Sign in to follow this  
Deeg67

Dwight McNeil

1 minute ago, LCCFox96 said:

He certainly could be but that was my point really - he needs the time to develop when we already have Barnes and Gray (albeit Gray seems to be progressing slower). If 2013/14 Mahrez arrived at Leicester now we wouldn't necessarily have the luxury of time to give him the minutes. Imo, the new winger has to be an improvement on the first 11 now and really take the team up a gear. McNeil is a talent but isn't that player at this stage of his career.

Its a tough one for sure. In the summer, I am sure a lot would have said Pepe or Sarr would be those types of signings, and with us, they may have been, but they also may not and been just as underwhelming as they currently appear to be.

Scouting is a great sounding, but actually a tough bloody job I reckon, and I am glad it is not mine!

So maybe its sometimes worth a bit more patience than we like to give, I mean look at Barnes now, hopefully Gray soon, then JJ, then??? :dunno:

38 minutes ago, Shane said:

Not an upgrade on Gray or Albrighton to be honest. Bin ! 

Premier League Record

Appearances 118
Goals 8
Assists 7

Appearances 33
Goals 4
Assists 8

Have a guess which stats are McNeil's and which are Gray's shouldn't be hard...

• Thanks 1

On 07/11/2019 at 14:01, Stadt said:

Premier League Record

Appearances 118
Goals 8
Assists 7

Appearances 33
Goals 4
Assists 8

Have a guess which stats are McNeil's and which are Gray's shouldn't be hard...

In a team that play good old fashioned hoof ball, those stats are pretty good.

For me it looks like a no brainier - it’ll be someone the ‘bigger’ clubs will want but too scared to pay the money in case he flops as he plays for Burnley. Let’s get him

No thanks, would probably end up breaking our record for this player who I really don't think is the talent people make him out to be.

13 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

No thanks, would probably end up breaking our record for this player who I really don't think is the talent people make him out to be.

He does well in a team centred on crossing or direct play. Would love to see him in a more open play team to see how he did.

Was really impressed with him down the King Power, he stood out for Burnley. Like some have said, he does seem to lack genuine pace but his quality on the ball matched with his work rate off it sets him up nicely to be a top class footballer.

Not really watched him just see the MOTD hype etc, but watching him tonight and been impressed. Wouldn't say he makes our 1st 11. But if we make Europe he could deffo come in and wouldn't look out of place.

5Live were raving about him prior to kick off tonight. Apparently he was involved in England’s training camp for the home game v Czech Rep. and was hugely impressive. I guess as he’s English he’ll command a huge fee. 

Looks very lightweight and slow. Can’t see him fitting into a Brendan style of play.  Just has a good left foot. Most certainly not worth what’s been quoted.