Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

  1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

    • Conservative
      155
    • Labour
      188
    • Liberal Democrats
      93
    • Brexit Party
      17
    • Green Party
      26
    • Other
      22


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Tbf to Labour, as bad as Corbyn has been, it's true Brexit has ****ed them. They know that opposing Brexit will lose them seats, but they also surely believe deep down that Brexit will harm the working class. Tories I suppose have the advantage of not giving a shit. 

:rolleyes:

 

lollollollol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Tbf to Labour, as bad as Corbyn has been, it's true Brexit has ****ed them. They know that opposing Brexit will lose them seats, but they also surely believe deep down that Brexit will harm the working class

And they've stopped neither, easy to say in hindsight but stopping the tories was more important for them surely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got up and had a look at all this.

 

Depressing, but not entirely unexpected. Brexit, it seems, was the major locus for this election after all and the sheer unlikeability of Corbyn in key areas seems to have played very heavily too.

 

Does the UK really have it in them to become a world leader in terms of both scientific and environmental policy (as well as inspiring other nations to follow the example) despite the reduced cooperation with other places that is now basically inevitable over the next few years? I guess we shall find out.

 

As with the election of Trump, I hope that i am mistaken about what the future holds.

 

NB. And hopefully come the end of next year Boris will be rubbing shoulders with a better human in the White House anyway.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stadt said:

And they've stopped neither, easy to say in hindsight but stopping the tories was more important for them surely 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I realised after I posted it sounded like it was aimed at you, it wasn't it was aimed at the OP, I did edit it but I was a little slow.

 

The tweet doesn't call anyone thick or stupid either, but ok, whatever. Neither of us are about to ask you what 5 more years of Conservative government is going to do for places like Blyth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ealingfox said:

 

The tweet doesn't call anyone thick or stupid either, but ok, whatever. Neither of us are about to ask you what 5 more years of Conservative government is going to do for places like Blyth.

I’d predict jack shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Just got up and had a look at all this.

 

Depressing, but not entirely unexpected. Brexit, it seems, was the major locus for this election after all and the sheer unlikeability of Corbyn in key areas seems to have played very heavily too.

 

Does the UK really have it in them to become a world leader in terms of both scientific and environmental policy (as well as inspiring other nations to follow the example) despite the reduced cooperation with other places that is now basically inevitable over the next few years? I guess we shall find out.

 

As with the election of Trump, I hope that i am mistaken about what the future holds.

 

NB. And hopefully come the end of next year Boris will be rubbing shoulders with a better human in the White House anyway.

 

 

Why do we have to be a world leader in anything? Why cant we just focus on making this a nice island to live on? Because it certainly wasnt going the right direction in the EU, the south east has fast become an overcrowded shithole. Something has to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, z-layrex said:

Why do we have to be a world leader in anything? Why cant we just focus on making this a nice island to live on? Because it certainly wasnt going the right direction in the EU, the south east has fast become an overcrowded shithole. Something has to change.

...because that's what the Brexiteers promised, and it's their game now. The results and the responsibility now lie with them - good or bad.

 

For what it's worth I wish them good luck with it, simply because if it all goes Pete Tong they will not be the only ones facing the consequences.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wtf is this 

 

 

Wow!

 

And what a weird line up. I know channel 4 like to be different, but election night with Nish Kumar, Katherine Ryan and Judge Rinder lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

 

The tweet doesn't call anyone thick or stupid either, but ok, whatever. Neither of us are about to ask you what 5 more years of Conservative government is going to do for places like Blyth.

 

Read the tweet ffs. It's hilarious how in denial some of you are, even after this exit poll:nono:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

 

Read the tweet ffs. It's hilarious how in denial some of you are, even after this exit poll:nono:

 

Does the tweet say anybody is thick or stupid, yes or no? I think you're reaching a bit here. It is possible to think that Conservative domestic policy is unlikely to alleviate deprivation in places like Blyth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

 

Read the tweet ffs. It's hilarious how in denial some of you are, even after this exit poll:nono:

 

As I've said a few times, I just want them to get on with it now, without excuses or blaming others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Reminds me of the days of shop unions. Whoever shouts loudest thinks they’re right and everyone else is wrong. Just because someone decides to vote in a particular way, doesn’t make them a racist bigot.

What gets me is the Corbyn supporter tweeting that "we are heading for a repeat of 1930s Germany"??!  The irony just sums up everything that is wrong with this current incarnation of Labour.

 

Of course the translation of her tweet actually being "What happened in 1930s Germany was only supposed to happen to the Jews..And even though I know it won't really happen, the thought of it happening to anyone else but the Jews sickens me..."

 

Honestly that man has fvcked the Labour Party so much, it makes my head hurt.

Edited by Kendal Fox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

If you cant afford to have kids, stop having ****ing kids.

Ha, this. Stupid. 

 

Shouldn't really be a case that so many people can't afford it, though. 

 

I'm always conflicted at election time because I don't suffer idiots yet find myself fighting the corner of said idiots. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Labour remainer mps blaming it all on Corbyn are deluded, and just trying to deflect the blame from themselves.  Yes he hasn`t helped, because he is a liability as a leader, but the truth is, the real blame for the Labour defeat is mainly down to the remainer mps that have steered the Labour policy from implementing the result of the eu referendum, to a lets have another peoples vote policy, and so completely ignoring so many of their core voters.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The Labour remainer mps blaming it all on Corbyn are deluded, and just trying to deflect the blame from themselves.  Yes he hasn`t helped, because he is a liability as a leader, but the truth is, the real blame for the Labour defeat is mainly down to the remainer mps that have steered the Labour policy from implementing the result of the eu referendum, to a lets have another peoples vote policy, and so completely ignoring so many of their core voters.

 

 

 

I think it's a perfect storm of things that have done this. A mix of corbyn, brexit, antisemitism, people not completely buying the somewhat obscene labour spending pledges etc etc. Couple that with a more positive throw some cash at em tory manifesto and you've got a tory majority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The Labour remainer mps blaming it all on Corbyn are deluded, and just trying to deflect the blame from themselves.  Yes he hasn`t helped, because he is a liability as a leader, but the truth is, the real blame for the Labour defeat is mainly down to the remainer mps that have steered the Labour policy from implementing the result of the eu referendum, to a lets have another peoples vote policy, and so completely ignoring so many of their core voters.

 

 

 

 

to be fair he did seem to be non-commital with regards to brexit... it probably felt like a rudderless ship at times.

 

No one likes indecisiveness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MPH said:

 

to be fair he did seem to be non-commital with regards to brexit... it probably felt like a rudderless ship at times.

 

No one likes indecisiveness. 

Being indecisive and not saying the future is certain - especially on something like this - is basic honest truth. But we all know how far that gets you in politics.

 

You're right - people like assurances, even if those assurances are built on nothing at all. Perception over what truly is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Collymore said:

I'm in Blyth Valley. 

 

Blyth is an absolute **** hole that has been left to rot for years now.  It is has turned into a bordered up ghost town with pretty bad anti social/drug problems.

 

Not sure what people are expecting under complete Conservative control but the pessimist in me isn't holding my breath for positive change. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Surely any change in what you've just described is a good thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Boris claims victory over the expelled critical heart of the Tory party.

 

I miss the old one-nation Tories. But Thatcher murdered them.

 

Now Boris’s point and blame party, his new politics, his new devotee MPs, replaces her lot.

 

Thatcher had some political ideas, however. I’ve yet to see Boris’s. An opportunist.

 

The Tories stood for responsibility. Now Boris’s party blames and blames and blames.

 

When his abandonment of May’s backstop aligns Northern Ireland with the EU and Ireland, who will he blame?

 

When we have the next economic or EU based problem, who will he blame? What will he demand he's entitled to?

 

Whip up a bit of fear, whip a bit of anger, cause a bit of outrage against the immigrants, against the EU, against whoever can be found.

 

The new and very successful heart of the Tory party.

 

Is there anyone in any party who is strong enough to take some responsibility?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...