Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Thought he looked slow and off the pace still, but I am comparing against the exceptional standards he set last season.

Wow Babs you are a hard man to please! Won Sky's MOTM award and probably scores an 8/10 for me. He was our creative fulcrum and played in so many dangerous passes forwards.

But I know what you mean in that a performance like that is average for his standards. But that's why he is our club record purchase. Of all of our players he (and probably Ricardo) are the ones that I can see lining up for a Real Madrid or Barcelona. Hopefully it's not Man City!

32 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Said last week the Belgians I met on hols rated him .Quiet and no fuss but did nothing wrong and everything right getting possession and the reverse pass to the left pre vardys goal was excellent.

I think this is a fair reflection. Very composed and tidy. Undoubtedly an asset. But not sure id describe him as the Messiah. Can't remember him threading anything. Just kept it simple throughout

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wow Babs you are a hard man to please! Won Sky's MOTM award and probably scores an 8/10 for me. He was our creative fulcrum and played in so many dangerous passes forwards.

But I know what you mean in that a performance like that is average for his standards. But that's why he is our club record purchase. Of all of our players he (and probably Ricardo) are the ones that I can see lining up for a Real Madrid or Barcelona. Hopefully it's not Man City!

I am hard to please! 

Said after seeing the YouTube compilations of him when we were first linked, elastic ankles. Spins and twists opponents apart, squeezing the ball through angles. Very tidy player.

Don't see the Albrighton likeness much either to be honest. Different build and face structure

• Like 2

Praet was very tidy today, doing the simple things well and his positioning and movement were excellent as he gave colleagues options. He reminds me of Harry Winks in style but a better version but he isnt a player IMO that can be compared to Tielemans. Tielemans is the type of player (like Maddison) who always has memorable moments in a game, usually in the final third of the pitch. Todays example was that superb left foot volley that was goal bound but blocked by the defender and we somehow didnt get a corner. Then it was the lovely cross from a almost straight angle that Vards headed over, then the through pass on the ground. Praet for me is very neat and tidy but doesnt have enough memorable or decisive moments to his game from what I have seen for Tielemans to worry about his place.

BTW Tielemans MOM today?! Did old Smudger Smith not watch what Ndidi and Riccardo were doing?!!

• Like 1

His little shimmy and then switched pass for Barnes that lead to Vardys 1st goal was superb! Could have easily faded after Hayden's tackle and if anything he grew into the game more after that. Very composed and is a very handy player to have in the squad. 

I kept half an eye on him all game and I think he was very good, less flashy than Youri but still very high level. We looked fluid and imaginative when he was involved, but then I do like an intelligent midfielder... with good composure, movement, workrate, decision making, tackling, aggression and quality on the ball. And he showed some steel to get up after that challenge.

Our midfield is boss now, I reckon Denis could play in any one of our midfield positions quite happily. Brilliant recruitment again.

Youri also did very well, although you could see he was pretty tired at the end. I think he has been behind on fitness, but he is there or thereabouts now.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

His little shimmy and then switched pass for Barnes that lead to Vardys 1st goal was superb! Could have easily faded after Hayden's tackle and if anything he grew into the game more after that. Very composed and is a very handy player to have in the squad. 

Was that the fake header, if so that was brilliant. 

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

Very very impressed with him today, still not sure Youri is up to speed... he should be looking over his shoulder as Praet looks the business.

Yeah, Praet was great today. Simple, effective and direct. No unnecesary twisting or turning or time wasting. Youri has been a bit careless at times and he needs to improve his concentration. But otherwise Youri and Praet look like a good combination.

Presents a problem, but a good one, for Rodgers to think about when Maddison recovers from his injury. I like Praet in that he keeps things simple and moving. No unnecessary showboating or dribbling so he helps the team maintains attacking momentum.  

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1