2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

For me, I think he’s been anonymous since he arrived. I get that we all, myself included, desperately search for signs of brilliance. But the truth in my head is that he’s been virtually without influence in a game since joining. Not talking about can he run or pass. But influence. Like doing something that actually impacts the game. So very, very little by way of return. 

He was brilliant at home to Newcastle and away at Villa in the league, there's been other very good performances or cameos but none since the restart. Sadly it feels his best form has been in early 2020 when as a whole the team nose dived and therefore his impact has been forgotten somewhat.

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He was brilliant at home to Newcastle and away at Villa in the league, there's been other very good performances or cameos but none since the restart. Sadly it feels his best form has been in early 2020 when as a whole the team nose dived and therefore his impact has been forgotten somewhat.

Ten out of ten for your powers of recall, Ric. Confess they’d slipped my mind. Sure I’m as guilty as everyone else of finding info that supports my beliefs. 

Rodgers tore a strip off him in the first half water break at Everton away. He lost his man who wen on to put the cross in for their first goal or something like that iirc. I'd never seen Rodgers so animated - you could just catch the tail end of it on the TV coverage. He's barely featured since then. As much as he's been poor since the return, the idiotic sub at Bournemouth hasn't helped him either. Think he's one of a few in the squad who need the end of the season to gather himself, get a solid pre-season under his belt and go again.

Overall though, Praet is very good player technically and he's adapted from Serie A to EPL much better than I thought. He'll have a bigger role to play next year with more games.

• 1 month later...

The big difference was today he played as a replacement for Maddison rather than a replacement for Tielemans. That meant he was the one breaking the lines and arriving into the box late to try and score a goal. I think the position suited him better as he's an intelligent player and his movement got him into key positions time and time again.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Onwards and upwards with Super DenP!

Do you spend your time looking for negative posts about players ready quote, when they create or score a goal? 

Edited by coolhandfox

Just hope he gets the chance to be consistent and deliver like he did today. 

I like how he regularly likes to find space and quickly give the ball off to other midfielders. So simply but he does it well. He probably knows he's not the most skilful or creative but what he does, he does well and it benefits us. Doesn't try to do things he's not capable of. It worked perfectly today. Enjoyed the whole team performance and he was reason for it :thumbup:

• Like 1
Just now, StanSP said:

Just hope he gets the chance to be consistent and deliver like he did today. 

I like how he regularly likes to find space and quickly give the ball off to other midfielders. So simply but he does it well. He probably knows he's not the most skilful or creative but what he does, he does well and it benefits us. Doesn't try to do things he's not capable of. It worked perfectly today. Enjoyed the whole team performance and he was reason for it :thumbup:

Very rarely holds onto the ball too long as well. Always trying to keep things moving and is often the first one backing up the forwards when pressing off the ball. Not a superstar like you say but a great team player and a nice option to have.

49 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep good display. He’s not as good as Maddison but he and Mendy proved that they are good squad players. Praet probably gets 20-30 starts this season and will be important to us. Lovely run and cross for the first goal. 

Praet  plays for the international  team ranked top in world rankings and Maddison cant get  in a fairly mediocre England team

• Like 1
1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Think he gets bad rep as a bit of a plodder but I think it's pivotal to have these sort of players that keep us ticking over. He also took the game by the scruff of the neck for the 1st goal

Where has he had a bad rep? He’s a great player anyone can see that