Sign in to follow this  
The Year Of The Fox

Vichai Memorial Garden Opens

went today and the elephant wasnt there! Half of it was in the compound behind! Other than that its well put together and just needs the appropriate weather to put in more plants and Id definitely put a statue of vichai in there

Apologies if I have missed this, but how do you access the garden - is it just a case of walking beyond the Kop, or do you go down the little road which leads to car park E? 

thanks!

On 30/10/2019 at 18:05, Heymister2015 said:

Imagine what the new stadium will look like! I think they'll spend £200m on it

We're not spending £200m on expanding the ground 

Yes I went down with my son before the game on Sunday just before it got dark. It's a really lovely space, and I think will only continue to look better as the plants mature.

Nicely done by the club, real top effort!

11 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Hotel/concert arena, pulling the concourses out family/kop and adding another tear with hospitality,changing rooms,directors boxes etc werent come cheap! I think £200m is a fair estimate

I think that just because its football everyone has an inflated view of costs. You could build two entire KPs for that sort of money. Its not like they have to buy the land

15 hours ago, urban fox said:

I think that just because its football everyone has an inflated view of costs. You could build two entire KPs for that sort of money. Its not like they have to buy the land

two kingpower stadiums that were done on the cheap and not structurally strong enough to host concerts.  These guys live in the big world and will spend big on a world class venue! Mclaren will move on from the new training ground and start on the ground! They dont construct low budget stadiums like the walkers stadium was in the first place. All of the Eon site and brownfield has been purchased and the space will be maximised for something special.