fantastic squad which makes the lacklustre performances more frustrating. 

I think many share your frustration. Look at it this way - imagine what might happen should it click into place.... :)

Things could be so much worse, my friend. Let's hope for a convincing win today, and then people might start singing silly songs about winning the title again...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Go on....go and let off some steam in ‘Pedantry Central’. It’s rather funny in there. 😁😁

lol I would normally just let it slide and bottle up the rage, but I thought it might be funny to correct that after it was spelt wrong so many times in such a short message.

• Haha 2

I haven’t been impressed with performances apart from the second half vs Chelsea but I’d take a win today, no matter how ugly. 

These are a bit of a bogey side for us and winning when we’re not playing well is a sign of a good team.

1-0 will do for me.

A win today would be magic. 8 points on the board and top four.

It’d give some real confidence going into the international break - and then up against a Man U side which as I’m watching now, is beatable.

I really think after Tuesdays set piece goal, outrageous penalty and England call up, Maddison will shine this afternoon.

Heart says 3-1 win.

A hopeful head says 2-1 win.

C’mon Leicester.

Just now, Fox1970 said:

We have a new Premier referee today.  Hope he's wise enough to some of the rather underhand stuff that Bournemouth have showed against us in recent seasons. 

I’m not sure with Madders and Hamza in our side we have too much in the way of complaints!