MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

Would like to think we have learned our lesson from

- Musa (Could have and should have been better as he seemed to have all the Vardy style attributes)

- Slimani (This is another weird one - he seemed to have none of the attributes, so why did we buy him?)

- Nacho - Oh Kelechi - Seems a bit crap, but still feel that is unfair, yet also feel it isn't - real quandry with Kelechi

So in terms of transitioning (Lets not say replace, that ain't gonna happen) from Vardy we could 

- Wait until he quits and buy someone for much cash

- Start in the next couple of windows and get a project underway

- Trust in youth and cross our fingers

11 minutes ago, urban fox said:

totally agree. Musa for example got a bit of a slating on here but to be fair when did he ever really get a decent run in the side to create any understanding and make his mark?  He had a decent world cup, left us and starting scoring for fun. There was an article around the time that I read that said his only real problem at LCFC was the fact that his name was not Vardy. True then and still is now. Even Shinji had to adapt his game from being an out and out striker to a deeper role. Ulloa was happy as a back up in the knowledge that he had a specific role coming on late in games, and was getting plenty of game time, (until Slimani arrived and we all know that turned out).  We have changed our style now, but still play with a lone striker.  Any decent striker that we went in for is going to look at us and the way we play and wonder where his next game is going to come from.  We are never going to attract that level of player until JV announces his pending retirement. Can you really see someone in the 40M+ bracket coming here as a bench warmer?  The Manchester clubs may be happy paying £200k+ per week for second stringers but that is not sustainable for us. If I was going get splinters in my ar*e week after week, I would rather do it for double the money.

Same with Kramaric, hardly ever got a proper run, gone off to Hoffenheim and is now one of the top strikers in Germany, 76 goal contributions in 115 games is unreal

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Not a chance In signing Halland he will end up at an elite club this summer.

Like Tielemans did?

Theres always a chance.

Why do you think these young lads come to leicester ?

Because they thrive and it does wonders for there careers.

If let's say Bmuncich/Barcelona/real Madrid/Man city etc what do you think they couldnt offer him what Leicester could?

Wages no problem

Game time no problem

Lure of premier league no problem

Possible Europe next season.

Fantastic state of the art training facility

To play in a young team full of potential.

I think there is more chance of buying these young wonderkids etc now than ever before.

Even if you dont want to admit it for some strange reason, Leicester is a huge opportunity for players to come to and also a very attractive career choice 

9 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Apparently he's not up to full fitness after his long term injury. Obviously I don't have any inside information but it's quite telling that he hasn't even been given a chance in the cup games yet so Brendan doesn't think he's ready There was an article a while ago suggesting he'd go out on loan in January to try to regain his fitness which is probably best for all parties at the moment. 

It could work out okay in the end though imo because if we sign a CB in January and send Benkovic out on loan for 6 months then when Morgan leaves at the end of the season (which I assume will happen) then Benkovic will come back from loan and replace him. 

Was hoping one of our U21's would have been closer to the squad by now as back up, We bought Sam Hughes from Chester as a promising CB and we also have Josh Knight and Darnell Johnson, I think they are all 21 or 22 now. We still have Daniel Amarty as cover.

9 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

Jarrod Bowen?

I've been pitching for him since @Ric Flair turned me on to him last summer. 

Seems perfect and sure as hell knows how to put the ball in the net. Mystery.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ideally this. The CB situation makes me uneasy mind, and its not just if Cags or Jonny pick up an injury. Both got a yellow against Palace, so bans will soon occur.

Only if they get 5 by 31 January. Both on 2 from 11 games.

The problem with replacing vardy isn’t just finding someone quick who can finish.

its his aggression, desire, work rate and unselfishness which will be the hardest to replace (shit housery aside) 

he looks after himself so can see him going for a couple of seasons after this. 

after that god knows - he’s so vital to us 

• Like 1

To be fair he is nearly six years younger than Ibrahimovic and Totti and Romario were still banging them in at 40 so if they can do it so can he . Its the games he misses that I worry about potential victories that end up as draws can be very damaging if you want to be top six regulars.

Some other potential names to look into as they are out of contract in the summer:

Boubakary Soumare (Lille)

Angel Gomes (Manure)

Layvin Kurzawa (PSG)

Benjamin Stambouli (Schalke)

As for Vardy's replacement - I like Donyell Malen at PSV but not sure how realistic that is.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

The problem with replacing vardy isn’t just finding someone quick who can finish.

its his aggression, desire, work rate and unselfishness which will be the hardest to replace (shit housery aside) 

he looks after himself so can see him going for a couple of seasons after this. 

after that god knows - he’s so vital to us 

Unfortunately this about 1 in 1000 trait to have all of them.

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Like Tielemans did?

Theres always a chance.

If let's say Bmuncich/Barcelona/real Madrid/Man city etc what do you think they couldnt offer him what Leicester could?

Wages no problem

Game time no problem

I think there is more chance of buying these young wonderkids etc now than ever before.

Even if you dont want to admit it for some strange reason, Leicester is a huge opportunity for players to come to and also a very attractive career choice 

Never going to match the likes of MCFC/MUFC for wages until we have been in CL for a couple of seasons. As soon as you start bringing in players on big money you risk breaking the wage structure and that's when the cracks start to appear in the squad dynamic that is so deep rooted at our club at the minute. Yes the senior players like Vardy and Kasper will be on the best money, that's only natural, but once people start turning the youngsters heads with silly money offers we cannot (or rather should not) even consider trying to compete.  At the moment can we really promise enough game time? Again there is the risk of damaging the quad dynamic, especially if you have a settled side with everyone playing well (look what happened when we brought in Slimani and put Ulloas nose out of joint, he was a very popular player within the squad).

Otherwise, I agree with what you are saying.  Youri came here on loan, knew he would be an important part of our team, bought into the project and felt the love, which is why he ultimately chose us on a permanent basis.  I can easily see other young players looking at that signing and asking themselves if they could do the same. Ok they may see us as a stepping stone initially, but if we achieve sustainable success they could well decide that there are worse places to ply their trade. Plus if we continue with our current excellent recruitment record and ability to attract these young players, then we can afford to let one or two go and rotate onto the next ones, making a few quid in the process.

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

Was hoping one of our U21's would have been closer to the squad by now as back up, We bought Sam Hughes from Chester as a promising CB and we also have Josh Knight and Darnell Johnson, I think they are all 21 or 22 now. We still have Daniel Amarty as cover.

I was hoping for that too, I'd take a homegrown talent over anyone else any day. Unfortunately it doesn't look like any of them lot are going to make it to the standard we're now at. Imo the one with the best chance is Josh Knight but he's found himself playing as a box to box midfielder on the right of a midfield diamond for Peterborough. I'm not sure what position he'll play when he comes back.

As for Amartey, I actually quite like him, probably more than the average Leicester fan, but if you replaced Evans or Soyuncu with him I'd probably have a panic attack mid-game. I think Amartey is a player that we've outgrown as a club. If we stayed bottom half just staying in the league he'd probably be a solid player for us but with the way we've progressed he's no longer anywhere near the standard of the rest of our team. I think it's best for all parties that he moves on. 

Apologies if the name had already come up, but watching Aaron Connelly of Brighton reminded me of Vardy. He chases everything down and has a finish on him. Still young, so scope to develop too under Vardy.

Thoughts?

Edited by holyfox
Typo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Like Tielemans did?

Theres always a chance.

Wages no problem

Game time no problem

Ah yes, Tielemans who came here knowing he was guaranteed starting time every week is comparable to a talent even hotter than him coming here to play backup striker for a couple years.

Young players come here for the Premier League, gametime and because our club is well run. It's those three things in tandem that work in our favour. 

If we get a player who is being offered £200k a week elsewhere then we move them on for an £80m+ fee. No shame in that and it's pointless trying to hold onto these players when the big money offers come. Clubs like Dortmund have operated like that for years and it's done them little harm. The key is to bank the money, move on and keep getting your scouting right more often than not. 

Hopefully at some point you do it often enough and keep competing for a CL spot until you generate enough money in sponsorship and prize money that you at the very least become the biggest club outside the elite. 

Filbert Fox to run on the pitch in just a blue thong every time we score. 

The thong comes off for five goals in one game.

4 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

My god give Ajax 50m for Ziyech

I've literally just come on to say more or less the same thing lol

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

My god give Ajax 50m for Ziyech

3 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I've literally just come on to say more or less the same thing lol

I came on to see how many people would have posted this after his goal/'assist'! I am a tiny bit disappointed to be honest :whistle: