Jump to content
Dirkster the Fox

OMG Dennis Praet

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not even on the bench tonight despite expecting he might start  - injury ??

Isn't the whole squad allowed on the bench these days? Must be an injury if so Youri looks like he's having a good game though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Isn't the whole squad allowed on the bench these days? Must be an injury if so Youri looks like he's having a good game though. 

Think I could play well against them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hes a strong lad Dennis took that tackle from the spurs player and got up and got on with it. - Madders would still be rolling around now.

Look good

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Hes a strong lad Dennis took that tackle from the spurs player and got up and got on with it. - Madders would still be rolling around now.

Look good

He's definitely strong and not afraid of a tackle, Just what we need in the midfield, As it's not really Madders or Youri's best assets.

Which is why I'd keep him in the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Praet is the latest City player to win his first international cap while playing for us.  That has to help us recruit the next wave of talented young players.  Come here, get game time with a good side, step up a level and play for your country.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Full debut he means, he's only ever came on off the bench before. Got a decent assist to mark the occasion too! 

I know Belgium have a ridiculous wealth of talent in some parts of the pitch, but if that's true it's incredible. I'm also shocked at how few games Tielemans had played for the national side given he was their boy wonder from 16 onwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Full debut he means, he's only ever came on off the bench before. Got a decent assist to mark the occasion too! 

Fair point, I did mean full debut.   He's played more minutes for Belgium in one match since joining us than in the last five years playing for other clubs.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've got this sneaky feeling Praet will be here years. So early to say it I know but he just seems the type, the level headed, under the radar kind of player that isn't going to grab the headlines but will keep the team ticking. Bit like an Albrighton, Fuchs type of player.

I hope so! Our very own scholsey ? ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've got this sneaky feeling Praet will be here years. So early to say it I know but he just seems the type, the level headed, under the radar kind of player that isn't going to grab the headlines but will keep the team ticking. Bit like an Albrighton, Fuchs type of player.

He's on a different level to Albrighton as well. I don't mean any disrespect to Albrighton in that either. Praet just looks so comfortable all time in every situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although he hasn't scored many goals since leaving Anderlecht, if he rediscovered that ability then he could be frighteningly good. I do like the Belgian link we now have, what with Top owning Leuven, getting Ndidi before any other top level team did and us having Anderlechts best two youth products in recent years it is a trend that we should keep pursuing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Although he hasn't scored many goals since leaving Anderlecht, if he rediscovered that ability then he could be frighteningly good. I do like the Belgian link we now have, what with Top owning Leuven, getting Ndidi before any other top level team did and us having Anderlechts best two youth products in recent years it is a trend that we should keep pursuing.

Exactly.

Belgium as a nation have really stepped up a level (or three) over the past few years, and we've positioned ourselves very well to try and take advantage of that. There's an awful lot of talent coming out of their leagues.

Hopefully OH Leuven can get promoted and we can develop a clear pathway (mutually beneficial of course) to develop top talent in both countries, as well as being a strong candidate for any Belgian or Belgium-based players to come to in order to progress their careers. 

Exciting if it pays off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Absolutely agree with all the positive stuff about Dennis P. I reckon he's an awful lot better than your average 'solid pro'. 

And Youri is smarter than the average Bear. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I know Belgium have a ridiculous wealth of talent in some parts of the pitch, but if that's true it's incredible. I'm also shocked at how few games Tielemans had played for the national side given he was their boy wonder from 16 onwards.

 

Tbf, Moussa Dembele, Kevin De Bruyne and Axel Witsel. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

 

Tbf, Moussa Dembele, Kevin De Bruyne and Axel Witsel. 

 

All 3 have had a number of long term injuries in the past though. I can't even think of a player in our country that this would be on a par with, won their domestic division player of the year and numerous other domestic accolades and trophies and then moved to Serie A where he's been described as one of the best midfielders in the whole league by his manager and yet up until this week had never made a start for his national team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He's on a different level to Albrighton as well. I don't mean any disrespect to Albrighton in that either. Praet just looks so comfortable all time in every situation. 

If he becomes anywhere near the club player that Marc has become i`d settle for that...Albrighton or Davie Gibson 2 will do me fine!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...