Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Leicester 2 Burnley 1 Post match thread

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Wtf that doesn't make sense lol

If it's a push it's a push. Why should that be allowed if it's been spotted then Garth lol

👍👍

It’s like when commentators say “he was just onside there, the goal should stand.”  

No. Fvck off. He was either on or off. Like a switch mate. There’s only one or the other. No grey area in that. 

That’s what infuriates me. 

• Like 2

Burnley are a well oiled outfit. Still can't stand the pricks. Good win but our xG doesn't look impressive.

I thought we just about deserved the win today.

Burnley scored with their first attack and then proceeded to waste as much time as possible but after we went 2-1 up they showed that they’re a really decent outfit (as they did in glimpses beforehand). For a while it was trendy to say that Stoke under Pulis were more than a long ball team and I personally never got that. But Burnley - the Stoke of our time - pleasantly surprised me when they actually tried to play, which makes it alll the more disappointing that they spent 90% of the game trying to spoil it.

I thought Perez looked excellent until Burnley went ahead, some lovely one touch flicks and lay offs and some great movement off the ball - he gave Pieters a really hard time. But thereafter he was once again totally ineffectual. People need to wake up to the fact that he will be next to useless for 90% of the season, much as he is every season. There will come a point - probably February or March - where he goes mad and scores 5 goals in 3 games but until that point we need to hope that he continues to chug along in a way which doesn’t negatively impact the team.

Maddison’s decision making was poor today, which is a shame as it appeared to be something he’d improved significantly from last year.

Another solid game from Wilf, who has established himself as our most important player. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Anyone think kasper a bit poor today... or is it just me.  I dont want him gone I just want him to work on his gane

He wasn’t at his best today but he’s been excellent so far this season so I won’t be too critical, I thought he was fairly commanding and came out well for crosses which is usually the weak area of his game!

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Burnley are a well oiled outfit. Still can't stand the pricks. Good win but our xG doesn't look impressive.

Not a pop at you mate.

As long as actual goals continue to reap actual points, xG can go suck on someone else's spreadsheet 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I didn’t think we were as bad as some people are making out. They’re an incredibly hard team to play against and break down. We were patient throughout and got our just rewards. Our biggest problem today was that we seemed to put pressure on ourselves. 

By the way. How infuriating is Chilwell at times? The amount of times he goes backwards when he could have a go is so frustrating. 

• Like 1

Not a thriller and not our best performance but we've ground out a victory, two very well worked and finished goals. Maybe some luck with the disallowed goal, I'll judge later on MOTD.

At times our tempo was too slow and other times we stepped it up and looked threatening. Burnley were very well organised with a threat so it wasn't a comfortable match but I felt we defended their set-pieces particularly well.

A very encouraging couple of months results-wise and I think we can improve in some areas too.

4 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Dyche had stupid face. So I ate him.

Itchy. Tasty.

lol Thanks. I knew someone would remember it.

• Haha 1

Everytime I start to feel sympathy for Burnley I just remember that goal by Vokes a few seasons back that he put in with his hand and ran away celebrating eventhough he knew he cheated. What goes around... 

• Like 2

Burnley remind me so much of Stoke from a few years back. 

They're a solid team, but will offer little threat apart from aerially and with crosses

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I didn’t think we were as bad as some people are making out. They’re an incredibly hard team to play against and break down. We were patient throughout and got our just rewards. Our biggest problem today was that we seemed to put pressure on ourselves. 

By the way. How infuriating is Chilwell at times? The amount of times he goes backwards when he could have a go is so frustrating. 

I wish he’d roll the ball into the forward players (mainly Barnes and Maddison) feet far more often than he does, even when they have their back to goal/ a fullback pressing them. 

51 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Everytime I start to feel sympathy for Burnley I just remember that goal by Vokes a few seasons back that he put in with his hand and ran away celebrating eventhough he knew he cheated. What goes around... 

Or, let's not forget that last season, Maguire got sent off for a very similar trip - and I'm sure the boiled egg head thought that was definitely a foul. Dyche is a cretin, always whinging about refs, while his "honest" lads are diving, fouling and time wasting all over the pitch. He's a modern day Neil Warnock.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11708/11667929/harry-maguire-red-card-shocked-burnley-says-sean-dyche

• Like 1

What really pleased me again today was the amount of young players either starting or being brought on:

James Maddison

Ben Chilwell

Youri Tielemans

Dennis Praet

Demarai Gray

Harvey Barnes

Caglar Söyüncü

All 25 or younger.

Then Choudhury and Justin on the bench, plus Ricardo Pereira and Perez at 26 just scraping that limit.

Part of me still hopes Iheanacho (23) to get more minutes and to come good, as well.

The future's bright, the future's Leicester.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

Another game we might have drawn with a whimper last year. We are putting teams to the sword and that is crucial if we're aiming for Europe.

Demarai Gray was in the mixer today weren't he, should seldom start a game but shows how useful he is when the game needs stretching.