Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester banked £80m lump sum from Manchester United for Harry Maguire - and Brendan Rodgers is preparing to spend it

9 hours ago, Corky said:

Winger or striker is a more pressing concern.

Exactly this! Morgan will need replacing in the summer but not before then. 

Our current team team with a 10 goals / assists winger in it reaches the Champions League it’s as simple as that. We’ve got the right manager in charge, we’ve got the money, so let’s back him!

9 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I’ve seen a lot of fans desperate for a new winger, but of the current 4, but who should be at expense for a new signing? Surely we can’t keep 5 wingers happy? 

Striker one is difficult too, how do you get someone who is a good goalscorer and is happy to be second choice behind Vardy, any ideas who we could go for?

Gray and Albrighton don't contribute enough goals or assists.

We need a winger who will score 10-15 a season.

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Exactly this! Morgan will need replacing in the summer but not before then. 

Our current team team with a 10 goals / assists winger in it reaches the Champions League it’s as simple as that. We’ve got the right manager in charge, we’ve got the money, so let’s back him!

Agreed. We need a Mahrez to link with Vardy and I think we can get top 4!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

As Percy is so close to the club there’s either truth to it or it’s being published for a reason. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we are already negotiating for some players and are using the “oh we can’t pay more than 20m because we need to spend 50m to replace Maguire” excuse even if it’s untrue. 

Yeah, a bit of naughty lying sounds about right.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Wouldn't mind Callum Wilson as backup striker. Not sure he'd want that role though. Good straight swap for Vardes. 

Winger is tough. I can't think of any that stand out at the minute for any club. 

I like Wilson but isn’t he pretty injury prone?

I’d like to see us in for a great young Championship striker or even League 1

Someone with a point to prove.

• Like 1

The only player that gets into our 11 at the moment is a winger/wide man (and that could be the different between top 4 and 6/7/8 place)... I think we can survive the season with Vardy as our striker and the sort of caliber we will be looking at wont play second fiddle.

If vardy had a knock for a game or 2 Perez can play as a striker and is just as hardworking but obviously not as good... id rather go all out of a winger than split the money between winger and striker in January.. on my head be it lol 

Edited by les-tah

Percy is usually spot on. If rodgers is after a striker and cb, then he must think that 3-5-2 is a possible formation that will flourish with the players available. We could still fit Barnes, albrighton, gray and perez into that system. 

Personally I would prefer to go big on a winger but if we could add another class cb to compliment cags and Evans and a goalscorer, we would be really hard to break down and still have enough of a threat with vardy. 

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I like Wilson but isn’t he pretty injury prone?

I’d like to see us in for a great young Championship striker or even League 1

Someone with a point to prove.

he's also 27, which isn't a bad age but he's also a pace striker with a history of injuries  

We clearly need to be prepared for when Morgan goes, and if Benkovic follows Caglar's route, then he won`t be ready for another year.

This likely means we are one injury to Caglar or Jonny to fielding Wes week in, week out.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Winger is our only priority really, and even then it has to be someone who is going to make a difference now. Not someone who we hope will come good in the future.

We need a striker and I think it would be a good idea to get someone in if available, someone who will be able to use the rest of the season to adapt ahead of playing a bigger part next season. At some point we will need to rest Vardy, or sub him.

I recall there were reports of a late swoop for Merih Demiral of Juventus. 21 years old, 6 ft 3, Turkish international. He lined up along side Cags during the international break to which they got refered to as the 'Turkish Wall'. 

I believe he only signed for Juve last summer but also belive he has only made one appearance this season. I wouldn't mind seeing him being brought in in the summer to form a long term partnership with Cags, with Benny the next in line.

I don't know the figure reported but it would be a much cheaper (and better quality) alternative then any of the usual premier league suspects...

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Domenico Berradi of Sassuolo has 6 goals and 2 assists in 9 games this season, one of the best wingers currently in Seria A and plays wide right. Worth a look? 

Had plenty of chances to leave but doesn't want too. Was co-owned by Juve but insisted at staying with Sassuolo. 

41 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Domenico Berradi of Sassuolo has 6 goals and 2 assists in 9 games this season, one of the best wingers currently in Seria A and plays wide right. Worth a look? 

I mentioned him on twitter yesterday but one lad reckons he's been bang average at Sassulo for a few years now and that's why he's failed to get his big move. Apparently the stats look good, but overall he's not all that. I must admit I don't know much about him.

This Stengs at AZ Alkmaar looks interesting.

If anyone thinks we are going to get someone like Callum Wilson to come and play 2nd fiddle to Vardy are off their heads. Whoever we get is literally feeding off a few mins here and there, it's a hard situation for us to solve. I'm not so sure a young, raw striker is the answer either as we'll stagnate them if they aren't playing football. If anything, we need a 34-35 year old who still can come in and nick goals every so often like Fuchs comes in for Chilwell and never lets us down. Giroud wouldn't come here and sit on the bench but someone of that stage of their career.

• Like 3