Jump to content
davieG

Agent of Real Madrid and Leicester City star arrested in Monaco

Recommended Posts

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/09/11/christophe-henrotay-agent-of-courtois-and-tielemans-arrested/

A big-name football agent has reportedly been arrested in Monaco over potentially dodgy transfer activity.

The agent in question is Christophe Henrotay, who represents Real Madrid and former Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois and Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans.

 

According to HLN, Henrotay has been arrested in Monaco over money laundering relating to player sales in football.

Henrotay also represents other members of the Belgian national team, so one imagines this story could have big repercussions for a number of Europe’s top footballers.

The report explains that Henrotay has been detained and will face questioning on Thursday over these serious allegations.

 

It remains to be seen if he will definitely be found guilty of any wrongdoing, but the likes of Courtois and Tielemans may have reason to worry about who represents them.

Henrotay was notably involved in bringing Tielemans to Leicester City this summer, while Courtois left Chelsea for current club Real Madrid last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/09/11/5d78f16322601d1b038b4605.html

As part of an ongoing investigation into corruption within football, Thibaut Courtois' agent, Christophe Henrotay, has been arrested in Monaco after having been previously accused of money laundering and corruption.

Henrotay is one of seven people involved in football who was arrested on Wednesday as the investigation reached a definitive point.

The aforementioned agent is also linked with Yannick Ferreira Carrasco, who seemed set to leave China in the summer although a high-profile move never materialised.

"The events mainly affect money laundering and private corruption operations in the transfers of football players," the Belgian federal prosecutor said in a statement.

Two of the people arrested are a player agent based in Monaco and his assistant who worked in Liege, Belgium.

Henrotay is known to have strong connections to Belgian football and had previously represent Youri Tielemans, now at Leicester City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as Youri and Leicester weren't involved with any wrongdoing, he should be alright. I know we've had our moments in recent years with FFP and shell companies but the club's owners and those high up at the club (Whelan, Rudkin, etc.) do have a certain image to uphold, and they know there's a lot of goodwill towards them among our fans, the city in general, football as a whole and other spheres of influence such as the royal families of the UK and Thailand.

 

So, for their sakes, and ours as fans, I do hope the club and Youri aren't involved.

 

Hopefully it's just limited to the Mitrovic to Newcastle deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://sportwitness.co.uk/new-searches-suspected-money-laundering-investigation-thibaut-courtois-agent-apprehended-monaco/

RTBF report Henrotay was apprehended in Monaco, where he is currently being held by the local police.

A Belgian investigating judge is also said to be present, and there is still a possibility that an international arrest warrant could be issued.

The name of the second person has also been revealed by RTBF, and that is Christophe Cheniaux, who is Henrotay’s brother-in-law and one of his main collaborators.

Prior to this, the website explain the renowned Belgian agent was already in a dispute after one of his former collaborators, Peter Smeets, accused Henrotay of pocketing a €6m commission from Youri Tielemans’ transfer to Monaco, with Smeets filing a complaint about the issue.

The Leicester midfielder has since stopped working with Henrotay, who also used to be the agent of renowned players such as Romelu Lukaku, Leander Dendoncker and Michy Batshuayi.

 

 

...That’s a lot of commission for a 25m transfer :mellow: I hope his new agent charged us less!

 

Edited by brucey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t Pogba’s agent get something along the lines of £35m for the deal taking him to Utd, he should be arrested for fraud of the highest order 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brucey said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/new-searches-suspected-money-laundering-investigation-thibaut-courtois-agent-apprehended-monaco/

RTBF report Henrotay was apprehended in Monaco, where he is currently being held by the local police.

A Belgian investigating judge is also said to be present, and there is still a possibility that an international arrest warrant could be issued.

The name of the second person has also been revealed by RTBF, and that is Christophe Cheniaux, who is Henrotay’s brother-in-law and one of his main collaborators.

Prior to this, the website explain the renowned Belgian agent was already in a dispute after one of his former collaborators, Peter Smeets, accused Henrotay of pocketing a €6m commission from Youri Tielemans’ transfer to Monaco, with Smeets filing a complaint about the issue.

The Leicester midfielder has since stopped working with Henrotay, who also used to be the agent of renowned players such as Romelu Lukaku, Leander Dendoncker and Michy Batshuayi.

 

 

...That’s a lot of commission for a 25m transfer :mellow: I hope his new agent charged us less!

 

"renowned players"

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mint23 said:

Didn’t Pogba’s agent get something along the lines of £35m for the deal taking him to Utd, he should be arrested for fraud of the highest order 

Not the agent's fault Man Utd is run by gullible *****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're about due a scandal aren't we? I reckon it'll be someone unexpected like Albrighton. Yeah that's it, a video will emerge of Marc shoving mountains of coke up his hooter off Chris Iwelumo's arse at Legoland

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We're about due a scandal aren't we? I reckon it'll be someone unexpected like Albrighton. Yeah that's it, a video will emerge of Marc shoving mountains of coke up his hooter off Chris Iwelumo's arse at Legoland

Hamza wears a wig!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it sounds like he's laundering money for tax reasons - not the same situation as that fiasco that involved Arry and Portsmouth...  So nothing to do with our club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Bang him up for life and give us back his 10%. Greedy agents.

 

10 hours ago, Izzy said:

Fackin agents. 

 

A sh1t stain on the modern game.

Couldn't agree more.

 

I lived in London for a short while and got to know a sports agent, and he talked about his clients as 'pieces of meat'. He had no respect or regard for them whatsoever, and he represented some huge sports names.

 

It was all about how much he could fleece out of them and the clubs.

 

Like corporate sponsorship and VAR it's ripping the soul from football.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stadt said:

We're about due a scandal aren't we? I reckon it'll be someone unexpected like Albrighton. Yeah that's it, a video will emerge of Marc shoving mountains of coke up his hooter off Chris Iwelumo's arse at Legoland

It was the Legoland bit that really sold it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThaiFox said:

 

Couldn't agree more.

 

I lived in London for a short while and got to know a sports agent, and he talked about his clients as 'pieces of meat'. He had no respect or regard for them whatsoever, and he represented some huge sports names.

 

It was all about how much he could fleece out of them and the clubs.

 

Like corporate sponsorship and VAR it's ripping the soul from football.

Sounds like some of our mp's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Sounds like some of our mp's

Not some.........but just about all politicians!

 

Like agents, they have little regard or respect to the people they represent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...