Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

I wasn't sure when we first signed him, i didn't see where he would fit with the other midfielders we had/have and if we really needed him

Im glad i was wrong, if his performance against Newcastle is his normal game level then i can see why when the chance came we decided to sign him. Could be an absolute steal

1 hour ago, Luttfox said:

I wasn't sure when we first signed him, i didn't see where he would fit with the other midfielders we had/have and if we really needed him

Im glad i was wrong, if his performance against Newcastle is his normal game level then i can see why when the chance came we decided to sign him. Could be an absolute steal

Well this issue still exists because i still dont see the diamond working and playing them all...so that mean one of Madders, Ndidi, Tielemens & Praet will be left out.

He had a bit of a mare against Sheffield United but was magnificent yesterday. Looks supreme on the ball. His pass to Barnes for the second goal was top drawer.

Was a bit concerned we had another 'Mendy' situation on our hands with the red card tackle but he shrugged it off thankfully.

Bit of a headscratcher trying to fit him in when at full strength but it's not a bad complaint to have.

Edited by Blue ROI

6 hours ago, les-tah said:

Well this issue still exists because i still dont see the diamond working and playing them all...so that mean one of Madders, Ndidi, Tielemens & Praet will be left out.

Let's see how it looks before we throw it to the curb.  The shape will be different with Praet instead of Choudhury out there.  I think those four guys can work fine as a group but we haven't really had the chance to find out.

6 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

He had a bit of a mare against Sheffield United but was magnificent yesterday. Looks supreme on the ball. His pass to Barnes for the second goal was top drawer.

Was a bit concerned we had another 'Mendy' situation on our hands with the red card tackle but he shrugged it off thankfully.

Bit of a headscratcher trying to fit him in when at full strength but it's not a bad complaint to have.

Mare against Sheffield Utd? Think that’s a bit harsh!

Looks like he is going to be a real asset to the team, have a good feeling that he may become a player that we remember for a long time.........Just really wish people would pronounce his name properly, its Flemish and pronounced PRART, not PRATT...............Can someone let Mr Stringer and the other sports commentators know please and stop me shouting at the radio!......rant over.............till next time.

8 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Reminds me of a young Marc Albrighton.

I watched a re-run of the Spuds game yesterday and as he was warming up the commentator said 'looks like Marc Albrighton's coming on'!

I thought he was a little lightweight during the first 20 minutes against Newcastle, but as his confidence grew he looked really classy and played some lovely passes and some nice touches.

I thought he improved Tielemans too. His best game for us this season by far.

27 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

I watched a re-run of the Spuds game yesterday and as he was warming up the commentator said 'looks like Marc Albrighton's coming on'!

I thought he was a little lightweight during the first 20 minutes against Newcastle, but as his confidence grew he looked really classy and played some lovely passes and some nice touches.

I thought he improved Tielemans too. His best game for us this season by far.

They have a history.  They complement each other beautifully.

In the end, if we want to get our best 11 out there the formation that may work best is a kind of 4-1-3-2, with N'didi and Maddison in the middle of the pitch and Tielemans and Praet between them, and either Perez or Barnes playing as a second striker with Vardy.  Some will call it a diamond but it's nothing like the miserly strait jacket we used for much of the first 5 games.

Ricardo     Evans   Soyuncu    Chilwell

N'didi

Praet               Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy               Perez/Barnes

• Like 2

Class Act. Caught in possession a few times and still getting used to the tempo of the league.

Excellent compliment/competition for our midfield. The goals will come.

11 hours ago, Hammo said:

Thought he was our most composed midfielder today. Was disappointed when he came off - especially as it was straight after that decent strike of his that went just wide. A good buy, a real asset.

I agree! I actually though he was our best player outside of our CB’s when he came off. You won’t get a harder test than Liverpool away in the league in terms of intensity and being hassled off the ball and I thought he passed the test very well. 

Think he’s already proved to be a great acquisition. Provides competition for places and gives a good account of himself when he’s playing. And he’ll only get better. For me he’s turning out to be the type of player and having the impact I expected from Adrien Silva. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Yep…. I think we’re all in agreement on this one…. Looks really composed…. Very calm and invariably finds his man

That's what I like about him.

Forget yesterday's result, many players have stepped up and if we manage to keep them next season, we really can go places.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1