Sign in to follow this  
happy85

Ben Chilwell

23 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Discussing backpacks and hair products

Pfft. Unlikely, where was Madders.... 

• Haha 1

On 10/01/2020 at 08:33, An Sionnach said:

There is only one English defender period , of the highest class and that is Trent Alexander Arnold. The days of Terry, Ferdinand and Cole are long gone. Which ever side of this argument you are on Chilwell is at best controversial. We have four fifths of a high class defence and we are doing well. Yes we can carry him until hopefully he reaches the standard of the others but he cannot escape criticism if he plays poorly. Surely he must know that he is not producing the goods and it is up to him to work and work until we , on this thread , have nothing much to really talk about.

Trent is top class but he's not a defender, and i doubt he'd be half the player he is if he wasn't playing in that system. 

On 09/01/2020 at 18:31, Jimmy said:

what does not being good on his right foot have to do with getting to the by line and drilling a cross? he doesn't do it because he doesn't have a wingers instinct, Ricardo does, Albrighton and Gray do but neither Barnes nor Chilwell do?

His crossing is fine for England as they have good movement and get more than the striker into the box

Sorry wasn't clear. I was referring more to when he stops and turns back. I think if he was stronger on his right foot he would also have more options to drive infield rather than just going down the line.Still would like to see him get to the byline more. He can be pretty good when running at defences. Maybe as you say he lacks the natural instinct.

3 hours ago, shailen said:

It is like a school report - turning all the negatives into positives for parents to feel happy about the kid and the school.  Commitment to making backpasses becomes high accuracy in passing and making less risky long passes.  Also written by someone who doesn’t really watch the games like we do - just someone who looks at some stats, finds a few videos of him to justify his standard worded analysis, and then issues it as a detailed analysis.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Trent is top class but he's not a defender, and i doubt he'd be half the player he is if he wasn't playing in that system. 

At least he adds value ... and contributes brilliantly in attack ...

I think we all support Chilwell - just that we want him to recognise his failings (and not moan about others) and improve and if he has a long string of bad games he should sit on the bench like everybody else, for his development.  That’s all. We otherwise want him to be a good player.

Edited by Tom12345

4 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

At least he adds value ... and contribute brilliantly in attack ...

Contributing more than the city left backs, and look at those headers. We're blessed to have him.

Screenshot_20200111-101056_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

I would rather anyone play left-wing back than Chilwell today. Same team as villa and we lose today

The second part is not true.

Better finishing at villa and we're 5-1 up at half time

Has all the attributes to be one of the worlds top left backs. The way he played in England’s epic away win over Spain proves that.

However, like at the start of the season he is clearly struggling with his confidence over the last few weeks, possibly ever since Mahrez tore him a new one at Man City.

I think playing with Barnes, particularly at home, really takes the pressure off him going forward.

15 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

It is like a school report - turning all the negatives into positives for parents to feel happy about the kid and the school.  Commitment to making backpasses becomes high accuracy in passing and making less risky long passes.  Also written by someone who doesn’t really watch the games like we do - just someone who looks at some stats, find a few videos of him to justify his standard worded analysis, and then issue it as a detailed analysis.

Could argue that the other way as well mate with some of the posts on here. Everyone seems to ignore his positives, his energy, stamina, arieal ability, willingness to be an outlet all game. 

Wasnt long ago this entire forum were crying about the thought of him leaving. Funny fickleness. A good game today and the haters will be pricing him at 150m.

• Haha 1

The pattern is 1. He has another bad match 2. He gets his arse kicked on here( mostly but not always deservedly)  3. The B.C.App.Soc. disappear. 4. The thread goes relatively quiet. 5. The B.C.App. Soc.  reappear in force. And so it goes ,it goes etc.

On 08/01/2020 at 22:05, NotTheMarketLeader said:

What are you on about, he’s got pace (his only attribute) that’s exactly what he should have been doing; taking on the full back ffs🤷🏻‍♂️

You alright mate? It's no use taking on a full back to put a cross in to NO ONE. I'd rather him use his pace to get us up the pitch and for us to keep possession. Whys everyone so obsessed with his crossing? Fyi, i certainly wouldn't say pace is his "only attribute"... He's not Englands first choice left back for that sole reason, is he? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is FT the only fans forum where we can have a thread knocking fellow supporters of our team for not going River Plate mental in their singing and cheering for the team and then have 3 or 4 separate threads slating individual players and want them sold asap.....help guys wot is it I'm meant to do support or jeer?

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Wasnt long ago this entire forum were crying about the thought of him leaving. Funny fickleness. A good game today and the haters will be pricing him at 150m.

It’s not going well at the moment. Chilwell gave the ball away when we were in a promising attack when under no pressure and then from the resulting counter-attack stood off Armstrong and allowed him more than enough space to shoot and score. The nature of the goal sucked the life out of the stadium tbh. Rodgers needs to do some major work on Chillers and some of the others to turn this game around.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Will the Ben Chilwell App. Soc. please take a long rest ffs. The lad needs a long rest otherwise I fear for his career.

Gee, you were spot on, Ben was poor again. You must be so proud. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Will the Ben Chilwell App. Soc. please take a long rest ffs. The lad needs a long rest otherwise I fear for his career.

You must be buzzing

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Gee, you were spot on, Ben was poor again. You must be so proud. 

Of course I'm not , he is far better than his current form but you can't keep flogging a dead horse.

1 hour ago, M0901 said:

You alright mate? It's no use taking on a full back to put a cross in to NO ONE. I'd rather him use his pace to get us up the pitch and for us to keep possession. Whys everyone so obsessed with his crossing? Fyi, i certainly wouldn't say pace is his "only attribute"... He's not Englands first choice left back for that sole reason, is he? 

Yes he is.

He can’t pass or defend. Watch our games rather than assuming he is good because he has a few England caps.

He is truly awful....and once again showed that again today.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Of course I'm not , he is far better than his current form but you can't keep flogging a dead horse.

I do hear you, he is better, but Christ, not at the minute. Guess it just depends how much patience we can afford.

Today, everyone was at least a bit crack mind.

Probably in the worst slump of his young career right now.

Somebody quote the exact amount of times he needlessly gave the ball away today. Must be close to 40.