Jump to content
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

  1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

    • Conservative
      155
    • Labour
      188
    • Liberal Democrats
      93
    • Brexit Party
      17
    • Green Party
      26
    • Other
      22


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Hang on - you think Sky, as in Rupert Murdoch's Sky, is biased in favour of Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party?

1. Murdoch sold his stake in Sky last year.

 

2. No, I'm accusing the pol ed of bias, not the channel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattP said:

1. Murdoch sold his stake in Sky last year.

 

2. No, I'm accusing the pol ed of bias, not the channel. 

 

I don't have Sky but whenever I've walked past the tv at work when it's on and they're doing election coverage it always says 'The Brexit Election' in big letters which doesn't suggest to me that they're taking their brief from Labour.

 

Any examples of this bias?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m certainly not as keen on politics as was a few years ago but to me in feels like a choice between a slow, decrepit decline and high risk, high reward possibly instantaneous one. I’m taking the easy way out and spoiling my ballot anyway, not that it matters as I live in a massively safe seat in Sheffield central 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I’m certainly not as keen on politics as was a few years ago but to me in feels like a choice between a slow, decrepit decline and high risk, high reward possibly instantaneous one. I’m taking the easy way out and spoiling my ballot anyway, not that it matters as I live in a massively safe seat in Sheffield central 

What is the point in that?

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Strokes said:

It’s an active message of disdain. Underrated. I’d love to do the same again this time around but I think it’s too important to vote to support brexit.

Obviously I understand why people do it but if you don’t like them, simply don’t give them your vote 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

What is the point in that?

What should I do then? Vote for a party I don't like or agree with or stay at home? Spoiling your ballot isn't very effective but at least it sends more of a message than being sat on my arse does

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stadt said:

What should I do then? Vote for a party I don't like or agree with or stay at home? Spoiling your ballot isn't very effective but at least it sends more of a message than being sat on my arse does

Vote for the party that’ll do the least damage? Or don’t vote at all maybe, don’t take this in the wrong way but politicians won’t change if you draw a d*ck on your paper tomorrow. Reality is, an 18 year old will just put in a different pile which will then go into the bin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Vote for the party that’ll do the least damage? Or don’t vote at all maybe, don’t take this in the wrong way but politicians won’t change if you draw a d*ck on your paper tomorrow. Reality is, an 18 year old will just put in a different pile which will then go into the bin.

What shall I have for my tea tomorrow while we're at it?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Vote for the party that’ll do the least damage? Or don’t vote at all maybe, don’t take this in the wrong way but politicians won’t change if you draw a d*ck on your paper tomorrow. Reality is, an 18 year old will just put in a different pile which will then go into the bin.

Spoiled ballots get counted, therefore it’s a message. No party will pander to apathy. Spoiling a ballot tells them didn’t do enough.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Strokes said:

Spoiled ballots get counted, therefore it’s a message. No party will pander to apathy. Spoiling a ballot tells them didn’t do enough.

 

Yes, I know they are counted and are included in turnout percentages. Doesn’t matter if they haven’t done enough as there’ll be a conservative / labour government whatever happens, regardless of whether you have spoiled your ballot paper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Yes, I know they are counted and are included in turnout percentages. Doesn’t matter if they haven’t done enough as there’ll be a conservative / labour government whatever happens, regardless of whether you have spoiled your ballot paper.

:nigel:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...