Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Emiliano Buendía from Norwich looks a good player I was impressed with Him in his performance against us.

 

Has 7 assists this season. Would be perfect for us.

 

Worth it just for Midlands Yellow spending the next six months trying to convince us Cantwell was better anyway until we buy him too. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, majaco said:

BUY GREALISH!  watching MOD -he's spectacular.  When I have watched live games, he has been spectacular.  Possibly better than Maddison- I'd rather see them in the same Leicester team.

 

10 hours ago, glebe_sydneyfox said:

We'd have to cough up £60-70mil to land him and Villa would be nuts to sell him in Jan. He's almost single handedly winning them points

 

2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Grealish could well be an option. Don't underestimate the fact he's massive Mayes with Chilly and Maddison too. Imagine the hair cuts and hand shakes. 

He is what Zaha is to Palace, and our own Barnes was at WBA. The main man the one they look to, build the team around. He wouldn't be that here. Look what happened to Zaha when he moved away from being the main man, Barnes since he's come back here, their roles changed. Plus he's the most annoying player to watch I don't want that on my team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odd lack of rumours so far for this window. All gone very quiet...

 

I don't know enough about Bowen, but if Brendan and co. think he's good enough, then go for it. We definitely need a winger one way or another - especially as Perez has shown he is a decent striker, not a winger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoyFox said:

Eberechi Eze is the championships best Attacking mid this season, 16 goal contributions from 26 games. Only 21, lovely skill, would complement Maddison and Tielemens with extra fixtures next season. 

 

Chelsea and Sheff United interest, I’d pay £20m to get to the front of the queue, rather than wait for a bidding war in the summer. 

 

 

He's very good, there's a few in the Championship we should be looking at.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Villa's not getting relegated, so I doubt Graelish is going anywhere.  I'd love to have him, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Emiliano Buendía from Norwich looks a good player I was impressed with Him in his performance against us.

 

Has 7 assists this season. Would be perfect for us.

Norwich have a few options we should be looking at in the summer imo.

 

Max Aarons or Sam Byram to replace Fuchs in the summer.

 

Cantwell or Buendia to further creativity depth in the squad.


Pukki to strengthen our depth in the centre forward position. 
 

Going off the current league table the teams likely to go down is between four clubs. Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Watford & Norwich. 
 

There’s plenty of players we can pinch from them teams that strengthen our squad.

 

Aston Villa - Tyrone Mings, Jack Grealish & Wesley.

 

Bournemouth - Nathaniel Ake, Ryan Fraser & Callum Wilson.

 

Watford - Esteban Capoue, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Gerard Deulofeu & Ismailia Sarr.

 

Norwich - Max Aaron’s, Jamal Lewis, Sam Byram, Todd Cantwell, Emi Buendia & Teemu Pukki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Villa's not getting relegated, so I doubt Graelish is going anywhere.  I'd love to have him, though.

They could very easily have gone 19th yesterday if Burnley had turned up, plenty of twists n turns left in relegation battle. 

 

Norwich look as good as done, but even then I’d still stay they’ve got half a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Norwich have a few options we should be looking at in the summer imo.

 

Max Aarons or Sam Byram to replace Fuchs in the summer.

 

Cantwell or Buendia to further creativity depth in the squad.


Pukki to strengthen our depth in the centre forward position. 
 

Going off the current league table the teams likely to go down is between four clubs. Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Watford & Norwich. 
 

There’s plenty of players we can pinch from them teams that strengthen our squad.

 

Aston Villa - Tyrone Mings, Jack Grealish & Wesley.

 

Bournemouth - Nathaniel Ake, Ryan Fraser & Callum Wilson.

 

Watford - Esteban Capoue, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Gerard Deulofeu & Ismailia Sarr.

 

Norwich - Max Aaron’s, Jamal Lewis, Sam Byram, Todd Cantwell, Emi Buendia & Teemu Pukki.

He’s magic, you know, Esteban Capoue woah

Edited by pmcla26
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Norwich have a few options we should be looking at in the summer imo.

 

Max Aarons or Sam Byram to replace Fuchs in the summer.

 

Cantwell or Buendia to further creativity depth in the squad.


Pukki to strengthen our depth in the centre forward position. 
 

Going off the current league table the teams likely to go down is between four clubs. Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Watford & Norwich. 
 

There’s plenty of players we can pinch from them teams that strengthen our squad.

 

Aston Villa - Tyrone Mings, Jack Grealish & Wesley.

 

Bournemouth - Nathaniel Ake, Ryan Fraser & Callum Wilson.

 

Watford - Esteban Capoue, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Gerard Deulofeu & Ismailia Sarr.

 

Norwich - Max Aaron’s, Jamal Lewis, Sam Byram, Todd Cantwell, Emi Buendia & Teemu Pukki.

Aston Villa - Tyrone Mings, Jack Grealish & Wesley.   Would make our 11 better in my opinion.

 

Bournemouth - Nathaniel Ake, Ryan Fraser & Callum Wilson.  Wide men poor for us would make our 11 better.

 

Watford - Esteban Capoue, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Gerard Deulofeu & Ismailia Sarr. Wide men poor for us would make our 11 better if he had any consistency..

 

Norwich - Max Aaron’s, Jamal Lewis, Sam Byram, Todd Cantwell, Emi Buendia & Teemu Pukki.   Like this lad even though we dont really need another central player.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It pains me to say it because he's a horrible little toad, but I'd love Grealish here. He's the type of player we're trying to mould Perez and Barnes into. And the sort of player who would almost definitely flourish in our current setup. With the right man manager he'd probably mature a little too, a bit like Maddison has done. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan Fraser has gone really under the radar given he's out of contract. I don't know if that's because he's been completely tapped up by Liverpool for a free transfer, which was rumoured, but if not, couldn't hurt to see how much they'd take now. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dortmund rumoured to be open to letting Paco Alcacer go.

 

Would be ideal with Champions League/Jamie Vardy's retirement coming in the next few years. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Dortmund rumoured to be open to letting Paco Alcacer go.

 

Would be ideal with Champions League/Jamie Vardy's retirement coming in the next few years. 

Weren't we (very) loosely linked with him before he went to Germany?

Don't know too much about him other than his minutes-per-goal ratio was ridiculous last season. Looks like they bought him for £20m (5yr contract) just last year, so would be interesting to see what sort of price they'd be after. £25-30m, or maybe a bit more even?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buendia when Norwich go down 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This window has been an absolute failure.

Cant believe we havent signed anyone yet and the 2nd is nearly over.

 

Get some work done rudders 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Eberechi Eze is the championships best Attacking mid this season, 16 goal contributions from 26 games. Only 21, lovely skill, would complement Maddison and Tielemens with extra fixtures next season. 

 

Chelsea and Sheff United interest, I’d pay £20m to get to the front of the queue, rather than wait for a bidding war in the summer. 

 

 

 

Reminds me a lot of Grealish. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

 

Reminds me a lot of Grealish. 

Yes similar attacking play, some interesting stats from their last Championship seasons:

 

Championship 

Eze 19/20 
2.6 shots p90
1.9 key passes p90
2.9 successful dribbles p90

Grealish 18/19 
2.1 shots p90
2.3 key passes p90
1.7 successful dribbles p90

Maddison 17/18 
2.8 shots p90
3.1 key passes p90
1.2 successful dribbles p90

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Dortmund rumoured to be open to letting Paco Alcacer go.

 

Would be ideal with Champions League/Jamie Vardy's retirement coming in the next few years. 

That would be odd - why would they do that?  I was disappointed we whiffed on him the first time, and he's been great from them apart from the injury issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...