Jump to content
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

Recommended Posts

The fear pre-season was that our attack could be blunt if anything happened Vardy. He has been outstanding as usual and if Nachoman got to 10 goals minimum by May I would be happy with that.

 

Man City and Liverpool games showed the need for a good player on the wing. Barnes has his moments and is a menace when we are going well but he hasn't taken his chances. He must have the worst conversion rate in the League. If he had end product we would be halfway there.

 

Finding one to the level of Mahrez is tricky though. I suspect we will sort of stumble along until the summer before we could find what we're looking for. At least the rest of the team is good enough to get us into Europe.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

The fear pre-season was that our attack could be blunt if anything happened Vardy. He has been outstanding as usual and if Nachoman got to 10 goals minimum by May I would be happy with that.

 

Man City and Liverpool games showed the need for a good player on the wing. Barnes has his moments and is a menace when we are going well but he hasn't taken his chances. He must have the worst conversion rate in the League. If he had end product we would be halfway there.

 

Finding one to the level of Mahrez is tricky though. I suspect we will sort of stumble along until the summer before we could find what we're looking for. At least the rest of the team is good enough to get us into Europe.

 

The last bit is probably right but the wrong thing to do in my opinion. Next season will be massive if we’re in the Champions League, unless we’re gonna sign a winger from the Premier League (and even then really) I’d like us to get someone next month to settle into the squad ready for next season, ideally. 

 

The only other thing I can think is maybe we’re looking at the likes of Deulefeo or Grealish and are holding out until the summer for a cut price deal possibly. But if we’ve got widemen targets abroad then getting one in this window should be a must. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Fktf said:

Pukki, richarilson, and deulofeu would all be great additions. We'll need CL football and a big summer budget, though. Wouldn't mind Felipe Anderson either. 

 

Telling that we're all thinking of wide forwards and another striker - it's clear where there are improvements to be made to the squad. These are difficult buys in the Jan market, unfortunately. 

I’m certain I read somewhere that BR hates players that wave their arms & sulk when the ball isn’t passed to them. So that’s Zaha, richarlison & deulofeu all in the bin!! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jarrod Bowen to replace Albrighton.

Dont make the same mistake as Grey/Barnes where we wreck their confidence by forcing them to play because we have nothing outwide. He's our next 'project'.

 

Michail Antonio.

This all depends if we can get him on the cheap. He's a Richarlison type we need. Big, quick and powerful. Can play anywhere across the front 3. Didnt realise he actually averages 1 in 4 for West Ham. Pretty impressive given at times he's even played as a full back. He offers a threat we don't have, and offers a greater threat in behind too.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me I would go all out for Ziyech. I know plenty will say he’s capable of playing for a top European team however no ones made a move. We know he’s been on our radar since he played at FC Twente.
 

Then if the move was possible I also feel we should look at playing Perez in a number 10 role. Imo he looks so much more comfortable & effective there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Grealish is a complete twat. Surely we have some standards. And his haircut rules him out immediately. It's a no from me.

I mean, Jamie Vardy is considered a complete twat by everyone else. Doesn't stop him being a brilliant player.

 

Not sure why his haircut matters either?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I mean, Jamie Vardy is considered a complete twat by everyone else. Doesn't stop him being a brilliant player.

 

Not sure why his haircut matters either?

 

What will be the major test of Grealish when he leaves Villa is how he actually copes with going on to be a cog in the wheel. 

 

He's been the big fish at Villa for so long it seems to be an ingrained part of his psyche. It'll be interesting to see him go to a club where he's just one of a number of good players. 

 

Not suggesting he can't do that but it will be a curiosity to see how it unfolds. Could he come here and accept that Maddison and YT make us tick and his job is to play out wide playing the player maker second fiddle? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

From Tanner in The Athletic. 
 

They are expected to strengthen next month by bringing in another central defender and a winger who can provide more goal threat to help the push to secure a Champions League finish. The summer will see them trying to add more quality to the squad, without abandoning the principles. Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish has been a player of interest previously and if third-bottom Villa end up relegated, he will be on their radar again.

That's interesting to be honest. It looks like we'd be signing Grealish on top of "the winger" as either depth or a Maddison replacement. Fwiw I can only see us signing him if we lose Maddison, otherwise he'd move to Man Utd or Arsenal or some such team where he can start. Makes sense that we are scouting him as a Maddison replacement in fairness, he's the best "domestic" way I can think of replacing him.

 

I wonder which centre back would look to come here in the winter as 3rd choice, and where we'd loan Benkovic out to. The dream would be getting Ben White somehow, but I can only see that as a summer signing.

 

Very, very excited for a winger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

From Tanner in The Athletic. 
 

They are expected to strengthen next month by bringing in another central defender and a winger who can provide more goal threat to help the push to secure a Champions League finish. The summer will see them trying to add more quality to the squad, without abandoning the principles. Aston Villa’s Jack Grealish has been a player of interest previously and if third-bottom Villa end up relegated, he will be on their radar again.

Grealish would make a great addition to our bench.

Edited by Ian Nacho
Link to post
Share on other sites

These Hakim Ziyech rumours have started to raise its head again, now Brendan is in charge maybe there could be a bit of meat to the rumour just imagine Vardy Ziyech and a n other Quality addition that would be immense !!

 

And also the joke of the week the Star saying we’re ready to sell Ricardo to Manure for a measly £30m as if??

Edited by justfoxes
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

These Hakim Ziyech rumours have started to raise its head again, now Brendan is in charge maybe there could be a bit of meat to the rumour just imagine Vardy Ziyech and a n other Quality addition that would be immense !!

 

And also the joke of the week the Star saying we’re ready to sell Ricardo to Manure for a measly £30m as if??

What rumours? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CityIsBlue said:

Jarrod Bowen to replace Albrighton.

Dont make the same mistake as Grey/Barnes where we wreck their confidence by forcing them to play because we have nothing outwide. He's our next 'project'.

 

Michail Antonio.

This all depends if we can get him on the cheap. He's a Richarlison type we need. Big, quick and powerful. Can play anywhere across the front 3. Didnt realise he actually averages 1 in 4 for West Ham. Pretty impressive given at times he's even played as a full back. He offers a threat we don't have, and offers a greater threat in behind too.

We don't need to replace Albrighton, not yet. He's just turned 30, adds valuable experience, great workrate and a very good crossing ability to the game.

It'd be foolish to let him go already.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...