Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

Recommended Posts

.. you really wonder about the quality Chan was playing against in that video. 

  Certainly that team was full of confidence and playing for fun. What would he be like with a deep block, the physicality of the prem and the cynicism of premiership defenders. 

  All things considered and if opposition equal to Prem. then we are certainly having to fork out at least £50m to secure him. 

  Most endearing part of that is that he is a team player and definitely the right fit for our team!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why on earth is it so quiet? Bizarre, especially when we really need some fresh blood. Winger is desperately needed to relieve some of the creative burden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Defending may not be marvelous on the video, but Chan has the confidence and technical ability, a good shot and good ball control

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few weeks back I said I’d like to see James Ward-Prowse in a City shirt

I’d still like to see James award-Prowse in a City shirt

Oh and Lewis Dunk... really rate him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

A few weeks back I said I’d like to see James Ward-Prowse in a City shirt

I’d still like to see James award-Prowse in a City shirt

Oh and Lewis Dunk... really rate him

For the best part of £100m, do you still rate these pair?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yannick carrasco, his numbers are clearly inflated in China but he was excellent with madrid. only 26

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yannick Carrasco Characteristics

+ Strengths

Dribbling
Very Strong
Finishing
Strong
Long shots
Strong
Through balls
Strong

- Weaknesses

Defensive contribution
Weak
Discipline
Weak
 

Yannick Carrasco's Style of Play

  • Likes to dribble
  • Likes to shoot from distance
  • Counter attack threat
  • Gets fouled often
  • Likes to cut inside
  • Does not dive into tackles
© WhoScored.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lemar on loan view to permanent is the best shout of the lot tbh.

 

I might be in the minority here but I want this winger to be left footed as well. I feel it significantly adds to your options. All of our wingers are right footed.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

 

From the Athletic:

 

1016762721_Screenshot2020-01-13at14_58_36.thumb.png.6f01a091822e5592810d4952def650e9.png

Tenuous link, probably not worthy of its own thread.

 

 

i have been all over this guy for a long time!

 

 

Would absolutely love it if he came to us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

A few weeks back I said I’d like to see James Ward-Prowse in a City shirt

I’d still like to see James award-Prowse in a City shirt

Oh and Lewis Dunk... really rate him


Brendan prefers Tarkowski to Dunk ...   and not sure if he might now go for him if Cags Turkish mate is injured ...   going to be interesting for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NasPb said:

Yannick Carrasco Characteristics

+ Strengths

Dribbling
Very Strong
Finishing
Strong
Long shots
Strong
Through balls
Strong

- Weaknesses

Defensive contribution
Weak
Discipline
Weak
 

Yannick Carrasco's Style of Play

  • Likes to dribble
  • Likes to shoot from distance
  • Counter attack threat
  • Gets fouled often
  • Likes to cut inside
  • Does not dive into tackles
© WhoScored.com

Sign him up !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ashley Young from Man U still has a few years in him, his move to Inter & Roma doesn’t look like it’s going ahead maybe we could put a cheeky bid in him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Why on earth is it so quiet? Bizarre, especially when we really need some fresh blood. Winger is desperately needed to relieve some of the creative burden.

We've been very quiet the past few windows tbf. Feels like if any news will leak out it will come from the selling club. Perez and Tielemans were wrapped up very quickly once we heard about them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if Percy’s article is correct we are not actively pursuing a wide player this window just a CB?

 

Thats a bit depressing - hope we can stay in the top four and find some goals from what we have already then in wide positions.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completely understand we need at least one more CB, but the lack of inside/wide right foward is a little disheartening, but we may have enough, just hope Barnes, Gray, etc can push on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difficult window to deal in, I'd like us to try the route we went with Youri and loan with a view to buy.

 

With Morgan and Benkovic not as badly injured as first thought, I'd hold on with the CB until the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Difficult window to deal in, I'd like us to try the route we went with Youri and loan with a view to buy.

 

With Morgan and Benkovic not as badly injured as first thought, I'd hold on with the CB until the summer.

I can understand that but with 2 and sometimes nearly 3 games a week and our fans constantly pushing for cup runs at some point you end up with performances like Villa and Southampton due to run down, over-used, possibly over trained and a knackered squad that struggle to ‘get up for’ 3 games a week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Ashley Young from Man U still has a few years in him, his move to Inter & Roma doesn’t look like it’s going ahead maybe we could put a cheeky bid in him?

I don't think so. Surely you are joking.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Would anyone take Shaqiri on loan? Even further down the pecking order now Minamino has arrived. 

Yes, I wanted him before he went to Liverpool. I recall being part of a very small community on here who thought the same! He surely won’t want to leave though when he’s going to be able to get a premier league winners medal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rachhere said:

Yes, I wanted him before he went to Liverpool. I recall being part of a very small community on here who thought the same! He surely won’t want to leave though when he’s going to be able to get a premier league winners medal? 

Should imagine he’ll get one anyway, regardless if he came to us. Think he needs a loan for his own career to be honest, could help us out too. Everyone’s a winner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Should imagine he’ll get one anyway, regardless if he came to us. Think he needs a loan for his own career to be honest, could help us out too. Everyone’s a winner 

Not the same though is it compared to being there. I can definitely see him moving on at the end of the season. But if he were made available, I can only see it benefiting us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...