Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
urban.spaceman

Leicester banked £80m lump sum from Manchester United for Harry Maguire - and Brendan Rodgers is preparing to spend it

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's also a complete all-round striker too by the looks of it. I read something about him recently that he was always a quick, lean type of striker but has had some extraordinary growth spurt, so now has the physical powerhouse element to go with what he originally had.

 

He could be another Zlatan honestly.

He’s rapid an can run with ball whereas Ibrahimovic never really could. EBH can do literally everything you’d want in a striker, genetic freak 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He’s rapid an can run with ball whereas Ibrahimovic never really could. EBH can do literally everything you’d want in a striker, genetic freak 

That's basically why we've got no chance. Know a few have said they'll move him onto Leipzig but he looks like a generational talent and the top clubs won't risk someone else gettng in first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuchs that, 65 mill + Demari for Zaha. Our scoring numbers are well below what a 3rd place Prem team should have. Zaha is an elite RW. He will make our attacking players better by demanding extra attention. He would play a similar role to Mahrez for us, as he can beat defenders off the dribble and make something happen against a low block. Go borrow a young defender from somewhere and buy more goals, it is a no-brainer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once completely fit, why not have Amartey train to be our backup CB? Was his main position for his country, right? (And it is doubtful he would be ahead of Ndidi, Hamza, or JJ in the other positions.) I hope Rodgers at least considers the possibility.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Once completely fit, why not have Amartey train to be our backup CB? Was his main position for his country, right? (And it is doubtful he would be ahead of Ndidi, Hamza, or JJ in the other positions.) I hope Rodgers at least considers the possibility.

Good shout, we can wait until summer to sign a backup centreback, when it's easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vanity said:

Fuchs that, 65 mill + Demari for Zaha. Our scoring numbers are well below what a 3rd place Prem team should have. Zaha is an elite RW. He will make our attacking players better by demanding extra attention. He would play a similar role to Mahrez for us, as he can beat defenders off the dribble and make something happen against a low block. Go borrow a young defender from somewhere and buy more goals, it is a no-brainer.

i agree with the extra attention.. We need a player that other teams need to worry about and allows Maddison and Co to have even more space.. This is why its so hard to play against teams like liverpool and Man City because they have countless players that can make so much happen.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, les-tah said:

i agree with the extra attention.. We need a player that other teams need to worry about and allows Maddison and Co to have even more space.. This is why its so hard to play against teams like liverpool and Man City because they have countless players that can make so much happen.

Get Denis Wise bacK? :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

If we're after another cb, what about Eric Dier. I know people have mixed opinions on him and what his best position is but for me, his attributes have always pointed to him being a better centre back than defensive midfielder. Spurs supposedly want rid, his wages are reasonable at 60k and he also offers another option in midfield. 25 years old with 40 caps under his belt and possibly a point to prove to get back into the England squad. I think he'd certainly be less risky than an unknown from a foreign league and having Evans, Soyuncu and Dier as options with Wes incase of emergency sounds good to me. All that said, the price has to be right of course! 

Eric Dier's best position is CDM, and he'd probably be at best 3rd choice for us there behind Ndidi and Hamza, and possibly even Mendy too. At CB he'd be awful, and he plays for spurs so Levy will want a ridiculous fee for him. Avoid at all costs.

 

When he's fit Amartey can do everything that Dier can do, and is probably better at a lot of it. Certainly at CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2019 at 09:02, StriderHiryu said:

Domenico Berradi of Sassuolo has 6 goals and 2 assists in 9 games this season, one of the best wingers currently in Seria A and plays wide right. Worth a look? 

Brilliant shout this. For me personally I would be looking at Seria A for a few players either in the January window or in the summer. As you’ve stated Berrardi for me is an upgrade to our other options out wide. Belloti is another player I would personally be looking to bring in as competition for Vardy. He’s started the season with 5 goals & a assist in 8 game so far this season in quite an average Torino side. 
 

Finally for me with regards to centre back we should be looking at Jamal Lascelles as our option at centre back. Can’t see him costing more than £30m he’s in his prime & already has family that live in Leicester (his brother plays for the leicester riders) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Brilliant shout this. For me personally I would be looking at Seria A for a few players either in the January window or in the summer. As you’ve stated Berrardi for me is an upgrade to our other options out wide. Belloti is another player I would personally be looking to bring in as competition for Vardy. He’s started the season with 5 goals & a assist in 8 game so far this season in quite an average Torino side. 
 

Finally for me with regards to centre back we should be looking at Jamal Lascelles as our option at centre back. Can’t see him costing more than £30m he’s in his prime & already has family that live in Leicester (his brother plays for the leicester riders) 

Bloke is a clogger. Not the worst out and out defender in the world but signing him wouldn't be progressive at all. Not good enough with the ball at his feet.

 

Dunk and Tarkowski are both much better footballers for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Xen said:

Eric Dier's best position is CDM, and he'd probably be at best 3rd choice for us there behind Ndidi and Hamza, and possibly even Mendy too. At CB he'd be awful, and he plays for spurs so Levy will want a ridiculous fee for him. Avoid at all costs.

 

When he's fit Amartey can do everything that Dier can do, and is probably better at a lot of it. Certainly at CB.

Well I disagree that he'd be "awful" at centre back. He started out his playing career there and has played there a good amount for Spurs too. 

Screenshot_20191025-123325_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9991b27bfcfe14799b1c2369e2856f2c.jpg

 

I love Hamza but there is no way he's better than Dier, and Mendy isn't even close. Dier has played first team football in a top 4 team for 4/5 years whereas Hamza is still learning his trade with occasional performances for us. People love to call Dier shit but you don't make 40 appearances for England without something about you. And to say Amartey can do everything Dier can do is taking the biscuit. 

 

As for cost, I did say that Spurs WANT to sell, they just bought in Le Celso and Ndombele for big money. I even went as far as to say its only a suggestion if the price is right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Goober said:

Bloke is a clogger. Not the worst out and out defender in the world but signing him wouldn't be progressive at all. Not good enough with the ball at his feet.

 

Dunk and Tarkowski are both much better footballers for me

Agreed, however I can’t see either coming here without assurances of a starting 11 spot. We simply cannot offer that. The money being spoken about both Dunk & Tarkowski is ludicrous also. Lascelles isn’t the best ball player, but he is a good defender, he’s a natural leader who could replace that leadership role Wes will leave behind eventually & I would imagine he would be available at a decent price as we all know how excited Mike Ashley gets when he see’s a few million. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Well I disagree that he'd be "awful" at centre back. He started out his playing career there and has played there a good amount for Spurs too. 

Screenshot_20191025-123325_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9991b27bfcfe14799b1c2369e2856f2c.jpg

 

I love Hamza but there is no way he's better than Dier, and Mendy isn't even close. Dier has played first team football in a top 4 team for 4/5 years whereas Hamza is still learning his trade with occasional performances for us. People love to call Dier shit but you don't make 40 appearances for England without something about you. And to say Amartey can do everything Dier can do is taking the biscuit. 

 

As for cost, I did say that Spurs WANT to sell, they just bought in Le Celso and Ndombele for big money. I even went as far as to say its only a suggestion if the price is right. 

Personally I would be very surprised if we went for a holding midfielder. Hamza is more than good enough to play that back up role. If we are to invest in another midfielder down the middle I wouldn’t be surprised to see us go for Maxime Lopez. There seemed to be genuine links in the summer & he fits exactly what Rodgers looks for. Gives you the options of CDM - Ndidi/Hamza, No.8 - Youri/Praet & No.10 Madders/Lopez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Brilliant shout this. For me personally I would be looking at Seria A for a few players either in the January window or in the summer. As you’ve stated Berrardi for me is an upgrade to our other options out wide. Belloti is another player I would personally be looking to bring in as competition for Vardy. He’s started the season with 5 goals & a assist in 8 game so far this season in quite an average Torino side. 
 

Finally for me with regards to centre back we should be looking at Jamal Lascelles as our option at centre back. Can’t see him costing more than £30m he’s in his prime & already has family that live in Leicester (his brother plays for the leicester riders) 

Rather go after his CB partner,  Fabian Schar. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

That's basically why we've got no chance. Know a few have said they'll move him onto Leipzig but he looks like a generational talent and the top clubs won't risk someone else gettng in first.

Agree with that. It’s hard to predict where he’ll go - Man City, Barca, Bayern and Juve all have an ageing Talisman so he seems the natural fit there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see us spending big in January. traditionally a bit of a non window. Clubs only willing to let go those players that are surplus to requirements or loans for those that need game time. if we are looking for genuine improvements on what we already have then that type of player is not likely to be available to us. I know that we got Youri that way last year but he was out of favour. Unless we can unearth another gem that is unsettled and/or pushing for a move in similar circumstances then I think we will not be splashing wads of cash until the summer.

We could do a lot worse than taking one of the young guns not getting game time at the likes of Man City or Chelsea etc (not specifically but someone like Foden for eg) and then, like Youri convincing them that LCFC is a great place to ply your trade.

I think that Benko will go out on loan to get fitness and then we will weigh up the options come the summer. I see no point in splashing out big bucks for a CB that will, at best, barring injuries most likely be a bench warmer for at least a season (although, if Benko does not make the grade we need decent quality cover) andand and where would we get better than what we have for realistic money?  We have a fantastic track record in finding and bringing through young talent and that is the way we should continue unless we can lure a real top class player to the club who would be an immediate starter and improve the side. The only position where I think we could do that is a wide man (NOT Zaha he is overrated and just don't see him fitting our profile/ethos)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Brilliant shout this. For me personally I would be looking at Seria A for a few players either in the January window or in the summer. As you’ve stated Berrardi for me is an upgrade to our other options out wide. Belloti is another player I would personally be looking to bring in as competition for Vardy. He’s started the season with 5 goals & a assist in 8 game so far this season in quite an average Torino side. 
 

Finally for me with regards to centre back we should be looking at Jamal Lascelles as our option at centre back. Can’t see him costing more than £30m he’s in his prime & already has family that live in Leicester (his brother plays for the leicester riders) 

Belotti is not coming here to compete with Vardy, are you mad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Well I disagree that he'd be "awful" at centre back. He started out his playing career there and has played there a good amount for Spurs too. 

I love Hamza but there is no way he's better than Dier, and Mendy isn't even close. Dier has played first team football in a top 4 team for 4/5 years whereas Hamza is still learning his trade with occasional performances for us. People love to call Dier shit but you don't make 40 appearances for England without something about you. And to say Amartey can do everything Dier can do is taking the biscuit. 

 

As for cost, I did say that Spurs WANT to sell, they just bought in Le Celso and Ndombele for big money. I even went as far as to say its only a suggestion if the price is right. 

Never personally seen him have a good game at CB - certainly not good enough to start for us ahead of Evans/Soyuncu which is the sort of level we should be looking at if we were to bring someone else in (given that we could be looking at a Champions League campaign, we need players good enough to start). At CB I'd rather have a fully fit (and younger!) Amartey who was in the AFCON team of the tournament and captaining his side from that position.

 

Hamza in my opinion has all the right ingredients to far surpass Dier when he has a bit more experience, and Mendy is actually a very decent CDM (although he doesn't play well alongside a second CDM like Ndidi). Maybe Dier would slot somewhere in the middle of the order, but my main point was that we've got enough quality there already and he wouldn't really improve us. 

 

Players can and do make appearances for England despite being bang average. Maddison and Mount were both overlooked last month in favour of established NT player Barkley (who was behind Mount at Chelsea!) as a prime example. Assuming Henderson is nailed, Dier's main competition at CM is Harry Winks ffs, hardly the highest caliber.

 

It's all irrelevant anyway as we won't buy another utility man, and we wont buy Dier as a dedicated CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people underestimate Hamza, it is only the fact that Ndidi is performing so well, that keeps him from a regular spot.

Very similiar players, think Hamza edges it going forward, Wilf defensively.

By the end of season, big problem for City to devise a way to play with both, because another 9 months, Hamza will have the vultures circling, if not a regular

As for Dier, no way would City be interested, he has nothing to offer that we do not already have in abundance.

Edited by treer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...