Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

Recommended Posts

Would Brahim Diaz be worth a punt? Set to leave Real Madrid, can play left wing, behind the strikers and right wing. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would Brahim Diaz be worth a punt? Set to leave Real Madrid, can play left wing, behind the strikers and right wing. 

.. just checked him out on YouTube! 

  Great skills on the ball, no end product no composure in front of goal, we need someone who can open a defence and put a teammate into space having pulled their defence out of position. 

 A player like Chukweze can play through the middle and go either side, we need to get this right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thomas lemar anyone? Goes against our policy but he looked so good at Monaco and apparently wolves are linked with him so surely we have a chance if we're interested. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. just checked him out on YouTube! 

  Great skills on the ball, no end product no composure in front of goal, we need someone who can open a defence and put a teammate into space having pulled their defence out of position. 

 A player like Chukweze can play through the middle and go either side, we need to get this right. 

Chukwueze has very little end product right now either. The dream would be Oyarzabal but he will likely replace Sane at Man City or Dembele at Barca. Chiesa from Fiorentina would be unreal but again a pipe dream.

 

I think we need a left winger rather than a right winger but a few to throw in the mix are Tsyhankov at Kiev, Stengs from AZ Alkmaar and Orsolini at Bologna.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Knight? Should be back from injury in February...

 

Now Demiral’s injured i’m a bit worried we will do something stupid like buying Lewis Dunk for 60m. 
 

Whereas Knight would be a financially risk free option & in the summer we can try get Demiral again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shane said:

Josh Knight? Should be back from injury in February...

 

Now Demiral’s injured i’m a bit worried we will do something stupid like buying Lewis Dunk for 60m. 
 

Whereas Knight would be a financially risk free option & in the summer we can try get Demiral again. 

It's certainly an option we should consider, especially as Benkovic isn't injured like first feared. Our immediate problems lie out wide anyway, we've both wings completely devoid of any goals and worryingly the opposition has shut them down from creating much either of late.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shane said:

Josh Knight? Should be back from injury in February...

 

Now Demiral’s injured i’m a bit worried we will do something stupid like buying Lewis Dunk for 60m. 
 

Whereas Knight would be a financially risk free option & in the summer we can try get Demiral again. 

Is Josh young enough to be in the squad without being registered? That would certainly help - and before too long we will have Wes back, although you would have to anticipate it taking him a bit longer to get back to match fitness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lemar is going to end up at Wolves isn't he? That would be annoying, he'd be a legitimate target for us. Going for a top 4 finish and a cup triumph would interest players of his calibre.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Have we actually been reliably linked with anyone?

We rarely are.... most of our best signings have come up as in progress days/hours before they’re made official

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ajax just signed Babel for depth, which further places Neres down the pecking order once he returns from injury - behind Promes, Ziyech, and Babel. I think we should try to sign him, will soon be back and absolutely has that X factor.

 

Or Everton Soares, one of the best players outside the Top 5 leagues

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Ajax just signed Babel for depth, which further places Neres down the pecking order once he returns from injury - behind Promes, Ziyech, and Babel. I think we should try to sign him, will soon be back and absolutely has that X factor.

 

Or Everton Soares, one of the best players outside the Top 5 leagues

You know how to set the pulses racing, Nico. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s still relatively early in the transfer window so can’t say for sure that Brendan won’t get a winger in. However, if the transfer window shuts and we haven’t signed any wide players, it just makes zero sense. All the fans can clearly see we are lacking out wide so why can’t he. Out wide we have no one that can truly impact a game and get the crowd on their feet. Hopefully Brendan will go out and get one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

They feel quite attainable, I think that's why the idea is so appealing.

To be fair I'd have fcukin had Babel. Primes is another that slipped through the net as we supposedly were going in hard for him towards the end of the summer window in 2018. 

 

Neres would be sensational, I want him now and i don't care if he's injured. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Team is desperately lacking something a bit different from wide positions. The first time for a long time we've only had functional wingers and not some x factor, like Mahrez and Knockaert. 

 

Watching Mahrez rip Villa to bits days after we failed to break down their parking the bus really brought it home how much we failed to come close to replacing him. 

 

Like, we've built the squad very well since he left with much needed improvements in a number of positions but we do criminally lack wide talent. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Chukwueze has very little end product right now either. The dream would be Oyarzabal but he will likely replace Sane at Man City or Dembele at Barca. Chiesa from Fiorentina would be unreal but again a pipe dream.

 

I think we need a left winger rather than a right winger but a few to throw in the mix are Tsyhankov at Kiev, Stengs from AZ Alkmaar and Orsolini at Bologna.

A goal contribution every 2.8 games (using p90 stats 18/19 and 19/20) isn’t end product for Chukwueze in La Liga, at the age of 21?

Edited by RoyFox
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

 

Watching Mahrez rip Villa to bits days after we failed to break down their parking the bus really brought it home how much we failed to come close to replacing him. 

 

Like, we've built the squad very well since he left with much needed improvements in a number of positions but we do criminally lack wide talent. 

We're still in a better position though since Mahrez left.  As hard as that is to believe.

 

He's been a hard act to follow but but there has been other issues like the defence that were more urgent issues. At least we aren't regularly conceding 5 goals like at Palace and Spurs in late 2017-18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

We're still in a better position though since Mahrez left.  As hard as that is to believe.

 

He's been a hard act to follow but but there has been other issues like the defence that were more urgent issues. At least we aren't regularly conceding 5 goals like at Palace and Spurs in late 2017-18.

 

Not that hard. Despite lacking a killer winger, we have moved on a lot from the point where a team could stick 2 (or 3) players on Mahrez and pretty much negate us an attacking force. That make me miss the little bastard ferret even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...