Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Although Leicester did not get anything out of the game, Praet looked impressive. The Belgian maintained a stunning 100% passing accuracy, completed 100% of his attempted dribbles, won three ground duels and made three interceptions. (SofaScore)

 

 

Rodgers turned to summer signing Dennis Praet and the Belgian repaid the faith with a fine performance. The Foxes boss hailed his display against the Champions despite not naturally being a defensive midfielder. 


He said: "I thought he was outstanding in the game. Every time he’s played, he’s been good or he’s been excellent. He always gives something to the team. He’s not naturally a defensive midfielder, but he has the discipline. He tracked runners and filled the space. On the ball, he was very good too."

So fuching use him, you Praet! lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

If anybody is steadying our ship right now its Praet. The passing is more composed especially in and around him. I think Rodgers is using him more and more as a box to box player with a little more licence to roam, as he played when at sampdoria. If Maddison can be pushed further up I think we'd start getting better results.

Madderz is definitely one of the problems we have - just when we need him between the lines behind the striker, he goes walkabout...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Love Praeters. He isn't afraid to get stuck in with tackles and get in the box like our other midfielders. He also rarely gives the ball away, that's the main way I was able to identify him when it could have been Albrighton or Maddison. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s so much better defensively than I thought when we signed him. Has the most tackles and interceptions p90 after Wilf and Ricardo

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see both sides of Praet debate, I like home and there is definitely a place for him. However he needs those Infront of him to perform better. So many times last night he was looking for pass but noone was showing for him. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/02/2020 at 00:07, Mark said:

Whilst he’s one of those ‘does a job’ types, we’ve lost the last 5 league games he’s started now, like Perez he’s not what we needed.

I see where you’re coming from.

 

I still think we need to find a way to get Tielemans in the team. Looking at our winning stats alone we seem to win more when YT is playing. 
 

Its good that Praet is playing well but as a team we are playing shite, maybe just a coincidence but there’s also a reason YT is first choice CM in the Belgium side 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Guppy Assist said:

Praet was our best player last night, kept the ball moving, played in a variety of roles in the midfield and looked impressive.  He's in for a while now.

He's performing the Joe Allen role at Swansea that Rodgers is a big fan of. A number 6/8 hybrid that keeps recycling the ball and keeps the ball moving. Generally keeping it simple but moving fast and rarely giving it away. It's a role that doesn't always look the most exciting but is important to the team.

 

The only issue is that as a team whilst this role gives you a good base to build on, it's up to other members of the team to use that base to make things happen. And as we all know all of our forwards in atrocious form so we are struggling badly. Perhaps last night with Gray and Albrighton on the pitch it's not the best example as those players have become squad options for a reason, but Maddison, Tielemans, Perez and even Barnes have been lacklustre in recent weeks, leading to our downturn in form.

 

But none of that is Dennis Praet's fault, who is starting to blossom into his role at the club. Nice to see him on the winning team for once as well, as he's got the unfortunate knack of playing well for us, but seeing us lose the game when he starts. 

 

I imagine he will start the game against Villa, maybe ahead of Tielemans again. He deserves to!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

I can see both sides of Praet debate, I like home and there is definitely a place for him. However he needs those Infront of him to perform better. So many times last night he was looking for pass but noone was showing for him. 

I love it because he actually goes looking for the ball with purpose and you can see that he's looking for a perfect pass but that no one is making the runs in behind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's performing the Joe Allen role at Swansea that Rodgers is a big fan of. A number 6/8 hybrid that keeps recycling the ball and keeps the ball moving. Generally keeping it simple but moving fast and rarely giving it away. It's a role that doesn't always look the most exciting but is important to the team.

 

The only issue is that as a team whilst this role gives you a good base to build on, it's up to other members of the team to use that base to make things happen. And as we all know all of our forwards in atrocious form so we are struggling badly. Perhaps last night with Gray and Albrighton on the pitch it's not the best example as those players have become squad options for a reason, but Maddison, Tielemans, Perez and even Barnes have been lacklustre in recent weeks, leading to our downturn in form.

 

But none of that is Dennis Praet's fault, who is starting to blossom into his role at the club. Nice to see him on the winning team for once as well, as he's got the unfortunate knack of playing well for us, but seeing us lose the game when he starts. 

 

I imagine he will start the game against Villa, maybe ahead of Tielemans again. He deserves to!

This.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

If anybody is steadying our ship right now its Praet. The passing is more composed especially in and around him. I think Rodgers is using him more and more as a box to box player with a little more licence to roam, as he played when at sampdoria. If Maddison can be pushed further up I think we'd start getting better results.

Then how about...front 6

 

              Ndidi

Tielemans.  Praet

             Maddison

      Vardy.       Nacho/Barnes

         

 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel a little sorry for him as all he's got is bit parts. However I think the best is still to come from him. He is good on the Ball has an eye for Goal and is happy to get about the pitch. I don't think he's being used correctly by BR.

I'd prefer to see him playing the advance role with Maddison backed up by Tielemans playing the holding role with NDiddi.

Maddison is trying to be everywhere which is robing him of vital energy when opportunities present themselves.

With Maddison on the left and Praet on the right I feel we would have a better balance and so produce more Goals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Start Tielemans and sit Madders.

In fact, it needs to be Tielemans and Praet, Ndidi behind them, Barnes and Albrighton on the wings, and Vardy (or Nachos) in front. Maddison is a handicap for Tielemans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Then how about...front 6

 

              Ndidi

Tielemans.  Praet

             Maddison

      Vardy.       Nacho/Barnes

         

 

I'd go with this

 

NDiddi    Tielemans

 

Praet      Maddison

 

Vardy      Barnes

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Then how about...front 6

 

              Ndidi

Tielemans.  Praet

             Maddison

      Vardy.       Nacho/Barnes

         

 

You beat me to me thinking! We are lacking height so for me having 2 wingers makes no sense right now. 

 

             Praet         Ndidi      

   Tielemans                  Maddison 

            Vardy          Nacho

 

Tielemans speed and stamina worries me so I'd have him centrally where his attributes are best, plus he'd have cover from ricky and Praet. I haven't put barnes in there because I think our team needs to stick to what is does best and that's playing through teams not around them with out more skilful players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...