Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

6 hours ago, Lizhang said:

Who is this Ahem guy?

"Ahem" is the noise one makes when clearing their throat politely, often in order to signal one's prescence to others or in order to imply something meaningful. It's kind of hard to describe without demonstrating. It's onomatopoeic which means its not an actual word, it's like saying "prrrrraaarp" to describe a fart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

"Ahem" is the noise one makes when clearing their throat politely, often in order to signal one's prescence to others or in order to imply something meaningful. It's kind of hard to describe without demonstrating. It's onomatopoeic which means its not an actual word, it's like saying "prrrrraaarp" to describe a fart.

Prrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaarp is better down the middle

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

What a guy to have around for when the fixtures start to pile up in December.

Playing devil's advocate, I wonder if we bought this guy as a contingency plan, a la Soyuncu, for the pending departure of Maddison? If we miss out on Europe, Maddison will likely move on. If we get Europe, then we'll need the bigger squad anyway.

This club is run so bloody well :wub:

100% ... He wouldn't be here to sit on the bench hes far too good for that. Maddison will be off this summer or the next. Depending on if he wants to stay on 1 more year playing champions league with us.

13 minutes ago, les-tah said:

100% ... He wouldn't be here to sit on the bench hes far too good for that. Maddison will be off this summer or the next. Depending on if he wants to stay on 1 more year playing champions league with us.

Cannot see any circumstance where JM leaves this summer. We'll be asking upwards of the HM fee plus he does seem to genuinely enjoy it. Who's going to pay that for him? Don't see Man City or Liverpool doing that and they're the only obvious steps up.

Year after it's very much a possibility even if we are in the Champions League.

I'd expect a new contract is on the way 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

... could this have gone right over your head!!! 

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... could this have gone right over your head!!! 

Lizhang is Belgian and this isn't his first language, I wouldn't be surprised if he was genuine. If it was, I know I'd prefer an actual explanation instead of goodnatured joking at my expense. And if it wasn't, fair play :P

Edit: Just seen his response, my bad lol

Edited by Nicolo Barella
  • Like 1

Interview with Dennis here. Google translate struggles but you can get the gist. He said when the players go out on the pitch, some players touch the picture of Vichai hanging in the dressing room...He also says that he thinks everyone will stay if we get European football :clap:

• Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Reginaldo said:

Interview with Dennis here. Google translate struggles but you can get the gist. He said when the players go out on the pitch, some players touch the picture of Vichai hanging in the dressing room...He also says that he thinks everyone will stay if we get European football :clap:

How did you manage to get google translate working on the captions? Can't seem to find an option for it

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

How did you manage to get google translate working on the captions? Can't seem to find an option for it

Glad you asked that question, felt a bit tech dumb ass asking it lol

Ah. Maybe @Reginaldo is or understands Dutch, as the only subtitles seem to be Dutch...

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Glad you asked that question, felt a bit tech dumb ass asking it lol

I googled as well and the relevant option doesn't seem to exist. There's someone asking for the option to be turned on in the comments too. Only thing I can think of is to use live picture translate on a phone pointed at the video subtitles playing on another screen and pausing every few seconds lol

1 minute ago, brucey said:

I googled as well and the relevant option doesn't seem to exist. There's someone asking for the option to be turned on in the comments too. Only thing I can think of is to use live picture translate on a phone pointed at the video subtitles playing on another screen and pausing every few seconds lol

Or learn Dutch? lol

Jesus Christ, worked in IT for 30 years, seems I have learn't nothing :D

Just now, shade said:

putting new ribbons in the typewriters and then in later years checking the tabs were open on the floppy discs?

8 1/4 inch floppy drives when I started :)

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

In that video, they ask if the title has already been decided, and Dennis just shakes his head and disagrees. Good lad! :scarf:

To view subtitles, open the video in a new tab and click on this button. You will need to change the language to auto-translate.

Subititles.png

It still only autos to Dutch for me. Browser and app :frusty:

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

In that video, they ask if the title has already been decided, and Dennis just shakes his head and disagrees. Good lad! :scarf:

To view subtitles, open the video in a new tab and click on this button. You will need to change the language to auto-translate.

Subititles.png

Cheers, will have a look on desktop later, that option isn't on mobile or the app

On 11/11/2019 at 13:10, Nicolo Barella said:

Lizhang is Belgian and this isn't his first language, I wouldn't be surprised if he was genuine. If it was, I know I'd prefer an actual explanation instead of goodnatured joking at my expense. And if it wasn't, fair play :P

Edit: Just seen his response, my bad lol

We also use "ahem" or "ahum" ;-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1