Sign in to follow this  
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

Praet cost less than half of what Tielemans did, i think?

staggering.

• Like 2

I just love Dennis Praet! 🥰😂 He is growing and improving every game. He was brilliant yesterday and deserves to start every game at the moment. Teamed up great with Ndidi!  What a great signing he was. 👏👏👏

Edited by Hales
  • Like 4

Looked good anytime I've seen him this season, proving to be a very astute signing.  I know they are different types of players but Tielemans will have a job on his hands to get back into the side given how well Praet and Ndidi look to dovetail.  I know there was a lot of hype about him during his loan spell last season but every time I've watched him this season I really don't see it with him at all.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Thanks 1

What an astute signing he has turned out to be. He put on an impressive performance yesterday and was all over the pitch. Reminded me much of Drinkwater in his heyday before he thought he was too good for us.

Edited by oldbluefox

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

Praet cost less than half of what Tielemans did, i think?

staggering.

Or one quarter of Harry..........that is even more staggering as I suspect most would prefer Praet over Slab-head in terms of value for money?

You know sometimes I forget how far this club has come in recent years. A player like Praet reminds me. He is vastly talented who would walk into Leicester teams I grew up supporting. Great touch, good reading of the game and a superb passer. Having a guy like him step in when an equally talented Tielemans is struggling somewhat with form is great to have. While our squad is lacking in some areas, we do have talent in reserve which is down to good recruitment.

• Haha 1

He's a hell of a player, it's mental that we have players of his quality filling up our squad, he wouldn't look out of place in most teams in Europe I reckon - not as a standout, but as a gritty midfielder who does the basics well, spins out of trouble nicely and keeps our tempo high.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wow, just wow! Maybe it’s because I play central midfield myself, but I was thoroughly impressed by Dennis tonight. He was the complete player; pressing the game, passing beautifully, creating chances and getting stuck in with some terrific challenges. Youri Tielemans is one of my favourite players and an absolute Rolls Royce on his day, but Praet is for me our best player at the moment and complimented Ndidi superbly. 

The scary thing is he can even better! I’ve said a few times before that I think he should play with more arrogance and demand the ball a lot more. This guy has the all round game to run the match to his tune. I look at players like KDB and Bruno Fernandes and that’s what they have to elevate them to a higher level. 

For me he’s now playing somewhere near his best and has proven to be a superb signing. 

all of the above and more for me.

praet and to an extent tielemans are the sort of players who play the pass before the assist. like a miralem pjanic, amadou diawara, toni kroos, xavi they help 'move the chains of the team', this helps particularly when teams arent playing 1 long ball counter attacks (like our title season) where we want to move MOST of the team from a defensive phase of play to an attacking phase. additionally this means that when we do get to attack we have more than 1 or 2 passing options (see mainly vardy and mahrez in our title year) and can sustain the attack longer and keep teams penned in, much like we did against villa last night 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everything is so effortless for him, always looking to get on the ball, has a magic touch and his range of passing is a joy to watch, delighted hes getting a run in the team, can genuinely see him being a vital player for us for seasons to come

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Quality player but as with Youri why can't he last  90 minutes?

Whichever one of them is on the bench is probably our best sub available to bring on in most situations. Don't think they can't last if needed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Because the manager won't let him?

8 hours ago, notnow john said:

He's started around a dozen games this season and not finished one!

Covers a lot of ground, so just fresh legs? :dunno:

11 hours ago, notnow john said:

I don't mind a substitution of a central midfielder around the 70th minute mark. Gives us a fresh set of legs where it most matters. 

Do agree Youri needs to get on the treadmill though. 

On 10/03/2020 at 16:05, mozartfox said:

Or one quarter of Harry..........that is even more staggering as I suspect most would prefer Praet over Slab-head in terms of value for money?

Yes, but we only paid about 17m for slabhead so in that respect he was even better value because we got 80m for him. Buy low, sell high.

He did a bit of an interview on IGTV today, he says he did intend to make that pass to James in that Cup game, so that should settle that old chestnut.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kuredufox said:

Dennis was at Knighton Park yesterday with his peronal trainer. He looked in really good shape and it will not take him long to get up to full speed. We certainly have a great player on our hands and next year he will really push on.

I hope they live together ............