Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Depend if you believe the stats but https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dennis-praet/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/129588/plus/0?saison=2019&verein=1003&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id= has him down for playing wide on one occassion in LCFC career away at Man City which was on of his best game in a city shirt.

 

People talk like BR asks Maddison and Praet to play as line hunging wide men, he actaully uses them in the same way as he used Countino, as a false winger. 

 

On paper they look like the are playing wide, however, during the game operate more centre and overload the middle leave the wide areas for our full back to attack. 

 

Even Barnes doesn't play as a traditional wideman, his goal against Man U and Palace are all central.

...he is not going to score from way out there is he!!!

 Barnes and the Wide Right cuts in and are narrow most of the time allowing the Fullbacks to overlap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

His movement off the ball is awesome. Shame it looked a bad one- we might not see him for 2 or 3 months.

Gutted for him. Do you reckon it could force us into the transfer window? 

Edited by foxfanazer
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Gutted for him? Do you reckon it could force us into the transfer window? 

Not in that position. If madders isn't fit I imagine perez would play as a 10 for us.

 

If anything we'd probably recall KDH off loan but I'm not sure if we have the ability too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Gutted for him? Do you reckon it could force us into the transfer window? 

Force us out of the window if anything. Choudhury loan loan will be off and maybe a KDH recall if it’s serious. 

4-6 weeks I’d have thought for Praet. We can manage til then just about with what we have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He’s subtly classy, Praet. Quietly goes about his business, so sometimes easy to miss, but adds real quality as he does.

Opinion on the subject is divided :) I'm with you, by the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

He’s subtly classy, Praet. Quietly goes about his business, so sometimes easy to miss, but adds real quality as he does.

He's a good technician. But given the (attacking) role he's often given, I don't think his involvement results in enough assists or goals. Saying that he did well for the third today. Had he bagged the extra instead of twanging his hammy it would of been a good day. More of that and my view would change significantly. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He's a good technician. But given the (attacking) role he's often given, I don't think his involvement results in enough assists or goals. Saying that he did well for the third today. Had he bagged the extra instead of twanging his hammy it would of been a good day. More of that and my view would change significantly. 

He assists the assist. Stats aren't everything. Often his movement, little dinks inside, his reading of the game create space for others. Albrighton, Barnes, Justin and Castange all had extra space and time to work in today because of Praet and his very clever play. His involvement won't show goals and assists because an assist for the assist is never noted

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Not in that position. If madders isn't fit I imagine perez would play as a 10 for us.

 

If anything we'd probably recall KDH off loan but I'm not sure if we have the ability too. 

I’m more concerned about youris cover. If he needs a break or is forced to miss out if our only option is Hamza we will be chuffed 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2020 at 17:46, Clever Fox said:

Honestly, Ive been disappointed in him recently, He hasn't kicked on as I'd hoped.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in the Summer.

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...