Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

  1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

    • Conservative
      155
    • Labour
      188
    • Liberal Democrats
      93
    • Brexit Party
      17
    • Green Party
      26
    • Other
      22


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I don’t trust him to run the economy. I think he’ll lead us into recession, piss off our allies and partners and Fvck businesses over. 

Which current party leader do you trust to run the economy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Which current party leader do you trust to run the economy?

None of them really, they're all a crock of shit. 

 

Although Boris is an arse, I still think the economy would in better hands with him and his cabinet rather than Corbyn and his lot.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free broadband.

BT's estimate is £34 billion not £20 billion. But BT is just another example of how Corbyn is stuck in the 70's wire broard band is a legacy product going forward wireless is the way forward the post office is in the same position when was the last time you posted a letter and the last time you recieved a letter that couldnt have been an environmentally freindly email.

As for big tech companies paying for it they just have to move to another EU state and posts the products or sell thier services from there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you provide a source on all those claims though? 

 

I think Corbyn isnt fit for PM but most of them seem like something right wing brexit fb groups would make up.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Can you provide a source on all those claims though? 

 

I think Corbyn isnt fit for PM but most of them seem like something right wing brexit fb groups would make up.

I'm sure a few are dubious. But even so - making this bloke our PM is just laughable. It's not even serious.

 

He's not fit to run the Labour party. Let alone the nation.

Edited by MattP
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'm sure a few are dubious. But even so - making this bloke our PM is just laughable. It's not even serious.

 

He's not fit to run the Labour party. Let alone the nation.

I had a quick flick through and context is certainly missing with some of the claims. I remember just a couple of weeks ago we were talking about the need for Brexit quotes to be put in context and then you post this. 

 

As an example, one that stood out to me was saying bin Laden's death was a tragedy. Where as his point was it's a tragedy he wasn't captured and brought to justice inline with international law. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-calls-osama-bin-ladens-death-a-tragedy-but-was-it-taken-out-of-context-10479396.html%3famp 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50443430

 

"Police say they are assessing two allegations of electoral fraud, after claims the Tories offered peerages to Brexit Party election candidates to persuade them to stand down".

 

Blimey! They should get some of those "extra" 20,000 police officers straight onto this investigation.... lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, twoleftfeet said:

Free broadband.

BT's estimate is £34 billion not £20 billion. But BT is just another example of how Corbyn is stuck in the 70's wire broard band is a legacy product going forward wireless is the way forward the post office is in the same position when was the last time you posted a letter and the last time you recieved a letter that couldnt have been an environmentally freindly email.

As for big tech companies paying for it they just have to move to another EU state and posts the products or sell thier services from there. 

 

Ok let's examine this one step at a time

70's wire broadband - nope.  No broadband in the 70's

Wireless is the way forward - nope.  wireless has a place BUT has finite bandwidth.   Technology keeps shoving more bandwidth through the same frequencies but it will NEVER get anywhere near the bandwidth down copper.  Also copper will never get anywhere near the bandwidth available down fibree.

 

big tech moving to other countries - nope.  They want and need to sell into govt, councils, nhs.  I work in the public sector, there is a massive fight going on between google and microsoft for the taxpayers pound.  They aren't going to upsticks and move

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31st Oct Guardian

 

Women’s organisations have expressed alarm at the number of female MPs standing down at the upcoming general election who have cited the abuse they face in public office.

Figures suggest female MPs are retiring from parliament prematurely. Of the 58 politicians who have announced they will not stand again, 18 are women and 41 are men, which is roughly proportional to the current makeup of parliament.

 

Today BBC

 

Record numbers of women look set to stand for Parliament next month, making up about a third of the candidates.

Provisional analysis by the Press Association found 1,120 of 3,322 registered candidates were women.

 

Fortunately the abuse is not stopping new candidates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

 

I think that I can provide a source for @MattP's list of claims......

Copied and pasted from right-wing web site Guido Fawkes from 2017? 

 

Certainly looks to be an identical list.....https://order-order.com/2017/06/08/100-times-jeremy-corbyn-sided-terrorists/ 

That's plagiarism if you try to present someone else's ideas as your own, without crediting them, isn't it, Matt? 

Or did you get them from some other dodgy right-wing source who had ripped them off from Guido? lol

 

The list has links to sources on the Guido Fawkes site, if anyone can be bothered - though some of them are dead links to Irish Republican sites or link to neutral sources like, er, the Daily Express. lol

 

In short, some of them will be true, as Corbyn has associated with some questionable people over the years, some will be fabrications and most will have a grain of truth but be guilt by association or massive distortions serving the propaganda of right-wing media or even, it seems, Sinn Fein.

 

Well, Matt did imply that he intended to spam this thread with propaganda to serve his right-wing cause and, dang me, but the lad's as good as his word. lol

It's just not true is it lol Those dastardly researchers bringing up facts.

 

He's an honourable man smeared by the right wing media, I mean you'll secretly be voting for him again won't you @Alf Bentley whilst thinking about the greens.:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MattP said:

It's just not true is it lol Those dastardly researchers bringing up facts.

 

He's an honourable man smeared by the right wing media, I mean you'll secretly be voting for him again won't you @Alf Bentley whilst thinking about the greens.:ph34r:

Just re-read this and realised how much of a total bellend I turn into during elections. 

 

Apologies to all. Debate needs to be serious and it's great we all care but no excuse to get personal. Sorry.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

 

You've ruined it now, by getting all nicey-nice when I was about to reply to your first post. lol

So, I'll restrain myself a bit.

 

All sorts of people bring up all sorts of "facts", as your Guido quote does.........some will indeed be true. Others will be distortions, fabrications & guilt by association.....as I said in my post to which you responded.

 

Corbyn is indeed smeared by the right-wing media, but that doesn't make him an honourable man. He strikes me as narrow-minded, sour and a bit dim with kneejerk opinions, sometimes poor judgment about the company he keeps & a virtue signaler before the concept was invented, like most on the Hard Left.  When I voted Labour in 2017, it certainly wasn't a vote for him - more for his party's good but imperfect policies & some of the honourable, restraining people around him. I wish he wasn't Labour leader. This time, I expect to vote Green as I'm in a "safe seat" & want climate change kicked up the agenda.

 

I see the election mainly as a choice between political programmes - at a crucial time for our planet, for what happens with Brexit & for the whole way our country sets up to develop as a society for the coming decades.

 

If it was just a choice between leaders, though, I'd prefer the unappetising, sometimes misguided Corbyn to the main alternative: a man sacked for inventing quotes by his Godfather & sacked again by his party leader for lying about an affair/abortion, who won't even say how many children he has, who has deceived almost everyone he has met in politics or in his personal life, whose politics are serf-serving, who has wasted enormous sums on preposterous vanity projects (garden bridge, riot cannon etc.), who is happy to abuse minority groups for cheap popularity, who unlawfully closed down parliament, demanded an election instead of getting on with his job and then lied about not wanting an election....indeed, who lies and deceives in pursuit of power and narcissism at every possible opportunity. If that's the sort of character we want as PM - and whose party you'll presumably vote for - then I'd like a better alternative. 

 

....and, of course, there is almost zero chance of Corbyn ending up as PM with unrestrained power. Even the chance of him leading a minority govt dependent on other parties is pretty low.

Whereas there's every chance of the amoral, narcissistic, "charismatic" blond charlatan ending up with unrestricted majority power. Heaven help us!

I can't even disagree with a word of this reading it, what a total mess.

 

The blond charlaton just edges it though lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much for "No Deal, no problem" and the ease of establishing new trade deals and/or WTO arrangements....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/15/australia-demands-compensation-over-brexit-trade-disruption

 

The countries demanding compensation for Brexit via the WTO are pretty much a list of the main countries we supposedly want to trade deals with post-Brexit...

 

"Australia and a host of non-EU countries are demanding compensation from the UK and the EU for Brexit-related disruption to trade. During negotiations at the World Trade Organization in Geneva, Australia said its beef and lamb exports had already been adversely affected by Brexit confusion.The country’s claim that Australian farmers suffered losses and could continued to do so won immediate support from 14 countries including the US, India, New Zealand, China and Canada. Australia’s complaint, which was fleshed out in a formal proposal for compensation, related to the complex ramifications of Brexit on the inter-hemisphere meat trade".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

So much for "No Deal, no problem" and the ease of establishing new trade deals and/or WTO arrangements....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/15/australia-demands-compensation-over-brexit-trade-disruption

 

The countries demanding compensation for Brexit via the WTO are pretty much a list of the main countries we supposedly want to trade deals with post-Brexit...

 

"Australia and a host of non-EU countries are demanding compensation from the UK and the EU for Brexit-related disruption to trade. During negotiations at the World Trade Organization in Geneva, Australia said its beef and lamb exports had already been adversely affected by Brexit confusion.The country’s claim that Australian farmers suffered losses and could continued to do so won immediate support from 14 countries including the US, India, New Zealand, China and Canada. Australia’s complaint, which was fleshed out in a formal proposal for compensation, related to the complex ramifications of Brexit on the inter-hemisphere meat trade".

We ain't paying shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr The Singh said:

We ain't paying shit

 

Tell 'em to "whistle for it" like Boris said about the Brexit divorce settlement a couple of years ago? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

 

Tell 'em to "whistle for it" like Boris said about the Brexit divorce settlement a couple of years ago? 

Yes, when Dianne Abbott is in power they will shit there pants

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

So much for "No Deal, no problem" and the ease of establishing new trade deals and/or WTO arrangements....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/15/australia-demands-compensation-over-brexit-trade-disruption

 

The countries demanding compensation for Brexit via the WTO are pretty much a list of the main countries we supposedly want to trade deals with post-Brexit...

 

"Australia and a host of non-EU countries are demanding compensation from the UK and the EU for Brexit-related disruption to trade. During negotiations at the World Trade Organization in Geneva, Australia said its beef and lamb exports had already been adversely affected by Brexit confusion.The country’s claim that Australian farmers suffered losses and could continued to do so won immediate support from 14 countries including the US, India, New Zealand, China and Canada. Australia’s complaint, which was fleshed out in a formal proposal for compensation, related to the complex ramifications of Brexit on the inter-hemisphere meat trade".

Shock horror! It's almost as if the brexit merchants didn't have a clue what they were doing and their followers were/are unthinking fools, isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beechey said:

 

Depressing that 50% of our nation apparently has **** for brains.

But then we discovered that the total is 52% back in 2016.

Edited by HappyHamza
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...