Sign in to follow this  
happy85

Ben Chilwell

On 06/10/2019 at 08:21, Pliskin said:

We know this is bollocks, his performances so far this season wouldnt warrant a 50p price tag.....

I thought he was shit last night tbh!

7 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Trust Rodgers to know what he is doing in regards to anything related to football at the club over you bunch of mutts.

When I came here you were all begging for top 6 and look at you now. Crying, pissing and moaning about Ben Chilwell and you're in 2nd place with half the season gone already.

This place :beer:

Nice and refreshing, with enthusiasm,hope and a humongous portion of "stop being spoilt and show some faith" on the side

:worship:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Trust Rodgers to know what he is doing in regards to anything related to football at the club over you bunch of mutts.

When I came here you were all begging for top 6 and look at you now. Crying, pissing and moaning about Ben Chilwell and you're in 2nd place with half the season gone already.

This place :beer:

I do trust Rogers.Hope he stays for life!just saying Bc was shit last night thats all.Still think hes the best left back in the prem,but we are aloud to voice an opinion.We will be playing European football next season and that will do for me.

Some of the comments on this thread are beyond ridiculous. He's a fantastic full-back who is clearly suffering from a lack of form. Bare in mind a lot of teams are now setting up to block our flanks which gives more room in the middle for Maddison and co to shine. I just think he needs a bit of a confidence boost and he'll be back to his best. Having the second coming of Cafu on the other side is a good reference point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nice and refreshing, with enthusiasm,hope and a humongous portion of "stop being spoilt and show some faith" on the side

:worship:

I'm in the mood :D

Quite often we only had Vardy in the box, there were groans because he wasnt crossing first time but we just would have given the ball away. Hes actually fairly decent at picking players out in the box, not via a cross but cutting it back.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

he's obviously a good player with a few weaknesses who's in bad form, the problem with this forum, and society in general at the moment, is people have to be vitriolic and overly polarised in their opinion, something's either shit or amazing. sometimes things can be somewhere in between.

Edited by shade

Had a bad game last night. However, when he startsgetting his confidence back and starts bombing down theflank again and trying to beat them to the byline we will look so much better as a team. Currently all he does if turn and pass it backwards and holds up our play.

Edited by frany104
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I do like Chillwell but he never shows up in the big games. I'd take 瞿60-70m in the summer.

Who we getting in that's better and cheaper?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I do like Chillwell but he never shows up in the big games. I'd take 瞿60-70m in the summer.

Can't see anybody falling for the Maguire con again myself but as long as he recovers some form 瞿40m would be about right.

Edited by An Sionnach

12 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Should have done better with Villa's goal, having just watched it again, he didn't look fully committed to getting a foot in.

It is not the first time. He got beaten at the backpost and conceded a goala few games ago.He alsonever commits to a full block when a shot comes in on the edge of the box. I dont have the stats now, but I have around4 or5 goals in my mind just in the last year alone where we conceded with the shot going under Chilwell because he kind of avoided the full block. I dont want to say this but he looked a bitlacking in courage ... or maybe there is a better word that is less offensive. But his blocks always seem half hearted and fearful of actually blocking it. Soyuncu, Evans, Fuchsand Ricardo are at the other end of the spectrum - they go all out charging at the ball (still remember that last ditch goal saving tackle from Fuchs a few yards out earlier in the season where Fuchsslid in at full speed with his foot outstretched to get a touch to diverta sure goal around the post; or those Soyuncu lunges at top speed and sideways in the air to block one on one shots). Very disappointed at this aspect of Chilwells game.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxymcoxy said:

Fuchs is better and I would put albrighton on the left as another option,

chilwell really is decent at the very best

2 hours ago, Foxymcoxy said:

Justin. Here already. Also Fuchs.

Edited by Tom12345

Guardiola knows a good player when he sees one and despite what he says his actions speak louder than words. This is why he never came in for Maguire and kind of helped us get 瞿85m from Man Utd. This is also why he has not and will not come in for Chilwell despite the press wanting previously to write a story about it. He did come in for Mahrez, but he knew he needed to work on him so he froze him out a little bit and look now at how Mahrez is an even better player. If Chilwell is at Man City, he would have been dropped ages ago and Guardiola may eventrya defensive midfielderat left back.

Edited by Tom12345

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Guardiola knows a good player when he sees one and despite what he says his actions speak louder than words.

Maguire looked very good in an average team,

chilwell looks average in a very good team

thats the difference

Sorry but as much promise as Justin has and as much as I've liked his cameos so far, he is not better than Chilwell.

2 hours ago, shade said:

he's obviously a good player with a few weaknesses who's in bad form, the problem with this forum, and society in general at the moment, is people have to be vitriolic and overly polarised in their opinion, something's either shit or amazing. sometimes things can be somewhere in between.

Tbf when you say opinions are overly polarised in their opinion, but you next comment about something being either shit or amazing pretty much sums up chilwells season. Shit more than amazonf though for us.

If it wasn't for the Southampton match i would have written him off completely. That was an amazing performance. However, last night was shit and most of the others have been far closer.to shit than amazing.

When i saw Chelsea would pay 瞿100m to 瞿150m I'd snap their ****ing hands off but im coming round to the same response at 瞿60m.

Ricardo is the benchmark and as far as being somewhere in between, there must be better at that money.

If it wasnt for devaluing a highly likely sale in the next couple of years i would be happy to see justin given a proper go.

Each to their own. I'm not a big fan though personally.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sorry but as much promise as Justin has and as much as I've liked his cameos so far, he is not better than Chilwell.

Absolutely. Im really not sure what the **** these people are on about. Chilwell is shite? Right ok.How on earth can James Justin be considered better right now?

Be careful what you wish for you lot. Im sure some of you wont be happy again til were finishing 18th in the championship every year with Alan Maybury and Darren Kenton as fullbacks.

• Like 2

Why has this thread not descended into pure satire yet? FT is definitely slowing down, must be something to do with global whatcha'ma'call'its.