Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Yes N'Didi

The Race for Top 6

Recommended Posts

Out of interest, how long did this take you?

Also, do you have a job?

If so, does your boss know?

If not (yet), you'll need to look for another job soon!

If done in spare evening time, you'll need to look for another girlfriend soon!

Edited by koop.
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My kind of thread. Love a good stat! Ridiculously detailed but not gonna berate you for it :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

We are not top six quality at the present moment and will need to improve in the final third to even take the seventh spot. The press have got a hold of this top six thing and I think some City fans are believing it.

I have no problems with us aiming for top six but we have work to do. Playing two defensive midfielders will not get us there.

Will we? All the other challengers for Seventh have started poorly and have a host of other problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Will we? All the other challengers for Seventh have started poorly and have a host of other problems. 

If we are relying on other teams to under-achieve then i don't feel that is much of a game plan. I would like for us to be candidates based on our performances

Edited by gurru991

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After losing against a man utd side thats the equivilant of bolton wanderers/stoke city of old with poor/ boring/ negative football we stand no chance of top six! We messed up in the transfer window and should of signed che adams as back up to vardy! and Ismaila sarr as a wing option. Also we persist on playing tielimans/maddison out of position to accomodate ndidi and choudhary and have nothing up top if Vardy is injured.  Also no plan B! Fortunitely the premier league is poor from 3rd down and all the teams are as bad as each other.  we'll finish a standard 9th this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance you can do something similar explaining the Duckworth Lewis Method Versus the UEFA Co-efficient ratings?

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

After losing against a man utd side thats the equivilant of bolton wanderers/stoke city of old with poor/ boring/ negative football we stand no chance of top six! We messed up in the transfer window and should of signed che adams as back up to vardy! and Ismaila sarr as a wing option. Also we persist on playing tielimans/maddison out of position to accomodate ndidi and choudhary and have nothing up top if Vardy is injured.  Also no plan B! Fortunitely the premier league is poor from 3rd down and all the teams are as bad as each other.  we'll finish a standard 9th this season

I bet you get invited to a lot of parties/social gatherings don’t you? 

 

Sorry lol 

 

Come on mate it’s not that bad! We’ll be fine just relax, seasons barely started :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, koop. said:

Out of interest, how long did this take you?

Also, do you have a job?

If so, does your boss know?

If not (yet), you'll need to look for another job soon!

If done in spare evening time, you'll need to look for another girlfriend soon!

Thanks for your helpful contribution.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Interesting stats. As I suspected we are off the pace currently. It would have been nice to get a point at United or all 3 at Chelsea.

Definitely. I think there was a lot of hyesteria after the United loss where we saw it as a missed opportunity - which it was, but so much pressure was placed on the game, not helped by the Maguire link, that it was our only opportunity to replace them and show what we’re about.

 

The key is consistency, something United are lacking at the minute. We were so frustratingly inconsistent last season (beating Chelsea and Man City and losing at home to Cardiff) that we just need to find a way to keep making small improvements to results. If we can get any form of a run going it’s not inconceivable to break the top 6. It’s delivering marginal gains.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Some seem to think that winning at Old Trafford/Stamford Bridge is the be all and end all of us trying to break the top 6. Obviously taking points off these teams helps but the key area we have fallen down previously is beating the absolute shower of shite teams like Palace etc. Other than Wolves, as that games gone, we should be beating every team at home outside the top 6 which is 12 teams (Bournemouth weve already beaten obviously) which equates to 36 points. A few draws against some bigger teams with maybe a win or 2 and that would see us to +40 points at home. That means we'd need roughly around 24 points away from home to have a chance of top 6. We already have 4 points away from home so thats down to 20 which is 6 wins and 2 draws away from home against the other 12 teams outside the top 6 we are yet to play away against. Its a tough ask, and Brendan needs to change things up in certain games but its definitely achievable. Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Everton and Wolves have all looked dodgy at times this season so its all to play for. 

This. We know we can give the top six a game and on our day even beat them. Think where our season should be judged is how we deal with the teams who sit deep. So many points have gone begging with teams below us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate all this stuff about top six. Right now we are way off in my opinion. Let's reevaluate in the new year but all this giddiness about us making Europe or even the Champions League makes me very uncomfortable 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gurru991 said:

If we are relying on other teams to under-achieve then i don't feel that is much of a game plan. I would like for us to be candidates based on our performances

I agree. Just saying that the past few seasons have shown us that it isn't the "best of the rest" that gets seventh usually, but the "least shit", the one that manages to limp over the line. Wolves, Burnley, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Right now we are way off in my opinion. I hate all this stuff about top six.

If you look at the table, you will see that your opinion is not correct, right now, we are fifth.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, treer said:

If you look at the table, you will see that your opinion is not correct, right now, we are fifth.

Heh. Touche.

 

I'm just saying I'm sceptical we have what it takes as of now to stay in that position.  Maybe I'm just being a negative nelly though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...