Sign in to follow this  
happy85

Ben Chilwell

Needs to be dropped. He's become complacent, his drop in form very much seems to coincide with the Chelsea rumours.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

If we're going to play him we need to change his position. Either play three at the back and he can go to wing-back or push him further forward and stick Fuchs at left-back because he's being exposed and it is costing us.

He can’t play wing back either, we tried that against Aston Villa in the first leg of the cup semi final and he spent 90 minutes passing it backwards to Fuchs.

He needs to be dropped for the rest of the season. Hopefully he comes back in the summer with a point to prove because there’s a really good player in there somewhere, but he’s been poor or worse in at least half our games this season. 

Edited by ttfn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Bet you're fun at parties, and that's coming from a man with 25k posts on a ****ing forum

So you’re telling me that you rate Ben Chilwell as a player? 

He lacks confidence which has translated in a lack of conviction in his game. He neither goes forward with real intent nor looks like he believes in playing out from the back. When we were good earlier this season, he did both with confidence. He needs to get this back ASAP. 

• Like 1

Can't attack, and mostly and most worryingly, can't defend. Has apparently forgotten all the basics.
And that for a full-back.

Wouldn't make him out to be the sole responsible for his drop in form, though. I think other players' negative or lacklustre attitude is rubbing off him, in particular Maddison's.

• Like 4

I think he needs time out and extra attention and man management. His confidence is shot and I felt tonight like his team have lost faith in him. He needs time out before he doesnt come back from this. He is a good player under all this and needs his head sorting out. Brendan needs to step in and help him!

10 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Bang average and yeah poor for the goal but he is far from the biggest problems at the moment

I agree we have lots of problems, but he is easily the worst surely

Not sharp enough over 90 minutes. I know he’s not the smartest but the kids brain just seems to switch off sometimes. Needs dropping.

It has reached the point now that players are noticeably avoiding passing the ball to him when it's the most obvious choice to make.

Of course we have other issues, but that's one hell of a problem to have.

So much of modern football goes through full backs.

Edited by Nod.E

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I agree we have lots of problems, but he is easily the worst surely

Nahhh, for me Barnes has been playing like a competition winner, headless and chicken spring to mind. Poor quality wingers and Hopelessly out of form central midfielders Maddison and Tielemans are far bigger overall concerns for me

Just now, Nod.E said:

It has reached the point now that players are noticeably avoiding passing the ball to him when it's the most obvious choice to make.

I noticed that tonight, soyuncu completely ignored him several times, Evan's was visibly frustrated with him! I think he needs time out and some serious man management. His head has completely gone. We know what he is capable of and he is in tatters. Brendan needs to step in and sort him out before it's too late.  He needs some serious confidence coaching.

• Like 1

He tanks it forward really well. Hits that white line and is beyond clueless. It's like the oppos box has a forcefield around it. He has not the foggiest what to do with the ball. I'd make him watch videos of Robertson, strapped to a chair like that fella in Clockwork Orange. 

15 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm saying that constantly banging the terrible drum doesn't make you the oracle of football knowledge.

So if you don’t disagree then whats the problem with expressing my *correct* decision on this post then? Why aren’t you commenting on any other post slating his performance?

Clearly 25,000 posts doesn’t make you the oracle of football knowledge. 

• Haha 1

Honestly Justin would do a better job at LB than him. Chilwell is painful to watch. £50m in the summer would be unbelievable! 

Take the Money and let him go. He's clueless and despite seeing plenty of the Ball delivers nothing. When he gets into a forward position he refuses to take on the defender. preferring to check back and play a backwards pass. 

• Like 1

And what’s more...he’d have had an almighty bollocking after failing to even try & stop the cross coming in for Wood’s goal for Burnley at the KP.

Has it changed him? I’m yet to see him even try and stop a cross. He’s beginning to look as brainless as Schluppy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We have to go to 3-4-1-2 now and give Justin a try at left wing back, Chilwell is completely pointless if we go to that formation but I do think we need 2 up front to try and grind some wins out otherwise we have fcuked it.

• Like 1

On 23/02/2020 at 07:54, FLAN said:

Sick of seeing him flouncing about when a ball is in the air which is his to win. Seems to get himself in completely the wrong position to win it and today got outmanoeuvred by Mahrez and Jesus in these situations.  I just don’t get the hype 

He is a pretty poor defender, average dribbler, poor passer of the ball, not that creative, can run around a bit and pretend to be a good midfielder, can shout at others, etc. 

He is pretty average to me. Has always been average. Has always frustrated me to see him play ahead of Fuchs from a few seasons ago when a younger Fuchs was clearly way better and even a current Fuchs is still pretty good.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, maynefox said:

Honestly Justin would do a better job at LB than him. Chilwell is painful to watch. £50m in the summer would be unbelievable! 

Yeah, bench him or sell him. Good to have him as a backup but it is painful to see him get selected by Rodgers as a regular non-droppable first team player.

Edited by Tom12345

59 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

enjoyed wilf in injury time, with the ball, just pointing at where chilwell should've been and shouting at him to go there so he could pass to him, then not passing to him anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still dont get the hate for him but he needs to be left out for 3-4 games minimum. Everyone has forgot or will deny this ever happened but early in the season he was excellent and obviously something isn't right with him. Bring Fuchs or Justin in for now.

• Like 1