Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

The ‘Media Trying To Sell Our Players Again’ Thread

In general, I think our fan base needs tk chill out a bit on this 

I was a bit surprised at tanners’ article re chillwell - that Man City assumed they would just buy him cos they wanted him 

why would we have allowed that ??? Although we clearly didn’t trust cags to just step into maguire’s shoes initially .... so the lack of left back cover can’t be seen as a reason not to sell. 

I may be in the minority but I'm not that bothered.

I'm sure standout performers at lesser clubs or clubs down the divisions are also linked to us. It's all part of the hierarchy system. 

All that matters is that LCFC dont get bullied in the market. Sky, RedCafe, Journos etc can try and "sell our players" for all they like.

• Like 2

Just now, tylesta said:

It's a shame these bigger clubs with bigger resources don't have better scouting networks. 

I remember after we won the league there were some suggestions/theories that we had 'changed' football as we'd shown that you can be successful without just chucking a load of money at it. On the whole it seems like nothing has changed. Clubs still don't seem to have invested enough in their scouting network/infrastructure and take a risk on players before they make a big move. Not necessarily aimed at Man City but 'big' clubs in general.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Charl91 said:

Gotta pull you up on that one. Maguire certainly wasn't our third choice CB, he was our first choice CB.

Now we may have arguably improved with Soyuncu (Too early to tell still, but looks likely), but we certainly didn't know that at the time. 

He was our third choice cb mate. Morgan and Evans were better last season. We got £80m because of an internet meme during the World Cup. Class

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

He was our third choice cb mate. Morgan and Evans were better last season. We got £80m because of an internet meme during the World Cup. Class

I’d say he was first choice but fourth best performer in the back four last year. Evans was our best centre half by a mile last season, Wes was very good when Harry was injured and suspended 

• Like 1