Sign in to follow this  
weller54

Maddison

I find it a little disheartening to see that some on here are heavily focused on a desire to have Grealish here whilst Maddison is seemingly on the verge of committing to us. A few reasons I feel like that too. 

First off, who is better? I think that will be up for debate for some time. Grealish probably has an edge just lately, but this will swing as their form goes through typical cycles. 

Forgetting all the money for a moment, would we play both in a starting eleven? If not the other wouldn't be happy sitting on the bench. 

They are both excellent players. But one of them plays for us, and damn we are lucky to have him. Have you noticed how hard he is to tackle? At the very worst we're drawing a foul or retaining possession, and that's on a bad day. He's a marvelous player who will get better. 

I'm surprised this thread isn't bustling with activity - hyped about one of the best players and prospects in football committing his future to us.

Forget Grealish, great player but won't be here for a multitude of reasons, and we'll be fine without him. Maddison will do the business for us, hopefully for many years to come. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheCryptoPoet said:

I find it a little disheartening to see that some on here are heavily focused on a desire to have Grealish here whilst Maddison is seemingly on the verge of committing to us. A few reasons I feel like that too. 

First off, who is better? I think that will be up for debate for some time. Grealish probably has an edge just lately, but this will swing as their form goes through typical cycles. 

Forgetting all the money for a moment, would we play both in a starting eleven? If not the other wouldn't be happy sitting on the bench. 

They are both excellent players. But one of them plays for us, and damn we are lucky to have him. Have you noticed how hard he is to tackle? At the very worst we're drawing a foul or retaining possession, and that's on a bad day. He's a marvelous player who will get better. 

I'm surprised this thread isn't bustling with activity - hyped about one of the best players and prospects in football committing his future to us.

Forget Grealish, great player but won't be here for a multitude of reasons, and we'll be fine without him. Maddison will do the business for us, hopefully for many years to come. 

I can think of three reasons 

a) he hasn’t yet

b) maguire signed a new contract less than a year before he left us ...... and whilst he didn’t actually  ‘force his way out the door’, he was more than happy to leave .....

c) see a and b above 

• Like 1

On 04/02/2020 at 10:32, Ashley said:

Would love JG here to be honest. 

Plenty on here wouldn't amazingly enough.

Would be fantastic here if Villa went down and after a freakish set of events none of the traditional big six went for him and left us a path.

Could play either LW or No8 and give us massive depth with Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans and Grealish filling three spots in any one game. 

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Plenty on here wouldn't amazingly enough.

Would be fantastic here if Villa went down and after a freakish set of events none of the traditional big six went for him and left us a path.

Could play either LW or No8 and give us massive depth with Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans and Grealish filling three spots in any one game. 

the only way that happens is if villa over price him and as i believe he has a relegation release clause (or even straight release clause), that wont happen. 

The movement of highly rated premiership players from one club to another is now nearly impossible unless contracts are run down. When Grealish is down to his last year if he doesn't re-sign then Villa will have to sell him.

Edited by An Sionnach

23 minutes ago, Suffolk exile said:

I don't doubt Grealish's ability. But his temperament and attitude is a big turn off for me. Seriously big time Charlie!

Big fish in a small pond. Local boy and a fan to boot though, but if Villa do go down, you would think he will leave this time.

56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the only way that happens is if villa over price him and as i believe he has a relegation release clause (or even straight release clause), that wont happen. 

Hence why I stated "if Villa went down and after a freakish set of events none of the traditional big six went for him and left us a path".

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

with grealish to yanited now becoming the top click bait trend, how long before many of our ‘shoulder chipped fanbase’ start complaining that madders is better and it should be him who is being linked !!

im pretty sure that many of them simply wouldn’t be able to see the irony ....

You put it much more succinctly than I could. 

• Like 1

“Sign him up” in reality they will all be discussing there “top 4 moves” lol

Edited by les-tah
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Madders is the dogs. He and Grealish are different players, Maddison knows how to put socks on. 

and the occasional corner!!

11 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Could Chilly try to be more like Grealish? Wonder what will be round his ankles first, his shorts or his socks.....

9 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Just mates enjoying themselves during their time off; no need to circulate on departure rumours from photos like these..

I ain’t the sun newspaper don’t worry lol

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What a load of bollocks.

Genuinely need to only look at the still of the video i.e. Danny Murphy as part of it to know I don't need to watch the video and get annoyed about it lol 

31 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Oooh....football friend

Just now, StanSP said:

Genuinely need to only look at the still of the video i.e. Danny Murphy as part of it to know I don't need to watch the video and get annoyed about it lol 

Murphy is a clean shaven Gollum.... blokes a complete scrotum. His opinions are like tuna on a pizza, weird and unwanted.

• Haha 1

Am I missing something? I don’t get the “three number 10’s” comment?