Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
happy85

Ben Chilwell

Recommended Posts

It's definitely a feeling I'm getting too - there's too much noise about Madders and Chilwell going at the moment. Especially with the England call ups. My guess is they're trying to get a better contract. 

Agents really are the bane of modern football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£130 mill hahah. 

 

HM was £80 mill, so the base rate for two of our players is £160 mill. Whack on the fact that they're both younger than HM, takes it to £180 mill for the pair. Whack on the fact it's the January window and Utd will be absolutely desperate at that point. 

 

Bidding starts at £200 million. :cool:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£130m for both Maddison and Chilwell?! Nope. I wouldn't even start talking about it until they offer over £200m. They set a bar by paying £80m for Maguire, and, on top of that, they will be absolutely desperate in January. Any club will be able to rinse them senseless.

 

Besides, who would want to leave us while challenging for top 4, to join an abysmal Man Utd side who could conceivably be fighting against relegation this season?

Edited by Raw Dykes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

It's definitely a feeling I'm getting too - there's too much noise about Madders and Chilwell going at the moment. Especially with the England call ups. My guess is they're trying to get a better contract. 

Agents really are the bane of modern football. 

tend to agree, but it is well known that they are best buddies and a double deal might be tempting for both of them if it means they get to carry on their little love-in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

£130m for both Maddison and Chilwell?! Nope. I wouldn't even start talking about it until they offer over £200m. They set a bar by paying £80m for Maguire, and, on top of that, they will be absolutely desperate in January. Any club will be able to rinse them senseless.

 

Besides, who would want to leave us while challenging for top 4, to join an abysmal Man Utd side who could conceivably be fighting relegation this season?

Top needs to do a press release £220m or feck off.

 

The press meltdown would be huge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sylofox said:

Top needs to do a press release £220m or feck off.

 

The press meltdown would be huge.

lol Yes. Worded exactly like that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all seriousness it's vital that we make Europe of some description for next season or our best players will want to leave. Sooner rather than later we need to deliver on our "young promising squad" tagline. It's quite likely that we could be 8 points ahead of Man Utd by the end of the next round of games which is a great start.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is, with Fuchs finishing at the end of the season, we only have Chilwell. If we do get rid of him I would like to see someone like Cresswell play for us but you could argue why would he leave West Ham (literally just signed a contract extension as well).

 

We would need to recruit well on the LB position. Maddison fine, we have Praet behind him who can step in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody who isn't surplus to requirements will be sold in January. It's way too early in the season for Chilwell and Maddison to think about a summer move. A lot depends on the outcome of the season. There's every chance we will finish above Man United. You'd like to think we'll be in Europe and the players clearly like playing for Rodgers. I'm hopeful that if we qualify for Europe it will really focus the some of the sought after players (Chilwell, Maddison, Ricardo and Ndidi) on staying with us. Depends on the player's motives I guess though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be very unlike us to let 2 star players leave at once. Chilwell could be the next, would have faith in the set up to replace him suitably but only if he was pushing for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the same feeling as I did with Maguire - if we sell him I won’t be too fussed as I think he could be replaced and the money generated can be useful for elsewhere. Unless Justin steps up to replace him like Soyuncu did with Maguire. 
 

£60m would be fair, as his attacking output isn’t great but his defensive work is very decent. Not sure his value will rise anymore unless a noticeable change in terms of his crossing occurs.

Edited by lcfc sheff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I think the media forget we aren't in the Burnley, Norwich, Sheff Utd bracket nowadays. Hopefully soon we wont be Everton or West Ham either. Fcuk off! We don't have to roll over whenever the likes of Utd or Chelsea choose to decide they want players. 

This is where you're wrong. All our players have a price and we are and always will be a selling club.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This is where you're wrong. All our players have a price and we are and always will be a selling club.

Correct they do. But it's now our price and not Utd's or chelski's price.

 

As we proved with Maguire and to a point with Mahrez they go when we choose and our price.

 

Selling club we maybe but no longer a bullied club.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see a headline where when David James or Daniel James or whatever his name is has a good match and they say he's rumored to be joining LCFC.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

£130m for both Maddison and Chilwell?! Nope. I wouldn't even start talking about it until they offer over £200m. They set a bar by paying £80m for Maguire, and, on top of that, they will be absolutely desperate in January. Any club will be able to rinse them senseless.

 

Besides, who would want to leave us while challenging for top 4, to join an abysmal Man Utd side who could conceivably be fighting relegation this season?

Don't think Man Utd are good enough to 'fight relegation' this season

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

My mate at work thinks Chilly is worth £40 Million max!

Yes he is a Manchester United Fan.

He also thinks that Maddison is on the way, maybe in January.

 

Tell your mate he's puckin clueless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

Don't think Man Utd are good enough to 'fight relegation' this season

lol You knew what I meant, smartarse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

My mate at work thinks Chilly is worth £40 Million max!

Yes he is a Manchester United Fan.

He also thinks that Maddison is on the way, maybe in January.

What's your mate's name.. 

Stu Pidtwat? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

This is where you're wrong. All our players have a price and we are and always will be a selling club.

Every team bar Real Madrid and Barca are selling clubs. I.e. Pogba, Ronaldo, Suarez, Courtois etc etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually think we have a great spine and a lot of upcoming youngsters would thrive in our team. We have Kasper - Evans - Ndidi - Vardy. Cos they are such quality / underrated players they make others look better than they actually are. 

 

United have fallen into the trick of thinking just buy players for each position like Man City did, the trouble is Man City already had a good spine in Kompany - Silva - Aguero. 

 

My point is if United spend a high proportion of their budget on just Chilwell and Maddison I still think they’d be sh*t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I actually think we have a great spine and a lot of upcoming youngsters would thrive in our team. We have Kasper - Evans - Ndidi - Vardy. Cos they are such quality / underrated players they make others look better than they actually are. 

 

United have fallen into the trick of thinking just buy players for each position like Man City did, the trouble is Man City already had a good spine in Kompany - Silva - Aguero. 

 

My point is if United spend a high proportion of their budget on just Chilwell and Maddison I still think they’d be sh*t 

Man United still need a world class centre back to cover for Maguire’s flaws, his lack of mobility and attraction to the ball. 

 

A general in midfield to pull the team together and unleash Pogba. A striker who’s going to get 20 goals a season. 

 

Thats going to be costly enough as it is, and that’s without taking into consideration they need to address their problem when it comes to creativity, relying on Mata and Pereira won’t supply ammunition for any striker to get 20+ goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Man United still need a world class centre back to cover for Maguire’s flaws, his lack of mobility and attraction to the ball. 

 

A general in midfield to pull the team together and unleash Pogba. A striker who’s going to get 20 goals a season. 

 

Thats going to be costly enough as it is, and that’s without taking into consideration they need to address their problem when it comes to creativity, relying on Mata and Pereira won’t supply ammunition for any striker to get 20+ goals.

When you look at how much money they’ve spent in the last 3 years or so it’s baffling how they’ve managed to waste so much money. Players like Fred for 52m, average players 30m +. Looking at their squad after the money they’ve spent is embarrassing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...