3 minutes ago, Mark said:

The problem is we don't just lose Ndidi. We lose the formation that gets the best out of us going forward as the back five is used to mainly protect Mendy.

We didn’t change in first half. Same but 1 change.

As proven and as I’ve said for about a year now, we were getting run over.

As you said though, it’s mainly to protect Mendy, protect him because he’s so limited that we’re carrying him.

Brendan noticed this too and tried to sh*thouse a win and keep it tight due to Mendys limitations, yet we failed.

I don’t blame BR, it was a stick or twist situation.

5 at the back doesn’t work, but 433 is more vulnerable for us without Wilf there. So it’s a bit of a lose lose situation and it’s all down to the same thing.

I think vs Fulham we have to stay 433. 5 at the back never works, it’s quite obvious.

So 433 but try Fofana in there and keep the shape we are best in. What have we got to lose? It can’t be any worse.

I never want to see Mendy in a Leicester shirt again. I am absolutely sick to death of this convosation but it’s so obvious that I’m bored of it.

6 minutes ago, sm1 said:

He does the job of 2 players. Today Rodgers had to go 3 at the back because we were getting over run. Mendy is too weak and light weight to play CDM on his own.

We got over run by West Ham, we got over run by Villa, we got over run by Everton, We got over run by Leeds, we got over run by Fulham, we got over run by Liverpool. We lose every game the same way. It’s extremely hard to watch.

Especially when in between we are not over run by Spurs, Man Utd, Southampton, Newcastle and Chelsea. There is a clear anomaly and 1 day people might actually accept it.

All three goal shipped to Leeds today simply bypassed the patch of green that Wilf patrols like he wasn't there. Because he wasn't there. Mendy is too easily shoved around and nowhere near to the enforcer level that Wilf is. If LC is to progress Ndidi should be seen as the player that the team is assembled around.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Bazly said:

All three goal shipped to Leeds today simply bypassed the patch of green that Wilf patrols like he wasn't there. Because he wasn't there. Mendy is too easily shoved around and nowhere near to the enforcer level that Wilf is. If LC is to progress Ndidi should be seen as the player that the team is assembled around.

I think it already is 

today showed that we won’t see mendy play as a cdm without a back three 

we were much better after the change 

• 2 weeks later...

About as good as a defensive mid can perform, really.  He was the only guy on our side who wasn't sitting back and letting them kick the ball around for fun for as long as they wanted.