Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Corky

Luton 0-4 Leicester Post Match Thread

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Really think iheanacho should go on loan to a decent championship side. Could score 18-24 goals there and come back with fresh legs and bags of confidence, which I think is all he needs.

Leeds would be perfect I reckon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spicer said:

A great and surprisingly comfortable win. :scarf:

 

I did find it weird that at 3-0 up with 10-15 minutes to go Rodgers left Ndidi on and didn't bring on Amartey who's getting back from a serious injury. Seems like the perfect time to rest a key player and give game time and fitness to somebody needing it.

He brought hamza on for wilf ?.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I think it was Andy Townsend who said after Kane's goal 'That's the difference between a top side like Spurs and a side like, with no disrespect, a side just like Leicester City'.

 

Won't be word for word.

No, you're kidding me - he said that! Well I hope he felt like the tw@ he obviously is when the final whistle blew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hammo said:

No, you're kidding me - he said that! Well I hope he felt like the tw@ he obviously is when the final whistle blew.

I watched it and confirm that the tw@ did most definitely spout the said bollox

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chairman of the Bored said:

Serves the Spuds right for playing someone called Troy Parrott. 

Troy was only saying on Saturday.. Pieces of 8!..Pieces of 8!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

To some it may seem like this forum is bias against radio Leicester, but I can't convey to you how poor the commentary was for the game today. 

 

The first half may have had little productive football, but we heard very little of it. Stringer spent the majority of the time chatting about bus lanes or promoting other programmes. 

 

Second half improved a little, but the opening of the half was greeted with him talking about tea. 

 

Sounds like such a whining complaint, but he's in such a privileged position to be paid to watch Leicester play, and quite frankly his commentary was useless. The co commentator was giving decent analysis and adding intelligent comments, to which Stringer was either teasing him about not drinking tea or calling Owynn by his middle name. 

 

Pathetic in all honesty. 

I think he tries to base his act on Brian Johnson

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

To some it may seem like this forum is bias against radio Leicester, but I can't convey to you how poor the commentary was for the game today. 

 

The first half may have had little productive football, but we heard very little of it. Stringer spent the majority of the time chatting about bus lanes or promoting other programmes. 

 

Second half improved a little, but the opening of the half was greeted with him talking about tea. 

 

Sounds like such a whining complaint, but he's in such a privileged position to be paid to watch Leicester play, and quite frankly his commentary was useless. The co commentator was giving decent analysis and adding intelligent comments, to which Stringer was either teasing him about not drinking tea or calling Owynn by his middle name. 

 

Pathetic in all honesty. 

I used to find it so frustrating. When I listen to a football commentary I want to picture what's going on. I want to be aware of the flow of the game. Stringer used to make it more about himself than what was going on on the pitch. Doesn't sound like he's improved. Premier league football means that I can usually manage to watch these days. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

To some it may seem like this forum is bias against radio Leicester, but I can't convey to you how poor the commentary was for the game today. 

 

The first half may have had little productive football, but we heard very little of it. Stringer spent the majority of the time chatting about bus lanes or promoting other programmes. 

 

Second half improved a little, but the opening of the half was greeted with him talking about tea. 

 

Sounds like such a whining complaint, but he's in such a privileged position to be paid to watch Leicester play, and quite frankly his commentary was useless. The co commentator was giving decent analysis and adding intelligent comments, to which Stringer was either teasing him about not drinking tea or calling Owynn by his middle name. 

 

Pathetic in all honesty. 


To be fair I normally don’t have a problem with Stringer, but his commentary for this game was like a preseason friendly. I honestly couldn’t tell you how we played today?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

To some it may seem like this forum is bias against radio Leicester, but I can't convey to you how poor the commentary was for the game today. 

 

The first half may have had little productive football, but we heard very little of it. Stringer spent the majority of the time chatting about bus lanes or promoting other programmes. 

 

Second half improved a little, but the opening of the half was greeted with him talking about tea. 

 

Sounds like such a whining complaint, but he's in such a privileged position to be paid to watch Leicester play, and quite frankly his commentary was useless. The co commentator was giving decent analysis and adding intelligent comments, to which Stringer was either teasing him about not drinking tea or calling Owynn by his middle name. 

 

Pathetic in all honesty. 

...yeah!!!

Stringer is quite juvenile and I am not too sure his co commentators are comfortable with what he sees as banter. You can feel the unease at times when he makes a comment not related to the game and Guppy or Piper appears to have ignored him.

  I feel he has been doing this too long and is overly confident of his position and probably requires a new challenge and I large swig of professionalism.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think he tries to base his act on Brian Johnson

 

11 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I used to find it so frustrating. When I listen to a football commentary I want to picture what's going on. I want to be aware of the flow of the game. Stringer used to make it more about himself than what was going on on the pitch. Doesn't sound like he's improved. Premier league football means that I can usually manage to watch these days. 

When you listen to the likes of five live you can sit there either driving or just in the house, and have a clear image of what's going on in the game, what a happening in the ground and whose on top etc.  I swear that's how this used to be, but since I've come back to listening to them, its now all about Ian being centre stage rather than what we all care about, the football.

Frankly its no wonder they're losing listeners.

 

11 minutes ago, Phube said:


To be fair I normally don’t have a problem with Stringer, but his commentary for this game was like a preseason friendly. I honestly couldn’t tell you how we played today?

I used to listen to basically every game when I was younger, before we were on the tv or streams became a big thing. He used to describe games well and I'd be able to picture what was happening.

 

Today and the Newcastle game, which are both the most recent ive listened to, I could barely tell what was going on. Goals just appeared and I genuinely had no idea how they came about or what led up to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoyable away day for a midweek cup game- glad I got to tick Kenilworth Road off before they move and I've been in much worse away ends recently.

 

Played some brilliant stuff at times, Praet being the standout. 

 

It seems like the penny may have dropped for Iheanacho- his talent might just pass him by if he doesn't work his bollocks off, which is exactly what he did tonight and thoroughly deserved his goal for such a short spell on the pitch.

Edited by Ted Maul
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...yeah!!!

Stringer is quite juvenile and I am not too sure his co commentators are comfortable with what he sees as banter. You can feel the unease at times when he makes a comment not related to the game and Guppy or Piper appears to have ignored him.

  I feel he has been doing this too long and is overly confident of his position and probably requires a new challenge and I large swig of professionalism.

I swear his jokes used to be at least tolerable or related to the game; but this game in particular it was anything but related to the football. We had buses in tram lanes and Guppy not liking tea to name two of them. 

 

I could really feel the "er mate we're commentating on a professional game" from Guppy on so many occasions.

 

I agree, he's almost too confident now. It's fine having confidence in your ability, but he's got to the point where its all about him.

 

He needs a slap in the face and to be brought down to earth. People are there to listen to the football, they want to know about the football and Ian needs to remember that's what he's paid to do. Not be some big show host. Its why so many watch streams or just don't listen to them anymore. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...