Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has he had an impressive game in 2019 for us? I can't think of one

I don't recall how he performed at all last season in 2019 to be perfectly honest - I don't think it was anything special but it wasn't terrible either. I think he will get back to business soon. I actually think a lot of his problems are down to him usually playing with either Barnes or Maddison in front of him. Neither are particularly good at tracking back and helping out their fullback, and Maddison is shocking at making himself available to Chilwell on the wing. With Barnes, however, the problem in my opinion is much more to do with Chilwell's inability to link up well with Barnes rather than the other way around.

I don't think Chilwell will ever improve his crossing to a very high level, but his current poor form - manifesting in poor pass accuracy and occasional defensive lapses - is most likely temporary. Hopefully Kolo can sort him out like he sorted out Soyuncu!

Having thought about it, someone’s probably realised we are scouting left backs (to replace Fuchs) and put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

Especially when the Sun are suggesting we will replace Chilwell with an 18 year old from Bolton’s youth setup 

Edited by Mehrez
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

You mean a player who is happy playing back up so therefore wont be high quality.

If he was high quality he'd keep chilwell out of the team and would decrease his transfer value.lol

No, I mean we should be buying someone like a telles as a Fuchs replacement or that quality of player that can play further forward but can also fill in for chilwell if this form happens again. Nowt wrong with a dip in form, but we need to get to a place as a club where our other options can suitably challenge someone when they are having a tough time. Competition will make him a better player and therefore hold any transfer value. Even though I wouldn't want him to leave unless as previous stated for mad money 

Edited by North Leeds Fox

Hes a left back who is not scared to go forward, that has a lot of value.

He cannot cross well which is very frustrating, but at least he isnt scared to cross.

Fuchs is one of the best crossers in the game ironically but doesnt have chilwells energy levels.

This next year will be interesting, as we selling so many first teamers, I wonder if we can keep it down to just one of them, as I be surprised if we keep Maddison.

Edited by Chrysalis

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Inevitable. I still think Fuchs is better, it’s a shame he’s not 25 tho

Chilwell gets the ball forward better, but is bad once in the opposition third, he just loses it so many times.

Fuchs in the opposition third is light years ahead of chilwell, one of the best players in the league up there.  Vardy has scored many goals at end of a fuchs assist.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

No player is undroppable , he can park his backside on the bench for a bit , if the lad makes a crucial error they will destroy him on here . There is no need to sell him though , he will improve , he should not believe his publicity though, he is no Ashley Cole .

.. might be a good idea he tries to emulate him!!

He needs to work on his options when in the final third. We are still too reliant in throwing the ball into the box and this does not help in his development. There are so many options open to him and yet he chooses to do the same thing again and again. 

We lose him and another club will develop him, no doubt about it. 

He has got to learn to commit the defence, drive into the box, have the confidence to drop his shoulder in order to get a shot off or offload for a tap in. It really is about time he worked on this aspect of his game. 

• Like 1

The article is confirming something the club actively do year on year, which is building a list of replacements for when we think the right time is to sell. 

I ain’t even fussed like I used to be anymore after the Maguire/Souyncu example. It’s our model and it’s working really well. We keep developing young players and our reputation will build as an exciting place to play 

3 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Mate of mine said we had scouts at the Forest game yesterday. Could be routine, but they do have that Joe Worrall. Is he a left back :dunno:

He was appalling at Rangers last season by all accounts, though I always had him as a centre half.

Chilwell will definitely be going to Man City when he leaves us, but surely we're going to demand a similar fee to the Maguire one?

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Also he's a fvcking hunk in the making with wondrous hair. X 

Dosen't even come close to the "Mane of Soyuncu". Get Rid.

4 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Mate of mine said we had scouts at the Forest game yesterday. Could be routine, but they do have that Joe Worrall. Is he a left back :dunno:

More likely to be looking at Ollie Watkins of Brentford. The kid is a statistical/analytic wet dream from a scouts point of view 

Massive knee jerk reaction. So we lost to the league's best. Now it's knives out for the kid we developed since a kid to the highest level in English football? He's had a poor run of form but selling an England international without any replacement would be insane. Besides we'd have to blow most of the transfer fee on his untested replacement.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jonthefox said:

He’s a centre back and was on loan to Rangers last season so seen a fair bit of him, absolute donkey. Rangers fans would tell you the same.

I think Chilwell is a good player, not too much more than that based on what I’ve seen tho, I get the impression he thinks he’s better than he actually is.

Ill caveat with the fact I don’t watch him every week so not sure how reliable my opinion is.

£50m+ for him would be great business imo and invested correctly I think you could get an upgrade on him with some change left if you look outside England.

Someone like Youcef Atal at Nice for example who is going to be a superstar and could be got for reasonable cash.

If Fuchs is going to America at the end of the season, we will be needing a left back even if Chillwell stays.I should hope the club is scouting left backs. In fact, we should be scouting all positions at all times, even when not selling. Never know when the next Kante or Mahrez might pop up, and we'd want to get in there before the moneybags clubs take an interest.

Not trying to defend the guy completely here but funny how some of his poor displays are coming the more Maddison is played wide. He drifts into the middle naturally which has a huge impact on Chilwell going forward. He is much better when he has someone ahead of him. He isn't as good as Ricardo going forward so he needs more assistance. However, his crossing has been poor for a while now. 

I wouldn't want him to go, but for good money and if we can bring in a good replacement in the mould of Ricardo then I'm all for it. We have bigger worries trying to keep hold of other players than Chilwell I'm afraid. 

• Like 1