Sign in to follow this  
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

Damn potentially the biggest miss in our team. Mendy did well when he was called on but WIlf is simply irreplaceable. Hamza could also come in, though I expect in league games it will be Mendy instead given he was Wilf's direct replacement in recent games.

• Thanks 1

I know he's a good player and we'll miss him, but it's why we have a squad. Its only a couple weeks, if it was any longer I'd be worried, but if can't cope with losing one player for a couple of weeks we've got problems.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I know he's a good player and we'll miss him, but it's why we have a squad. Its only a couple weeks, if it was any longer I'd be worried, but if can't cope with losing one player for a couple of weeks we've got problems.

Don't think we see him until after the early feb break .... that’s 23 days and seven games inc tonight ......

He took a nasty stamp on the foot area in the last game probably the cause of this it looked nasty at the time but he just got on with it

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

He took a nasty stamp on the foot area in the last game probably the cause of this it looked nasty at the time but he just got on with it

Already been said it happened in training yesterday.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Crutches?

what minor injury requires crutches ?

mind games from Brendan as we look to loan someone in ??  Love a conspiracy theory ! 

Plenty? Minor strain of anything in the knee and you shouldn't weight bare. Footballers are going to be told to take extra precautions compared to a member of the general public.

Just a question for anybody that knows about this kind of thing, but is an injury lay off the same as having a rest, ie if you're out injured for two weeks, is it restorative like being rested for two weeks or does it not work like that?

Imo he's been our best player this season. A massive miss. After Vardy maybe this is the biggest player we could have out.

Hope he's back for February and fresh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

What would be your educated guess on the injury? What is a slight knock that requires surgery? 

On 5Live it was a lateral meniscus tear, op tommorow, out until Feb according to Brendan. Done in a 1 to 1 in training on Tuesday.

Heard Rodgers say Ndidi has a meniscus tear. The surgeon goes in arthroscopically and shaves a bit of cartilage--that's it. I had it done for a football injury when I was in my 30's. I was walking the next day and training again in two weeks. Doesn't really affect the functioning of the knee. Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYIzlUDz6Nc

Edited by Pete from the USA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I hope to God that he isn't rushed back. Much rather go 6 games without him and suffer some mixed results than bring him back within 2 games and potentially see him reinjure himself in the same area in the future.

• Like 1

Big blow this especially with so many bloody games coming up, but good that Choudhury seemed in good nick yesterday and hopefully he will get a few starts. Also made the decision to give Mendy a couple of games look even better in hindsight.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Likely out till late feb .....

?? Rodgers said 3 to 4 weeks in the press conference?