Sign in to follow this  
Steven

Bournemouth H Post Match Thread 3 - 1

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So we’ll ignore the fact he’s been mostly woeful and keep playing him because... you know, he’s young.

No, you're missing the point.  I never said that he gets a free pass into the team.  Select him on his merits but we as a fanbase should show patience to a player that is developing and coming through the ranks.

As for being 'mostly woeful', perhaps you missed that stunning winner only last week?  Great technique and composure there.

• Like 4

Fine to go against the grain and not think Barnes has as much potential as many here seem to think. I don't disagree with that. 

To call his performances "mostly woeful" is disingenuous in the extreme

Edited by martyn
  • Thanks 1

Having seen it, Tielemans was fortunate. I think he was trying to shield the ball and wasn't malicious but if studs connect you are in trouble.

54 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So we’ll ignore the fact he (BARNES) has been mostly woeful and keep playing him because... you know, he’s young.

Mostly woeful? Jeez.

To be fair @Babylon, you were banging the drum day in day out about how great Puel was, in the face of evidence on and off the pitch, so please forgive me if I treat your football opinions with a certain amount of caution lol [The emoji will hopefully illustrate I'm being somewhat playful rather than nasty here]

• Haha 1

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

To be fair @Babylon, you were banging the drum day in day out about how great Puel was'.

To be fair, Geoff, he wasn't. He was trying to bring balance to an incredibly one-sided 'debate'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

To be fair, Geoff, he wasn't. He was trying to bring balance to an incredibly one-sided 'debate'.

To be fair HPF I shall politely disagree.

• Haha 1

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

To be fair HPF I shall politely disagree.

He played devil's advocate a fair amount, I'll grant you. But I remember that he spent a lot of time trying to debunk opinion with fact. Of course, he got it wrong from time to time - we all do, even @ARM1968  :) - but I think he was genuinely trying to deal with the one-eyed hatred for Puel, who, for all his faults, was still a human being, not a 'non-person' as someone shamefully referred to him recently.

• Like 1

Totally disagree with the ‘mostly woeful’ comment regarding Barnes, but there’s something not right with how he and Chilwell interact on that side of the pitch. 

• Like 3

Albrighton is a key player for us, when he's on the pitch everything just clicks..

Needs to be starting week in week out on the left wing for me. Let Perez/Barnes/Gray fight for the RW spot.

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I remember that he spent a lot of time trying to debunk opinion with fact.

People in the media (myself included) were saying, and quite often, how Puel was ripping the insides of the club apart.

These were facts, not opinion, but some wouldn't have it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

People in the media (myself included) were saying, and quite often, how Puel was ripping the insides of the club apart.

Most of us know this. Some people just like to be contrary. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Sure, some. But Babylon wasn't only dealing with that - he was dealing with people who weren't in your privileged position, who were coming out with hateful toss. You've already subtly shifted the terms of this discussion from Babylon to 'some', and you're talking specifically about what people in the media were saying. I am happy to believe you and trust your collective perceptions on this, but it STILL cannot be used for some of the crap that got said here (and I heard plenty at matches I attended too).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

I'm calling to prorogue the International break!.. 

On my way to Balmoral right now. 

Not again, Jacob...

How's Nanny and the 19th century?

14 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Gosh the distrust of media rumours is so undeserved...

• Haha 1

Absolutely EPIC today. Starting to feel #fearless again. Last season was a worry every game but so far so good this season 4 games in one game at a time but let’s kick on. COYB 🦊💙

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He’s playing in the same position he did for West Brom and he’s not playing anywhere else for us, so we need to judge on him there. He’s regressed since coming back IMO and doesn’t work with Chilwell at all.

He’s got something but he’s not showing enough at the moment.

Player development is not linear, we have a great group of young players, they are all going to have up and downs in form.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Quorn_fox said:

Totally disagree with the ‘mostly woeful’ comment regarding Barnes, but there’s something not right with how he and Chilwell interact on that side of the pitch. 

They both love each other and had a tiff

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Thank you for helping to elevate the discussion onto a higher plane. 

Yes. What an appalling comment.