Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

11 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Surprised you think that.

For me he was sensational today, completely dictated the pace of the game.

Our midfield is just stunning these days. 3 of Ndidi, Choudhury, Praet, Tielemans and Maddison. Yes please.

I don't think he looks fit to be honest. He's not reached anything like last seasons level IMO. Certainly didn't see anything sensational today, but as I said earlier I am judging on his previous levels. 

49 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don't think he looks fit to be honest. He's not reached anything like last seasons level IMO. Certainly didn't see anything sensational today, but as I said earlier I am judging on his previous levels. 

If he wasn’t fit enough then he wouldn’t have played 90 mins at Luton ...... they have all the numbers. I thought he looked happier yesterday without madders ........ the trick is to get the two of them playing the game they want to ..... praet will take some time to pick up the intensity and tempo of the prem but. he looks like he will do pretty well when he does ! 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If he wasn’t fit enough then he wouldn’t have played 90 mins at Luton ...... they have all the numbers. I thought he looked happier yesterday without madders ........ the trick is to get the two of them playing the game they want to ..... praet will take some time to pick up the intensity and tempo of the prem but. he looks like he will do pretty well when he does ! 

There is fit and there is fit... I could wander through 90 minutes of football. Rodgers even said after the game that he's been one that's been getting up to speed with their fitness. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Didn't enjoy that lofted through ball that split them apart which Vardy headed over? It was majestic, even when he's supposedly not fit he is still doing some lovely stuff. I've noticed an improvement in the last few weeks, it's still below last season but maybe he won't always play to that level because if he did we wouldn't have him, he'd be De Bruyne.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Above all else he just keeps the ball moving. That's a great quality in itself. 

At a good tempo as well.

I actually think that Maddison might have been a hindrance to our play if he'd played yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, Maddison is unreal and probably our best player but he's best when he's taking players on in and around the box.

When you're playing against a defensive team with 10 men you need to keep working the space and Praet did that superbly.

15 hours ago, Babylon said:

Very very impressed with him today, still not sure Youri is up to speed... he should be looking over his shoulder as Praet looks the business.

Nope, Youri and Praet have to be out there together - that's the winning ticket.

16 hours ago, Babylon said:

Very very impressed with him today, still not sure Youri is up to speed... he should be looking over his shoulder as Praet looks the business.

Nope, Youri and Praet have to be out there together - that's the winning ticket.

As I've been saying, once he's bedded he should be one of the first names in the team sheet.  Tremendous sense of spacing - always quietly drifting into the right spot to give the passer options.  Makes the simple and direct pass most of the time, then springs the jaw-dropper when the moment strikes - like the one to Barnes on Vardy's goal.  That was a classic "hockey assist" moment from Praet - it doesn't show up on the scoresheet and if you weren't watching the match you'd have no idea that was basically his goal.

He's no slouch defensively either.  Loves a tackle and always tracking back when danger strikes (which admittedly was almost never today).

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Babylon said:

The thing with Youri, is even when he's having a bad game he's worth having on the pitch. For every bad pass he makes, he makes one that nobody else is capable of.  Yesterday was a prime example of it. The through ball for Chillwell was next level, if he had chipped the keeper we'd all be going mad about that ball for the rest of the season. But despite a 5-0 rout he will probably be dissapointed with himself, because he made a number of errors. 

He's a young lad and he's going to make mistakes. Personally for me, he's the first name on the team sheet. 

• Like 2