Sign in to follow this  
weller54

Maddison

58 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Grealish is Man Utds number one target in the summer.

dont blame them to be fair, they wont pay what we would want for Maddison. I dont think they will be alone though everyone in the top 4 + others around the world would want him as well i would have thought. 

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Makes sense.

Obviously most on here think Maddison is better, but to outsiders it's probably pretty even between them.

With Maddison, he'll possibly be playing for a CL club by the summer, at a fairly wealthy club on an upward trend, no release clause, and Man Utd know that LCFC are a particularly difficult club to prise players away from.

Whereas Grealish could be looking at Championship football next season, and plays for a side which have spent a fair chunk so may well need to sell to balance their books. No idea about a release clause, but wouldn't surprise me if there was one - especially if they do get relegated. 

Similar players but one would be much more attainable for a semi-reasonable fee. Man Utd don't have the best approach on transfers (understatement...) but even they will know which one is the better target.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

dont blame them to be fair, they wont pay what we would want for Maddison. I dont think they will be alone though everyone in the top 4 + others around the world would want him as well i would have thought. 

He's stronger than Maddison and has pretty much carried Villa single handedly this season.. he's a cretin..but one Hell of a footballer!

• Like 2

I legit had a dream the other night that Grealish played in our team. So we had Vardy with Maddison  Barnes and Grealish behind him.

Do you guys reckon Grealish could fit into our system? Can he play on Perez's wing? @StriderHiryu

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, weller54 said:

He's stronger than Maddison and has pretty much carried Villa single handedly this season.. he's a cretin..but one Hell of a footballer!

Helps when you are the sole source of creativity in a team what largely sits back. Got moved out of centre midfield to play on the wing. 

Maddison isn’t a fair comparison as he plays deeper in central midfield. Mahrez in Puel era Leicester is probably a fairer comparison to make

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

.....and about 25 other players.

12 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I legit had a dream the other night that Grealish played in our team. So we had Vardy with Maddison  Barnes and Grealish behind him.

Do you guys reckon Grealish could fit into our system? Can he play on Perez's wing? @StriderHiryu

Grealish plays in Barnes position for Villa, but Barnes has on occasion been played down the right hand side.

I would welcome Grealish personally. Not the biggest fan of his personality, but he's a very good player as he's proved in all of our games against Villa this season. He's also good friends with Maddison off the pitch. Let's be honest he's carrying that Villa team at the moment, despite being a young player.

I think he will end up at Man United though as others have said. Villa will also probably want 50-60m for him, which is too much for us. Man U might pay it.

11 hours ago, LestaAl said:

New contract......

....he’ll be gone by the end of the summer for a stonking fee.

Has £100 million united bid written all over it this summer lol

21 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Would love JG here to be honest. 

To be fair if we got champions league we’d have some pull and JG wouldn’t have to move from Birmingham if he swapped for us. Impossible to compete with Man Utd from a stature and financial perspective though. Would have been fun to see how Maddison/Tielemans/Grealish would work.

Wonder if Grealish has a relegation clause in his contract.. Would make him much cheaper. Imagine if he signed for us instead of Utd! lol

Just now, Fox in the North said:

To be fair if we got champions league we’d have some pull and JG wouldn’t have to move from Birmingham if he swapped for us. Impossible to compete with Man Utd from a stature and financial perspective though. Would have been fun to see how Maddison/Tielemans/Grealish would work.

How Villa have been playing Grealish recently he would be up against Perez in the pecking order. 

47 minutes ago, Shane said:

Wonder if Grealish has a relegation clause in his contract.. Would make him much cheaper. Imagine if he signed for us instead of Utd! lol

I mean if he wants CL football next season... 

2 hours ago, Shane said:

i think its around £45m but don't quote me

but JG is not going to leave villa for that ….. he wont screw over the club he supports ….. usually, a player leaves for the release clause and his people get the extra value in him into his s/o fee or salary. cant see that happening with him.

8 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Makes total sense, Villa are likely to be relegated and that would probably make Grealish at least half Maddison's price, probably closer to a third

I have a feeling Villa might just managed to stay up. Maybe finish 17th, personally i hope not and prefer they were one of the teams being relegated. 

I honestly don't see JG jumping ship unless Villa get relegated! 

Villa fan, big fish in a small pond, hero worshipped, to be just another player at United? 

If I were at Man Utd i'd be wanting Maddison not just to make a rival wearker, but because he's better than Grealish

Utd may want him and he may be their number one priority but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll get him.

I thought he'd go to Spurs but they have got Alli, Lo Celso, Bergwin now and Lamela. Perhaps they may still go for him.

Unless you're going for money which Man Utd could easily afford in any scenario, I just don't see the prestige or attraction of going there any more. It's nowhere near the club it used to be and there are far better clubs to go to these days.

I don't think we'll sign him even if Maddison were to go.