Jump to content
LinekersLugs

King Brendan ...... ohhh how lucky we are

Recommended Posts

Rodgers could easily of put this to bed,he has not.This guy has form with Celtic.Yes,I’m delighted with the way we have been playing etc but would I be surprised if he was not manager by wed night..No.

On the other hand if he leaves,how could any potential club trust this guy .Even in the cut throat business of football,he’s name and integrity would be very questionable.Im hoping he’s looking at the bigger picture and seeing the potential and time ,he will undoubtedly get from the owners of Leicester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see him leaving tbh, not do I think it’s cut and dried he’ll be offered it.

 

What would concern me though is he’s been probed on it in a few interviews now and for someone who communicates very well with the media he’s elected to skim round the subject and not rule it out. All he has to say is Arsenal are a great club but I’ve got a job on my hands at Leicester I’m relishing so I won’t be leaving here anytime soon. He hasn’t though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, martyn said:

I'm less concerned about Arsenal than if Man Utd were to sack Solskjaer.

 

 

Any ex-Liverpool manager who went on to manage the irredeemable enemy would surely have a death wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

I don’t see him leaving tbh, not do I think it’s cut and dried he’ll be offered it.

 

What would concern me though is he’s been probed on it in a few interviews now and for someone who communicates very well with the media he’s elected to skim round the subject and not rule it out. All he has to say is Arsenal are a great club but I’ve got a job on my hands at Leicester I’m relishing so I won’t be leaving here anytime soon. He hasn’t though.

Well he's just said I came here 8/9 months ago and we still have a lot of work to do. Pretty much the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

I think he’ll be gone before Wednesday’s match against Watford. If he’s here for that then he won’t be going anywhere until the end of the season. Anyone remember the last Irish manager who left us around this time of the season...

Ah yeah, and he went Celtic, didn’t he? :brendan_still:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, henrik_62 said:

I don’t see him leaving tbh, not do I think it’s cut and dried he’ll be offered it.

 

What would concern me though is he’s been probed on it in a few interviews now and for someone who communicates very well with the media he’s elected to skim round the subject and not rule it out. All he has to say is Arsenal are a great club but I’ve got a job on my hands at Leicester I’m relishing so I won’t be leaving here anytime soon. He hasn’t though.

Maybe he has to be vague as it isn't his choice whether he goes either. 

 

He could be informed that club X has paid off his contract as he's leaving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Facecloth said:

Well he's just said I came here 8/9 months ago and we still have a lot of work to do. Pretty much the same thing.

That’s not the same thing though is it, as countless on this thread have also pointed out. For what it’s worth he said similar less than two weeks before he left Celtic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

Ah yeah, and he went Celtic, didn’t he? :brendan_still:

O’Neill came to us in the summer, not this point in the season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took that interview completely differently to you lot. I'm pretty sure that's his way if saying he's going nowhere. 

 

He's happy here, only just came and like him the clubs ambitious. He wants to cement us a a champions league team 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Maybe he has to be vague as it isn't his choice whether he goes either. 

 

He could be informed that club X has paid off his contract as he's leaving. 

It’s still his choice, paying the compensation only allows any club to speak to him. You aren’t suggesting the club would push him into leaving, come on now that’s ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

That’s not the same thing though is it, as countless on this thread have also pointed out. For what it’s worth he said similar less than two weeks before he left Celtic.

How is not the same thing?

 

Plus he'd been at Celtic a while and thr Leicester job wasn't available when he said that. There's a job available now and he's still saying it. Plus he's been here a short time, achieved nothing and he came for a reason, can't see him jumping shit so quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AK76 said:

What a game..a great vlog from LCFC Fox Nabil, captures all the action and reaction!! Come on Leicester!

 

 

Cheers Nabil’s dad

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

How is not the same thing?

 

Plus he'd been at Celtic a while and thr Leicester job wasn't available when he said that. There's a job available now and he's still saying it. Plus he's been here a short time, achieved nothing and he came for a reason, can't see him jumping shit so quick.

I’m not arguing the detail or logistics of why he would or wouldnt leave, I’m simply interpreting what he’s said and from what I can see he’s been given the chance to rule it out bluntly and hasn’t as yet.

 

Like I said I don’t think he’ll go but he could stop all the speculation by publicly ruling himself out, he hasn’t hence it’s a bit of a media frenzy at the moment with it.

Edited by henrik_62

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

It’s still his choice, paying the compensation only allows any club to speak to him. You aren’t suggesting the club would push him into leaving, come on now that’s ridiculous.

I was being hypothetical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Brendan just loves attention and if he stomped on the rumour, less air time. Just a thought. :ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

I think he’ll be gone before Wednesday’s match against Watford. If he’s here for that then he won’t be going anywhere until the end of the season. Anyone remember the last Irish manager who left us around this time of the season...

 

19 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yes we went into massive horrible decline for over a decade. Thanks for reminding us...

 

11 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Ah yeah, and he went Celtic, didn’t he? :brendan_still:

 

9 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

O’Neill came to us in the summer, not this point in the season.

 

Bryan Hamilton left at around this time of the year. Was sacked though and rightfully so.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a lot of unnecessary worrying in this thread. 
 

There is no way on earth he leaves Leicester for Arsenal midway through his first full season in charge whilst sitting 13 points above them in the table. 
 

No manager can come out and firmly say “no, not interested, not happening” because comments can always be used against you in the future and affect boardroom decisions. The stock answers he’s delivering are common practice for all managers and are of absolutely no concern to me. 
 

I’m sure he will move on to a bigger job at some point but not yet. It’s way too soon. He still has a lot of work to do here. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think an important thing to remember is that if his release clause is £14 million as it’s been reported, that’s a LOT of money to pay for a manager, before you’ve discussed wages and before you’ve discussed a transfer budget for January. 
 

There’s a couple of very high profile managers who are out of work who they’d be able to land without having to pay another club out. Does it make business sense to pay £14 million pounds for a manager who, in respect to somebody like Alegri, has won very little? 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

There’s a lot of unnecessary worrying in this thread. 
 

There is no way on earth he leaves Leicester for Arsenal midway through his first full season in charge whilst sitting 13 points above them in the table. 
 

No manager can come out and firmly say “no, not interested, not happening” because comments can always be used against you in the future and affect boardroom decisions. The stock answers he’s delivering are common practice for all managers and are of absolutely no concern to me. 
 

I’m sure he will move on to a bigger job at some point but not yet. It’s way too soon. He still has a lot of work to do here. 

Well at Celtic when he was linked with the West Ham job he did, he came out and said he’s in his dream job and there’d be no club in the world who could tempt him at that point in time. When the Leicester job came up his narrative was a lot more vague, similar to it is here, hence my slight concern.

 

Like I said I’d be really surprised if he jumped ship just now though, would be a huge gamble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he doesn't want to burn any bridges in the future by dismissing Arsenal, keeping future options open if and when they arise, so being coy about the speculation is the way he's going in interviews. He said he enjoys being here and its a long term project. You would think getting Leicester as a consistent top 6 team in a competitive league, plus with Europe as well, would look great on his CV rather than jumping ship if one of the so called 'big teams' comes calling. The grass isn't always greener elsewhere.

 

Its just the rags, Sky and lemons like Savage and Sutton stirring the pot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...