Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
happy85

Ben Chilwell

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, majaco said:

I was appalled at the way Chilwell was treated by our fans yesterday.

 

You could see his confidence drain  the first time he made an error.

 

He did not have a good game but he is our player.  We should be behind him.  He is talented; he is the England left back who came through our academy.

 

I trust Rodgers to deal with this.  The necessary man-management is undermined by our own  fans.

 

Fans should be supporters too particularly of a team that has done so well this season.

2 sides to a coin, I agree with both sides. He needs to understand, poor performances are not acceptable, and vice versa, fans need not get on his back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

My main frustration with him, which imagine is shared by a few fans who perhaps boil over into making sell him now kind of statements is he seems undroppable. He’s not performing, Fuchs is doing a decent job when he gets his chance and we are persisting with Chillwell as he’s the future and Fuchs is in his twilight years.

 

Its got to the stage now where he needs to be shown performance is key in keeping your place, and if there’s a better option they’ll get the nod ahead of you whether you need minutes on the pitch to develop or not. 
 

Ive no doubt he can come good but in the immediate future he could do with a few games being reminded a place in our side needs to be earned.

 

 

Seeing Brendan drop Tielemans I think chillwell will be next if he doesn’t show a massive improvement next game. All smiles before and after a game does not mask a poor performance. He needs to take the criticism on the chin and accept the only way to change the perception is to start working harder on his A game. Of course we support our players but we’re entitled to let them know when they haven’t been good enough. They are men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frustrating. You just know that if he went Man City, under Pep, he'd be the best LB in the league, if not Europe. 

 

Not sure at the minute if its a lack of confidence or ability but he's and evident weekness. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Frustrating. You just know that if he went Man City, under Pep, he'd be the best LB in the league, if not Europe. 

 

Not sure at the minute if its a lack of confidence or ability but he's and evident weekness. 

 

Pep would never tolerate his technical problems. Even in top form they can be exposed as he has found out with Stones.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, majaco said:

I was appalled at the way Chilwell was treated by our fans yesterday.

 

You could see his confidence drain  the first time he made an error.

 

He did not have a good game but he is our player.  We should be behind him.  He is talented; he is the England left back who came through our academy.

 

I trust Rodgers to deal with this.  The necessary man-management is undermined by our own  fans.

 

Fans should be supporters too particularly of a team that has done so well this season.

The problem here though is though is that Chilwell was just so genuinely appalling he never gave the fans a chance to get back on his side. No crunching tackle or run and cross leading to a chance, just endless passes out of play and straight to Southampton. You can argue that fans should support him regardless but no player in the world is gonna have the fans singing for or applauding him after making five consecutive errors and Chilwell seemed to make far more than that. In that situation he needed subbing to take him out of the firing line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair to him he had no support from the left hand side and had no passing options. I think the obsession with playing out from the back all the time needs to be more flexible as we constantly gave the ball away in dangerous situations. Better to lose it in their half from a long ball at times I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

To be fair to him he had no support from the left hand side and had no passing options. I think the obsession with playing out from the back all the time needs to be more flexible as we constantly gave the ball away in dangerous situations. Better to lose it in their half from a long ball at times I think.

As I have said stop kicking Chilwell and start kicking Rodgers. He selects out of form players and determines the tactics.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

2 sides to a coin, I agree with both sides. He needs to understand, poor performances are not acceptable, and vice versa, fans need not get on his back.

So your saying he thinks a poor performance is exceptable and fans think that getting stuck into him is to improve his performance or they need to let him know because he doesnt know when he is playing bad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Anybody seen this Mercury link by Jamie Kimble? It’s just a load of quotes from FT - quality journalism.

 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-news-chilwell-3732842.amp

 

@Ric Flair

 

Hahahaaa I feared the worst when you tagged me in this, surprised my comment wasn't much worse than that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely professional players are not that flakey?

They were all fans once so should know what’s its like to watch performances. Fans should be allowed to express their displeasure if the performance is well below par. Obviously I draw the line at bullying or singling some out fir abuse. First try the positive encouragement. If it keeps happening than its on the manager. Maybe chilly just needs along hard rest. Some time to reflect and work in improving away from the pressure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Surely professional players are not that flakey?

They were all fans once so should know what’s its like to watch performances. Fans should be allowed to express their displeasure if the performance is well below par. Obviously I draw the line at bullying or singling some out fir abuse. First try the positive encouragement. If it keeps happening than its on the manager. Maybe chilly just needs along hard rest. Some time to reflect and work in improving away from the pressure.

If Chilwell harbours ambitions of being England's left back for the next decade he'll face far more hostile atmospheres than a sedate KP cheering a completed pass. 

 

The idea that this players need nannying is weird. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Seeing Brendan drop Tielemans I think chillwell will be next if he doesn’t show a massive improvement next game. All smiles before and after a game does not mask a poor performance. He needs to take the criticism on the chin and accept the only way to change the perception is to start working harder on his A game. Of course we support our players but we’re entitled to let them know when they haven’t been good enough. They are men.

I will believe it when I see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

If Chilwell harbours ambitions of being England's left back for the next decade he'll face far more hostile atmospheres than a sedate KP cheering a completed pass. 

 

The idea that this players need nannying is weird. 

Well being told by 25000 people they will "see you next Tuesday" every week would probably wear anyone down after a while, let alone a young lad.

Home hostility is a different thing than opposition hostility, not even comparable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn’t seem like your average dimwit footballer, crowd not helping with confidence.

 

this is the same young lad that was scared to take a throw in at MIllwall.

 

needs some support 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, womp said:

So your saying he thinks a poor performance is exceptable and fans think that getting stuck into him is to improve his performance or they need to let him know because he doesnt know when he is playing bad.

 

No, but as a manager of people, it's my job to make sure poor performance is dealt with and this that are performing poorly understand the consequences and helped.  

 

Fans do all sorts of shit for all sorts of reasons, booing him isn't helping anyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think part of the reason Ben gets so much stick is because he can give the appearance of not being too fussed if he plays awfully and the team loses. Chatting and having a laugh with an opponent that he knows  at the final whistle is hardly a heinous crime but I’d like to see him pissed off and not engaging in the social pleasantries any more than he has to at that particular moment. 

 

Last season after a home loss it was quite clear that Ricky P was really pissed off. After  applauding the fans and quick handshakes with the opposition he was off down the tunnel clearly unhappy. I thought that’s what I want to see in those circumstances. Someone who isn’t fine when we lose or they play rubbish. That type of reaction might result in a more forgiving approach from some fans. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben Chilwell has been poor recently, particularly the last two games. However I do feel like our fans are being way too reactionary and turning on him. He’s still only 22 & IMO has lots of potential. It’s clear to see his confidence is low, so I don’t think it helps when people are groaning & slating him in the stands. Get behind the lad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

He made so many bad decisions during the game it was frightful. Just give Justin a chance at LB for a few games.

First part, I agree with. I've no doubt he will become a top player week in, week out but more work is needed on the weaker parts of his game. Hes till seems to be suffering from the 'run-around' given to him by Mahrez who had so much space. Second part -  giving Justin games at left back when he has been used to playing right back would be hard on a young player with only one start. I know he has played left back previously, but I think he needs to be comfortable with PL standards before playing him in a position he does not usually play in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The difference between Chllwell and Ricardo is a mile ability,attutude,effort,end product..Not helped by the rest of the team but. 

He was very very poor on Saturday still completely one footed saw it on wednesday  as well when we were sitting front rows.

Please do not say he needs time only young -the young man(briian clough)needs to get his head into gear and if his is picked get stuck in concentrate and play every minute like it matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chilwell was awful on Saturday, but then he was in good company! I am also not entirely comfortable with the treatment he recieved. I understand the logic that we as Leicester fans have paid our money and as such we have a right to vent our feelings towards our players, but I cannot but think that those who are most vocal in their criticism are those who have absolutely no perspective. We have never had it so good. We have never had such a strong squad. Those who think differently, obviously didn't have the pleasure of watching the likes of Junior Lewis, Nicky Mohan, etc.

 

As an aside, I am also not convinced selling Chilwell is such a great idea. I can see the logic of 'cashing' him whilst his stock is pretty high, but we are forgetting how this would further support the idea that we are a 'selling club'. If we want to keep hold of best players and be able to attract good players, selling our first team players to our top 6 rivals is not the way to go about it.

 

Let's get behind our players - why would you not?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...