Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
urban.spaceman

Palace 0-2 Leicester post match

Recommended Posts

Wins like this can see us nicely into the top 6. I get the top 4 hopes but when Evans has his inevitable time off we don't have a 2015 Wes to call on. 

With a bit of clever dealing in the transfer window, however.........who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

Wins like this can see us nicely into the top 6. I get the top 4 hopes but when Evans has his inevitable time off we don't have a 2015 Wes to call on. 

With a bit of clever dealing in the transfer window, however.........who knows?

Benko?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre season I was not concerned with replacing Mcguire because of Cags and Benko. Wes would be great to have around because of his experience and as a 4th/5th choice. Cags has been phenomenal but Benkovic has not even got past the under 23's. 

I'd love to see him come through but if we do make a sustained top 4 push we might not have time to wait on Benkovic.  

Edited by bss9401

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cujek didn't get a chance to reply in the match thread.

I wasn't watching the game and have only seen Vardy's goal & fabulous celebration by way of highlights. So yep I missed both goals!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Very good interview with Brendan Rodgers, he actually explains the logic behind bringing Wes on in certain situations and it makes sense, he and the squad know exactly what the plan is.

I don't understand this at all, why explain your logic  to the world?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, treer said:

I don't understand this at all, why explain your logic  to the world?

Huh 🤔 it’s called tactics, they’re used in football, he explained the reasons he brought Wes on, it’s not complicated.

 

And to the world......I know we’re big but we’re not that big.

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, treer said:

I don't understand this at all, why explain your logic  to the world?

I get what you're saying but compared to the frustrating lack of clarity and explanation from Puel, I'm really enjoying Rodgers' willingness to let us in on the plan and share his thinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

The CP fans reactions....just brilliant...!!!   Whether ist WBA,Spurs ,Soton,and Now CP....he always comes up with a brilliant quip that sticks..

 

Their faces. Precious. Sodding hate that bird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

It truly was the moment of the match. Genius reaction celebration from Vardy. Almost spat out my coffee watching

COFFEE!!! get on the beer soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Can I just mention the ball Praet played his first touch long to Chilwell wide left who hit the post .

Very tasty

 

It's scary that someone that good can't get into our team. He'd start for 15/20 clubs in the division at the moment I think. BTW Hamza couldn't even make the bench! Bodes very well for the Christmas period when the games are every 3 days and you have to use your squad.

 

Rodgers has a very good record at changing the game with subs. I thought taking off Perez was very harsh as he looked more effectual than Gray, but within 5 minutes it all made sense. Forget his goal for a second, his pace terrified Palace and because they had to push up to get an equaliser it was giving him tons of room to operate in. Praet also made a difference for the brief time he was on for, not just with that pass.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Their faces. Precious. Sodding hate that bird

I bet he had Roast Potatoes & Roast Eagle for his post match-dinner, and 'Schlupp'  ed a Good glass of wine...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's scary that someone that good can't get into our team. He'd start for 15/20 clubs in the division at the moment I think. BTW Hamza couldn't even make the bench! Bodes very well for the Christmas period when the games are every 3 days and you have to use your squad.

 

Rodgers has a very good record at changing the game with subs. I thought taking off Perez was very harsh as he looked more effectual than Gray, but within 5 minutes it all made sense. Forget his goal for a second, his pace terrified Palace and because they had to push up to get an equaliser it was giving him tons of room to operate in. Praet also made a difference for the brief time he was on for, not just with that pass.

Yes, I thought that the substitutions were  very good too. Perez was getting very expensive in giving the ball away, against teams like Liverpool or Man City we could get punished heavily. Barnes too was becoming ineffectual. Both had given their best and their replacements were sensible.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dyanmark said:

Can I just mention the ball Praet played his first touch long to Chilwell wide left who hit the post .

Very tasty

 

I had a moment with that. Outstanding tbh. His first touch is a cross field ball which so nearly lead to a goal. 

We have that quality on the bench, incredible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I had a moment with that. Outstanding tbh. His first touch is a cross field ball which so nearly lead to a goal. 

We have that quality on the bench, incredible. 

I actually clapped and sighed at the pure magnificence of the ball and then Ben’s first touch. Oh how we are being paid back in full for the championship relegation and the seasons leading up to it. It’s a great time to follow LCFC. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...