Jump to content
urban.spaceman

Southampton 0 - 9 (NINE) Leicester City A Post Match Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

The American side are full of the best female players in the world.

 

The team they played didn't have a single professional player in it.

And Southampton played like they didn't.  So I don't really see the difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Koke said:

And I do think the criticism of the USWNT was way over the top. So they do have a point.

Yes they have a point, it's just the ONLY point they use to differentiate the two is the players' gender. There's so many other factors involved that are conveniently set aside to pursue their argument. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

This chap is particularly upset about something. 
 

 

 

The last thing we need now is a man putting himself in the virtual chair of sole defender and advocate of US women's sokka. Guy's mental.

By sheer logic, please make way for a woman to complain about it. Just for parity and equality's sake.

 

State of Twitter these days. Btw, who gives a fook about women's football? Couldn't care less.

 

 

 

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The last thing we need now is a man putting himself in the virtual chair of sole defender and advocate of US women's sokka. Guy's mental.

By sheer logic, please make way for a woman to complain about it. Just for parity and equality's sake.

 

State of Twitter these days. Btw, who gives a fook about women's football? Couldn't care less.

 

 

 

Careful. Dahnsouff considers criticism of content am impingement on free speech. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Careful. Dahnsouff considers criticism of content am impingement on free speech. 

Mr. Ungar draws very odd conclusions, I have to say.

 

Can't really compare two professional teams competing against each other on the highest level (one obviously with a man down) with a game between a squad full of highly-paid female professionals, No.1 in the World for most of their existence, and the Thai women's national football team, currently placed 39th. The difference in quality is evident.

 

A Premier League game where it's about points and goal difference is also different to a World Cup fixture.

And it was a special occasion for us, one year after that terrible helicopter crash.

 

But "nuance" and "context" are words that don't exist in Mr. Ungar's vocabulary.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Mr. Ungar draws very odd conclusions, I have to say.

 

Can't really compare two professional teams competing against each other on the highest level (one obviously with a man down) with a game between a squad full of highly-paid female professionals, No.1 in the World for most of their existence, and the Thai women's national football team, currently placed 39th. The difference in quality is evident.

I agree completely. 

 

I just think people like him, self appointed equality criers, are the pits. The context means nothing. It's pointless virtue signaling. And it's ****ing exhausting. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Mr. Ungar draws very odd conclusions, I have to say.

 

Can't really compare two professional teams competing against each other on the highest level (one obviously with a man down) with a game between a squad full of highly-paid female professionals, No.1 in the World for most of their existence, and the Thai women's national football team, currently placed 39th. The difference in quality is evident.

Guess a similar example would us beating Burton or another league 1 team 13-0, which would be around 39 places difference. 

 

It's a pointless comparison and the guy clearly has a grudge of some sort 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Careful. Dahnsouff considers criticism of content am impingement on free speech. 

lol Do you recall the post that began our exchange?

Hey, free speech is what it is. Irritating as crap to read if you don’t like what is said.

Just  don’t read it

 

Maybe I am just suffering a post historic game issue :scarf:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Wouldn't normally but just replied to that last Matthew Ungar tweet where he's responded to Jake Humphrey. I get his point about the USWNT, but Jake was talking about our club culture and connection between the team and fans, along with the emotion of the year anniversary of the death of our chairman who instilled that culture. 

Everyone knows your real name now. Mwahahahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

lol Do you recall the post that began our exchange?

Hey, free speech is what it is. Irritating as crap to read if you don’t like what is said.

Just  don’t read it

 

I do. Any nothing that I've said was remotely suggestive of his not having a right to say what he wants.

 

He's exhausting and his brand of social justice is a 'toxic' as the masculinity he aims to undermine. 

 

I didn't say he couldn't say it. Just observed he's a tiring blowhard. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Everyone knows your real name now. Mwahahahaha

Stalker lol 

 

BTW if you're the one who liked the tweet then we all know yours too lol 

Edited by Facecloth
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I do. Any nothing that I've said was remotely suggestive of his not having a right to say what he wants.

 

He's exhausting and his brand of social justice is a 'toxic' as the masculinity he aims to undermine. 

 

I didn't say he couldn't say it. Just observed he's a tiring blowhard. 

Fair enough - will shut up :thumbup:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The last thing we need now is a man putting himself in the virtual chair of sole defender and advocate of US women's sokka. Guy's mental.

By sheer logic, please make way for a woman to complain about it. Just for parity and equality's sake.

 

State of Twitter these days. Btw, who gives a fook about women's football? Couldn't care less.

 

 

 

He thinks acting like a fool to defend women will get him some e-pum💀

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Koke said:

 

Quite funny. But I never liked Portsmouth. Much prefer Southampton.

Watched Pompey quite a bit over the years. Even going in disguise, you feel threatened in their own end by some of their 'senior' fanbase. Millwall loved the 6:57 crew because they were the only travelling firm to actually take it to them at the den. Like Leicester, a large contingent of knuckle draggers. 

 

Pompey supporters are however amongst, if not the, most loyal and fervent in the country...unlike Saints. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...