Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
danny.

Tottenham Hotspur (H) match thread

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

NBC now saying Spuds goal should have counted. Unbelievable. Will not give Leicester any credit

It probably should have.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

So should Ndidi's!

If you don't see any difference between those two situations, you've completely abandoned any pretense of impartiality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

If you don't see any difference between those two situations, you've completely abandoned any pretense of impartiality.

Agreed there is a big difference between the 2 goals with Perez and Son's positions. However Sterlings was offside against West Ham for the same reason as the spurs goal. 

 

Personally, the linesman missed both and both goals should have stood. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

If you don't see any difference between those two situations, you've completely abandoned any pretense of impartiality.

Of course there was a difference. But both were 'goals' given by the officials.

 

Therefore they both should have stood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Of course there was a difference. But both were 'goals' given by the officials.

 

Therefore they both should have stood.

That's a fundamental philosophical disagreement about whether it's worth getting the call right in the end, even if you see goals taken off the board.  I get the appeal of "refs' mistakes are part of the game" but I prefer the correct call be made, as imperfect as VAR is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

That's a fundamental philosophical disagreement about whether it's worth getting the call right in the end, even if you see goals taken off the board.  I get the appeal of "refs' mistakes are part of the game" but I prefer the correct call be made, as imperfect as VAR is.

So, we are discussing two VAR decisions, rather than two referee decisions?

 

It all adds up to the same result in the end!

 

So what is the point of VAR?

 

It's plainly a waste of time and is ripping the soul from football. Both VAR decisions took an age, players were celebrating, fans were celebrating, and then it rips your heart out. At least referee decisions are instant.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...