I thought he was very good today, definitely effected the game in a positive way.

Nice to see a little bit of competitive steel from him. But he's also a good passer of the Ball.

I think all he needs is more games to fully get up to speed, then we'll see the real Denis the menace.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

tbh i thought he was one of our better players first half. would have been in for a 1 on 1 if his touch had been a tad better, but honestly i can forgive players the odd bad touch if they're making good runs. also barnes' volley in the first half came from praet making a run in behind, and there were a couple other similar occasions too

Not saying he did bad one of the better players first half. But it was poor first 20 and we grew into it. As I said the new lad looked the player first half. I could not fault his second half.

I thought when Praet joined he was a breath of fresh air and up until lockdown he was probably unlucky not to have started more games. Post lockdown he was poor though and went missing in many games.

Thought he was back to his best yesterday, brilliant movement and setup for the first and you could see his confidence return after. He doesnt start for me, but I think the criticism of some is over the top.

• Like 3

I don't see how you bench him honestly.  The commentary in the first half was hilarious, as Praet was probably our best player going forward.  He was certainly better than Tielemans over his 70 minutes and clearly deserves to start against Burnley (though I firmly expect he won't).

He seemed to be our most advanced midfielder, and whilst he isn't flashy like Maddison, he is intelligent with his movement.

He did say something about how he liked to be further forward than he was often playing in Italy, when he got here. I'm a big fan, and I think he and Mendy are key to us delivering in all 4 competitions.

Yesterday and I think it was against villa last season, are the only two games where I’ve really thought I can see him offering something worth keeping. A few more of these type of performances and I’ll gladly admit I was wrong on him.

• Like 3

Absolute thunderbolt. 

Quality from him again. Think he's genuinely got more confident and composed since having Castagne near him. They have good connection. 

Keep it up, Dennis! 

• Like 1

Better already in the last two games than all of last season. I thought be might need 12 months to settle, and I think we are seeing evidence of that. His all round game is very good and he makes those around him play better. It's no coincidence that all 3 of the Belgian players improve when playing with one another!

• Like 1