Jump to content
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

Recommended Posts

All of Salzburg's attacking players impress me, every time I see them. I've watched most of their CL games this season and Hwang, Daka and Minamino not to mention Haland all should be on our radar. 

 

Another brace and an assist tonight for Bowen, his record is disgusting. I think Leeds will sign him in Jan and it'll be interesting to see how he performs in the Prem next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All of Salzburg's attacking players impress me, every time I see them. I've watched most of their CL games this season and Hwang, Daka and Minamino not to mention Haland all should be on our radar. 

 

Another brace and an assist tonight for Bowen, his record is disgusting. I think Leeds will sign him in Jan and it'll be interesting to see how he performs in the Prem next season.

As much as I hate the corporate c unts, they know how to find gems. I'd like it we tried to gut a lot of their scouts and directors etc, especially whoever scouts in Africa for them.  

 

Bowen will have a tidy 10 Premier goals a season career, he's far too similar to Perez for us to be interested.

 

I highly doubt they'll sell in Jan given they're in a title race and he only joined in the summer but would love Marcus Thuram at Gladbach, can play wide and up top. Has it all because he's an absolute unit, can run with the ball and is creative too

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

As much as I hate the corporate c unts, they know how to find gems. I'd like it we tried to gut a lot of their scouts and directors etc, especially whoever scouts in Africa for them.  

 

Bowen will have a tidy 10 Premier goals a season career, he's far too similar to Perez for us to be interested.

 

I highly doubt they'll sell in Jan given they're in a title race and he only joined in the summer but would love Marcus Thuram at Gladbach, can play wide and up top. Has it all because he's an absolute unit, can run with the ball and is creative too

 

Marcus looks good but looking at units we should be looking at the CL star Erling. Rumours of United sniffing 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StevieB said:

Marcus looks good but looking at units we should be looking at the CL star Erling. Rumours of United sniffing 

 

He's probably the hottest property in Europe right now, I think we'd have even less chance than Thuram. Thuram plays wide and up front so game time isn't an issue because we're obviously not dropping Vardy, Håland will go wherever he's immediately the main man. Can't see him going United because he's a Leeds fan lol 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, StevieB said:

Marcus looks good but looking at units we should be looking at the CL star Erling. Rumours of United sniffing 

 

He'd probably cost £60m+. Not going to happen. His dad, Alf-Inge, was apparently at Carrington recently. He'll be going to a huge club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A wild punt/scenario but Joao Pedro is all set to join up with Watford once the window re-opens and baring in mind they look destined to be relegated I hope we act very fast once that happens and try and sign him in the summer as this kid will be a world beater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

A wild punt/scenario but Joao Pedro is all set to join up with Watford once the window re-opens and baring in mind they look destined to be relegated I hope we act very fast once that happens and try and sign him in the summer as this kid will be a world beater.

How has he ended up going to Watford?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

How has he ended up going to Watford?

They agreed first option on him a few years ago as it's the same club they signed Richarlison from. A few big clubs have tried to steam in and cut Watford out but they've been unable to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine being a young Brazilian star with the world at your feet, waiting for Europe's big clubs to come shopping. 

 

Then your club sell a first option clause to ****ing Watford. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Maybe he loves Candle in the Wind

 

Great, now the thread is going to fill up with shit Elton John song name "jokes" quicker than you can flounce off and "quit" again. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you guys need reminded of the goal machine that is  'El Bufalo' then here you are. Just the player you want for next seasons CL adventure. You better be quick and have a spare £50M in the kitty.

 

His 12th and 13th European goals in 11 starts. Catch them both at 3:12 & 4:46

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp3cvp_38J8

Edited by Bearman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Morelos ahahahha. Absolute pony.

Going to have to disagree with you there mate. Think he could become a 10-15 goal per season premier league striker fairly comfortably. Really rate him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Going to have to disagree with you there mate. Think he could become a 10-15 goal per season premier league striker fairly comfortably. Really rate him.

Fair enough mate - I don't think he would personally and I think the guy's post above quoting 50 million for him is so far wide of the mark. 

 

People seem to think he's having an excellent season because he's not getting sent off as much. No doubt he's too good for that level but Leigh Griffiths on song was a rung above him (and I say that as someone who watches a depressingly high amount of Scottish footy) and I wouldn't have ever fancied him to make it down here either (semi decent stint at a league one Wolves aside).

 

I wouldn't be surprised if Morelos was handy enough in the top tier south of the border but I fear whoever buys him will be overpaying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Morelos had to play actual professional defenders every week they'd be in his ear getting him sent off every game. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If Morelos had to play actual professional defenders every week they'd be in his ear getting him sent off every game. 

I don't think the better the defender, the more adept they are at winding opposition players up. If anything, the lower the level the less professional a player might be and more interested in individual wars than trying to win football matches. Morelas has a screw loose like Suarez but eventually the penny drops if they want to be successful. 

 

The SPL is dog shit but he's got 13 goals in the Europa league already which is very good. He has something about him but likely be priced way too much for the risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think the better the defender, the more adept they are at winding opposition players up. If anything, the lower the level the less professional a player might be and more interested in individual wars than trying to win football matches. Morelas has a screw loose like Suarez but eventually the penny drops if they want to be successful. 

 

The SPL is dog shit but he's got 13 goals in the Europa league already which is very good. He has something about him but likely be priced way too much for the risk.

I spoke to some rangers fans last week and there are very strong rumours up in Glasgow that were are showing an interest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful thing is, we've become one of the best clubs in Europe for young players to join. A lot of the names mentioned will appreciate the opportunity here to play and develop. Regardless of whether they see it as a stepping stone, the appeal to prove themselves here and still play Champions League football is something a lot of other teams won't be able to offer. So, provided their wage demands aren't ridiculous, we're high in the pecking order I feel. Seeing big European names like Tielemans thrive in this team is a huge plus. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are looking for a striker to come in and automatically dominate the Prem, then Morelos might not be that guy.... but it can work getting someone is that’s played at a lesser standard if we just give them some time to settle in. Given that if we get someone in in January or end of the season it doesn’t mean we’d be casting Vardy to the scrap heap, id be up for getting Morelos in.

 

 

Imagine the scenes if we got him for Benkovic and 15m....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ings, JWP and Cags Turkish CB partner (Demieral)have to be a shout? 

 

Morelos if we could sort his disciplinary record out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...