Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
happy85

Ben Chilwell

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, AylestoneRaider said:

So we have a player who is an England international and would be a target for the largest clubs in Europe....and I responded to an absurd post saying his end product is a ‘disgrace’ it’s clear this kind of overly negative comment is pointless in my opinion. 

I never assess a player on international recognition because the standard is so poor , but in truth he has very little competition for that position. As much as I dislike the bloke you have to judge Chilwell by the Ashley Cole standard among English players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

So we have a player who is an England international and would be a target for the largest clubs in Europe....and I responded to an absurd post saying his end product is a ‘disgrace’ it’s clear this kind of overly negative comment is pointless in my opinion. 

I never said it was a disgrace I said it needed work. I also accept that he may only leave us for a so called big club, but if you were sat scouting him what would your reports say. 

 

Gets up and down the pitch, has great energy. Often found wanting defensively, such as sending Mahrez inside over and over again.  And lacks end product going the other way. Often panics, cuts back onto his weak foot, over hits crosses and lacks conviction.

 

If I'm wrong please let me know what I'm missing. I reckon he's probably up there in the top lbs in the league right now. But his competition is poor. Other than Robertson, you are talking, mendy, shaw, vertonghen is playing lb for spurs, the lad at arsenal cant defend either. Alonso gets slated at Chelsea.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chilwell is not world class, and of story. It's not even an argument, just because a big club wants you, it doesn't make you world class. 

 

He's a very decent player, but being English makes it more likely to get a big move because they all want decent English players to meet the quotas. If he was Spanish, would there be as much interest. Probably not. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

So all of the top clubs are interested in an attacking full back that is easily replaceable and has a ‘woeful’ end product. Something isn’t adding up for me  !!!!!!

Wheres this list of top clubs that are interested. I grant he wont leave for l2. But stop reading the papers. Theres never been a firm bid in the last 4 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

I never said it was a disgrace I said it needed work. I also accept that he may only leave us for a so called big club, but if you were sat scouting him what would your reports say. 

 

Gets up and down the pitch, has great energy. Often found wanting defensively, such as send Mahrez inside over and over again.  And lacks end product going the other way. Often panics, cuts back onto his weak foot, over hits crosses and lacks conviction.

 

If I'm wrong please let me know what I'm missing. I reckon he's probably up there in the top lbs in the league right now. But his competition is poor. Other than Robertson, you are talking, mendy, shaw, vertonghen is playing lb for spurs, the lad at arsenal cant defend either. Alonso gets slated at Chelsea.

You said his end product is woeful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Phew for a minute there I thought this thread was hot because there was a credible rumour of a club bidding for him!

 

 

 

 

Nope , its really about what Rodgers needs to do to use him to our best advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

You said his end product is woeful. 

So I never said disgraceful then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Phew for a minute there I thought this thread was hot because there was a credible rumour of a club bidding for him!

 

 

 

 

Partick Thistle in a little scribble I did not bother doing, ……….. I should write for the tabloids:beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AylestoneRaider said:

He is a class act and is getting better and better - I object to posts where people call a player of this calibre’s end product woeful and a disgrace - simply not true. N

Well his end product hasn't been great, it's definitely been better this season though. Previously he really needed to be doing better considering the positions he got in. 

 

I think it would shock people to know he as the same assists as Maddison and more than Ricardo this season. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Wheres this list of top clubs that are interested. I grant he wont leave for l2. But stop reading the papers. Theres never been a firm bid in the last 4 years. 

I contend that if agents became aware he was available at the right price you would see firm offers from Chelsea, Spurs and City. That is my opinion and I’m comfortable with it. I don’t think that would be the case if his end product was either woeful or a disgrace.

 

I love watching Chillwell and the rest of this side and unwarranted levels of criticism irk me!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AylestoneRaider said:

I contend that if agents became aware he was available at the right price you would see firm offers from Chelsea, Spurs and City. That is my opinion and I’m comfortable with it. I don’t think that would be the case if his end product was either woeful or a disgrace.

 

I love watching Chillwell and the rest of this side and unwarranted levels of criticism irk me!

Spurs. So about 15 million then lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bayfox said:

Spurs. So about 15 million then lol

Yeah as they paid over 50m for Davison Sanchez about three years ago. Anyway - I contend that Chilwell’s end product is not woeful. Good luck for 2020 - over and out x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well his end product hasn't been great, it's definitely been better this season though. Previously he really needed to be doing better considering the positions he got in. 

 

I think it would shock people to know he as the same assists as Maddison and more than Ricardo this season. 

I think he is a great attacking asset - intelligent runs, good ball retention and generally a very good outlet in our impressive away games - particularly v Brighton and Palace - less so at Villa...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

Yeah as they paid over 50m for Davison Sanchez about three years ago. Anyway - I contend that Chilwell’s end product is not woeful. Good luck for 2020 - over and out x

36 potentially rising to 42. But ok. Well done for finding 1 player they spent money on.:thumbup:

 

I'll stick with its woeful for a player that everyone thinks is world class because the media say so.  Deffo room for improvement.

 

I'll wait for the move to Real or Barca etc to come true and we will see how he gets on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chilwell's crossing has improved a great deal this year.  Not so many aimless floated ball's that we saw under Puel, I have seen him drill passes in to feet from a crossing position.  

 

He has improved year on year and is still a young player yet to hit his ceiling.  I reckon 18 of the other 19 clubs would love to have him!  He deserves our support.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Chilwell's crossing has improved a great deal this year.  Not so many aimless floated ball's that we saw under Puel, I have seen him drill passes in to feet from a crossing position.  

 

He has improved year on year and is still a young player yet to hit his ceiling.  I reckon 18 of the other 19 clubs would love to have him!  He deserves our support.

Never said I didn't. But they doesn't make him world class, or the next maldini or carlos, cafu. Lahm or even ashley Cole. It makes him ok. If theres 18 worse lbs in the PL it does prove the fact the premier league is brilliantly marketed.

 

It doesn't mean I don't appreciate him, infact I respect what he went away and did the other summer. And if he can take that determination to improve his fitness into improving his end product. Great he will be a fantastic player and asset in the future. 

 

All players wearing the badge deserve absolutely the best support on a match day. And it's not like I'm calling him out on Twitter, but this is a forum for debate. I've actually enjoyed the last half hour. I love a reasonable debate. But I do believe he has plenty to work on.

 

I do wish Fuchs was about 10 years you get with chilwells engine as his delivery can be deadly. And he's better positionally and more intelligent as I said I'd love to think Brendan is trying to get chilwell to listen and learn from that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Chilwell is not world class, and of story. It's not even an argument, just because a big club wants you, it doesn't make you world class. 

 

He's a very decent player, but being English makes it more likely to get a big move because they all want decent English players to meet the quotas. If he was Spanish, would there be as much interest. Probably not. 


I think if he was Spanish and he moved to one of the traditional Big 6 for decent money, he’d probably be seen as a bit sh!t after a season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Never said I didn't.

What?   I wasn't replying to you, just making a general point about his crossing and improvement.

 

19 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

But they doesn't make him world class, or the next maldini or carlos, cafu. Lahm or even ashley Cole. It makes him ok. If theres 18 worse lbs in the PL it does prove the fact the premier league is brilliantly marketed.

 

It doesn't mean I don't appreciate him, infact I respect what he went away and did the other summer. And if he can take that determination to improve his fitness into improving his end product. Great he will be a fantastic player and asset in the future. 

 

All players wearing the badge deserve absolutely the best support on a match day. And it's not like I'm calling him out on Twitter, but this is a forum for debate. I've actually enjoyed the last half hour. I love a reasonable debate. But I do believe he has plenty to work on.

 

I do wish Fuchs was about 10 years you get with chilwells engine as his delivery can be deadly. And he's better positionally and more intelligent as I said I'd love to think Brendan is trying to get chilwell to listen and learn from that.

I didn't say he was world class, however, by definition, if there are 18 worse LBs in the PL that makes him special not just 'OK'.  OK would be 8th, 9th or 10th best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Elliott describes him perfectly. Split the pitch into 5 sections and he’s great in the middle 3. In the final parts each end is where he is weak 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...