Sign in to follow this  
st albans fox

Yanited A pre match

1 hour ago, brucey said:

The cynic in me says they might have been ‘strongly encouraged’ by their club to do so..

Yeah true. With Wan Bissaka I can see him agreeing with management but Pogba seems like he’d just go anyway if he wanted to. 

I think this will be a game that will put into perspective where we stand in the top six chase. Man U would be a team that we think we could replace in the standings especially as they are so disjointed these days. Having said that, the bookies have them as strong favourites to beat us.

I had a dream....

Manutd  2. Vs  Leicester 4.

Maguire..11.      Evans...27

Maguire 76.       Vardy...81

Soyuncu...86

Soyuncu...90+3

Headlines:...   Good  Evans!!!

Maguire Celebrations derailed by Late Vardy party...

Sweet & sour mixture of Turkish Delight

and Soyu-sauce..!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

i will die a happy man if i could just see Vardy skin Maguire and leave him in a cloud of dust. once. Just once!

Not too much to ask for i hope!

• Like 3

I just want the victory to put the deluded Man U fans in there place. Cags to have an amazing afternoon and totally outshine Harry.

• Like 2

Four games in, and suddenly the hot take is to pile on the LCFC bandwagon and, well, just pile on MUFC.

mufc.thumb.JPG.e5d293eafaac131a2ca2c5ef8fe4ec33.JPG

Our rise and their issues were predictable going into the season.  But rather than merely catch up with facts, the media and popular perception do tend to go overboard.

I see this as anybody’s match, and a huge barometer for both clubs.  Plus the mass-media unveiling of the "new slabhead in town" Soyuncu/Maguire story.  It's hard not to be excited!  :celebrate:

It'll be my birthday and I'll be happy with three points it it's the only gift I get!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

We’re well overdue a victory at Old Trafford 

These things always come, eventually, as I said to my wife. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Haha 1

A draw at each would more than suffice - so long as we can take full advantage of the likes of Palace and dare I say, Everton. 

Wan-Bissaka is out of England's gane before this fixture with a 'back' injury.

Am sure he'll return next Saturday, ready to play; as it's quite a common theme that a Man United player apparently gets injured before an international game but are then available for the next domestic game afterwards..

• Like 1

We’ve got the quality, I just hope that we go into the game wanting to go for the throat. If we give them too much respect, I can see a first half like at Stamford Bridge. 

• Like 2

After snatching a win from us in the opener last season - a match where I felt we outplayed them and they were lucky to win - I hope we give them the business. Statements matter, so on and so forth.

• Like 2

We have a simply terrible record there. What is it? 6 wins at Old Trafford in our entire history?

Although we have had a decent start to the season I haven't been that convinced by us to date. Some good stuff but also some really ordinary play too.

If we get a draw I would be absolutely delighted but they are not as bad as many on here make out so can see them winning too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Domsdad said:

I want Matty James to play just so he can megs Big Harry.

Be difficult seeing as he wasnt named in the 25 man squad. I don't care who megs and embarrasses Harry as long as someone does and we win the game. 

48 minutes ago, reynard said:

We have a simply terrible record there. What is it? 6 wins at Old Trafford in our entire history?

Although we have had a decent start to the season I haven't been that convinced by us to date. Some good stuff but also some really ordinary play too.

If we get a draw I would be absolutely delighted but they are not as bad as many on here make out so can see them winning too.

Spot on but you may be in the wrong place for reason and common sense.

I just hope our younger players (and manager!) don’t believe the recent hype we’ve had. Would much prefer we stayed under the radar.  Then again, if we wanted to stay under the radar we wouldn’t have appointed Rodgers as manager...

Think it’ll be a draw, 2-2

Edited by car1os

IF we beat Man Utd watch the media hype machine click into top gear. It’s quite possible we will, also possible we’ll

lose like we always do at Utd for some reason. Personally think it’s time for a win. 

IMO, it all depends on Youri - when he's on it, things happen, and he allows both Madderz and Vardy to raise their game and get involved more.  The times we've struggled are when he's not been fully awake.  Hopefully his last goal will help a lot!

• Like 1

Strong performance please City

let's give this one a right good go. Nothing to fear currently at Old Trafford but it will still be a very difficult game

• Like 1

Hope it's not a repeat of 3 years ago when we were 4-0 down at HT! 

We still seem prone to starting slowly away from home.