Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ben Chilwell

5 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Have you not been watching him for the last three years?

He cannot kick a football to a team mate on a consistent basis, a point I made last season and the season before. 

He is the worst player in our first 11 by miles. 

Sell please for whatever you can get. 

Been a season ticket holder for years, and yes I have been watching him, and with most young players it takes time, what I will say he has all the attributes to be a top player.

Yes like most young players they make the wrong decisions, he makes the wrong pass, yet he is getting into good positions, that’s where he will learn.

Give him time,  we’re blessed with a lot of young talent, the signs already is that we’re more than capable of holding our own,so  let’s not start this player bashing 

• Like 1

Wouldn't sell him unless we have a stupid offer like with Maguire. 

On his form he isn't playing as well as last season, Fuchs has played better when called upon. I'd start him next game, have chilwell on the bench and give him a rest. No harm in that. 

• Like 1

Madness.

Chilwell may not be at his best right now, but he is clearly being coveted by the biggest clubs in the country as a player good enough for them for years to come. Make what you will of their scouting/transfer record (Maguire case in point), but all of them, our club and the England set up aren't all wrong. 

I don't think Chilwell is ever going to be in the very top tier of full backs but there is no shame in that at all. I don't think his intelligence and reading of the game is quite there and for close to Maguire money it makes good business/long term development sense to sell, but he is a talented lad. In the right set up where he is not exposed 1 on 1 all the time and is led by an experienced head at CB and a good manager he will continue to improve with age. I think defenders generally improve more with age (at least they should) than attackers do and I think with more leadership and coaching Chilwell will as well. 

We should not be getting rid unless the offer is too good to refuse.

• Like 1

I'm astonished ..... He's a superb player already, skilful, pacy and a great engine, can defend and attack and yet some (in fact the majority on here it seems) of Leicester fans would see him sold. Crazy.

I'd be very disappointed to see him leave, I think we'll appreciate him way more after he's gone.

• Like 1