Sign in to follow this  
Dirkster the Fox

OMG Dennis Praet

Just now, Winchesterfox said:

Praet was outstanding today.  So composed on the ball, and he played the right pass with the right weight almost every time.  He has to start the next match.  

Composed is the word, in absolutely everything he did. 

• Like 2

Got chopped, picked himself up and then played even better in the second half 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Very very impressed with him today, still not sure Youri is up to speed... he should be looking over his shoulder as Praet looks the business.

Tielemans was good today but Praet was the best player on the pitch, most certainly first half. We not have 3 genuine top class central midfielders as well as 2 very good DCM's. Ndidi so far this season is almost flawless, unlucky not to be sat on 3-4 goals this season already too. 

• Like 3

Fantastic signing.  The fact that Maddison was out, really just shows how far we have gone.  

• Like 2

Said post Luton how good he was and I have been impressed with his short appearances this season. I thought he was superb at Chelsea.

But yeah, very good today. For me, when Maddison is back Praet should still retain his place in central midfield.

He covers the ground so well, but sort of drifts into position.  Like I've said its the slight dip in shoulder with his movement which shows quality.

First touch superb and awareness likewise.

Genuinely thrilled we've got another top midfielder into the squad.

• Like 1

Absolutely brilliant today. If that's him still getting up to speed then we've got a lot to be excited about in the future.

• Like 1

Tielemans has more X factor and will play the killer pass. Be brilliant to get Maddison, Tielemans and Praet into the same team, I can see Maddison playing from the left again at Liverpool. Praet is perfect to play alongside Ndidi or Choudhury. If we can get the diamond to work it would be perfect. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Reminds me of dean Hammond for some bizarre reason. An excellent dean hammond but I feel a bit uncomfortable thinking this

Oh god, poor guy lol

• Like 1

So calm on the ball today, always looking for the ball too, very classy player.

After today he deserves to start at Anfield.

• Like 2

This fella can control the ball with his chest expertly. Classy player who keeps the tempo high. I'd play him instead of Tielemans at present.

Praise the Lord that tackle didn't snap his leg.

Edited by Frost

Said last week the Belgians I met on hols rated him .Quiet and no fuss but did nothing wrong and everything right getting possession and the reverse pass to the left pre vardys goal was excellent.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Very very impressed with him today, still not sure Youri is up to speed... he should be looking over his shoulder as Praet looks the business.

Thought Tielemans had a good game today. 

Impressed with Praet though still.

• Like 2

To be honest I thought he was just “OK” today! Probably a 7.5/10 performance.

But I see why their is hype for him. He’s got a lot of great qualities about him and to fit in already from a very different league is exciting. He didn’t bed in as fast as say Tielemans but I’d say he’s on about par with Maddison which should be taken as a compliment!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Thought Tielemans had a good game today. 

Impressed with Praet though still.

Thought he looked slow and off the pace still, but I am comparing against the exceptional standards he set last season.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Reminds me of dean Hammond for some bizarre reason. An excellent dean hammond but I feel a bit uncomfortable thinking this

Probably because Hammond was the most tactical player in Pearson's reign. 

Solid at just being solid but wasn't exceptional in anyway, whereas Praet has skills to go with that tactically solidness. But tbf, Italian football will do that to you. 

44 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Surprised you think that.

For me he was sensational today, completely dictated the pace of the game.

Our midfield is just stunning these days. 3 of Ndidi, Choudhury, Praet, Tielemans and Maddison. Yes please.

• Like 4